Who refuses to spend their money on shiny rocks?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Right after she drops $10k on me to show her appreciation.

That sort of selfish attitude will take you far in marriage. :D Nobody is forcing you to buy a ring. If a girl is, then I'd spend some time rethinking that decision.

I bought my wife a ring that cost me a lot of money at the time. Not because she expected or demanded it, but because it's what I wanted to do for her. If you do it for any other reason then you're doing it wrong.

Blown 89

Established Member
Diamonds are the biggest waste of money in life. Unfortunately not everyone sees it that way so....

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I've been married to the same woman for 17 years. I still buy her jewelry every now and then.

Aside from the x-rated things she still does for me (every night if I, not her, had the energy)...let's just say there are teenagers that would be jealous of the play I still get.

She massages my feet almost every other night. Prepares every meal for me. Has coffee ready for me every morning at 6am when I get up. Completely manages the kids. Handles all the bills. I could go on and on.

I'll continue to buy her an "expensive" piece of jewelry here and there.

If you can't figure it out. I feel sorry for you.

Little bauble gifts like that are inherent to a relationship. Women love it. Like someone already said, it lets her show off to her friends and let them know that her man pampers her, something very important to women.

Last edited:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Happy wife, happy life. I've bought a lot of jewelry for the Mrs. over our 33 year marriage. However everything I have bought for her was all good quality stuff. Not the crap you get from Zales or any of those "other" places you see in every mall. Everything I've bought her over the years has appreciated in value. It's an investment in my wife's happiness and my sons financial future after we're gone.

I bought a LOT of Thai Baht gold while I was overseas and damn glad I did! All of that stuff has almost tripled in value due to the rising gold prices.

U.M.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yup. Shit, I went to Costco for a ring. Saved a lot of money going there compared to a major jewelry store and got a nice quality ring.

Then once I got the ring, I went to a couple family owned jewelry stores to verify the ring was legit/spec'd out accurately. ...

Your own family wouldn't cut you a better deal than Costco??

I've been married to the same woman for 17 years. I still buy her jewelry every now and then.

Aside from the x-rated things she still does for me (every night if I, not her, had the energy)...let's just say there are teenagers that would be jealous of the play I still get.

She massages my feet almost every other night. Prepares every meal for me. Has coffee ready for me every morning at 6am when I get up. Completely manages the kids. Handles all the bills. I could go on and on.

I guess that kind of explains your screen name! It doesn't look like you contribute shit else to the marriage. LOL :poke:

On topic, I spent a few K on my wife's band. We both felt it would be stupid to spend tens of thousands on a ceremony, so we went to the Justice of the Peace. Neither of us knows or cares about anybody enough to spend that kind of money on a hugely expensive, boring ass party that lasts only a few hours. It irks both of us to know end to hear/see young people planning huge weddings and they barely even have a place of their own to lay their heads at night, if at all. There are people...err...women that don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of that want $30K+ wedding ceremonies. That is the epitome of immature and irresponsible.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I bought my wife's engagement ring and wedding band off craigslist, paid cash for about 1/4 of the price as new. She never knew the difference until I told her years later and she didn't GAF. I would NEVER pay retail price for diamonds.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
On topic, I spent a few K on my wife's band. We both felt it would be stupid to spend tens of thousands on a ceremony, so we went to the Justice of the Peace. Neither of us knows or cares about anybody enough to spend that kind of money on a hugely expensive, boring ass party that lasts only a few hours. It irks both of us to know end to hear/see young people planning huge weddings and they barely even have a place of their own to lay their heads at night, if at all. There are people...err...women that don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of that want $30K+ wedding ceremonies. That is the epitome of immature and irresponsible.
preface: The wife and I JOPed it and had Olive Garden afterwards with our two friends that were witnesses...
Besides your point of women that can't afford $30k+ weddings. You do realize that it isn't just about the wedding day right? Many days leading up to a wedding are spent planning, this includes cake tasting, dress fittings, all sorts of random shit. If a dude does it right he makes all those instances memorable. Why worry about what others do?

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Mine and I looked around just so I could get an idea of what she liked.
I went back later and bought the one I wanted that fit the category of what she liked.
Not uber expensive but not cheap. Quality over quantity also.

I figure I'm asking her to marry me and if she wants to then she will accept what I have to offer.
22 years later we are doing better than ever.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Your own family wouldn't cut you a better deal than Costco??

I guess that kind of explains your screen name! It doesn't look like you contribute shit else to the marriage. LOL :poke:

You're not playing nice today, that time of month?

nxhappy

Established Member
Custom designed $10K engagement ring, and another $7K on a custom wedding band. At the time, it was all worth it, because I knew it would make her happy. In the end, it didn't matter.....still got divorced.

ooowwwwww

nxhappy

Established Member
if you guys are buying diamonds in mainland America, you are getting pwned

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member

;-)

All joking aside, I contribute in different ways. She gets pampered. She gets to be a stay at home mom, in a house she picked out (I've always let her pick the house whenever we moved), driving a late model loaded out Z71 Suburban, in one of the nicest parts of Houston. She rarely has to cook and gets pretty much everything she asks for. If the kids start disrespecting her, all she has to do is tell them that she is going to let me know how they are behaving. That usually squashes it.

I wouldn't trade her for anything.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
;-)

All joking aside, I contribute in different ways. She gets pampered. She gets to be a stay at home mom, in a house she picked out (I've always let her pick the house whenever we moved), driving a late model loaded out Z71 Suburban, in one of the nicest parts of Houston. She rarely has to cook and gets pretty much everything she asks for. If the kids start disrespecting her, all she has to do is tell them that she is going to let me know how they are behaving. That usually squashes it.

I wouldn't trade her for anything.

I'm glad you picked up on the humor! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread