Who might sell their Boss for a 2015

86Fbody

Established Member
Now, some of the guys who are serious track guys, I believe may jump off the Boss for the 2016 (or 17) in house GT 350; close to 600 HP N/A and called by my source ( we all have anonymous sources) a "Track Monster!" Will this be the answer to the Z28? Maybe the Roadrunner with CJ intake and other stuff?

That will be interesting to see when it comes out. I would love NA but someone else said they weren't having the best luck with the Voodoo and might go Eco6, which I think would be even more awesome.

LostPony

Established Member
... though there aren't a ton of Mustang that I have seen at the SCCA PDX's.

Add one more kona blue Boss next year. I'll be giving the PDX time trials a shot next year at Summit. And if my wife picks up the 2.3L turbo like we talked about, you'll see that one on track too.

86Fbody

Established Member
Add one more kona blue Boss next year. I'll be giving the PDX time trials a shot next year at Summit. And if my wife picks up the 2.3L turbo like we talked about, you'll see that one on track too.

That would be awesome to have another one out there, may bring the car but not track it depending on how money looks.

guarnibl

Established Member
I tried to have this conversation/debate on BMO without very much success. I bought the Boss as a track car and as such the only value it is to me is as a track car. After driving it for a while I have realized I could have just bought a GT and made a much more capable track car without paying the premium for the Boss. I figured I would open the floor up to see who else might trade the Boss in, sell it, or pick up a new 2015 or 2016 to see how well it may do on the track. I would prefer if statements could be qualified, no nonsense answers like "Well if you don't get why the Boss is special and should be kept then you don't get it", I assume we are all adults here and can actually support an argument.

There's no doubt you can build a GT that will do just as well around the track for less than the Boss. People buy the Boss because it's a great vehicle to also drive daily, quite rare, and it's great around the track out of the gate. Beyond that and I think it's just people who can afford it and think it's a cool car. I don't think there's much of a utility argument to be made here when it comes to GT vs Boss.

We all know the Boss will lose value. There will be exceptions but most will be rare color low mile LS.

By definition seeing a Boss 302 that isn't your own is pretty rare. Does that make it a rare car? We would have to know the documented (by someone or set of someones that's considered to be in a position of authority on a subject like that) and generally accepted criteria for that -- which I don't think exists. Otherwise it's just personal opinion. But seeing one is certainly rare.

And no, there's no way I would get rid of my Boss for an S550 :)

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
No way! It only took me 2 weeks of calling 60-70 dealers for a SBY, PW or RR to find my 13 SBY Boss 1200 miles away LOL!!!:lol1: So yeah it's a tad bit more rare that most others around here, hell I see more ZR1's than Boss's I know of about 5-7 12/13 Boss's that I've seen in the past 1-2 years around Lafayette.

lol I hear ya.

I remember when buying mine, it was around 3 weeks of calling over 25 dealerships across the country. Then once I located one I had to convince them to accept my cash for msrp 49,465 wired sight unseen that week. I found 1 dealer willing to do it lol.

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
I've always wanted a "milestone" Ford. A car that was special, unique and undeniably cool. Ten years from now the BOSS will still be cool, and '15 GT's will be parked in HS parking lots with 2 foot spoilers on them. History teaches us lessons, only the wise learn from those lessons. Anyone who realized their '69-'70 BOSS 429 or 302 car was unique, and special, is sitting on a pile of cash. But even better than that, they have something not everyone can have. I may be 80 years old when that happens, but my car will be shocking little kids 23 years from now, and yes, it still will be mint!

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
I've always wanted a "milestone" Ford. A car that was special, unique and undeniably cool. Ten years from now the BOSS will still be cool, and '15 GT's will be parked in HS parking lots with 2 foot spoilers on them. History teaches us lessons, only the wise learn from those lessons. Anyone who realized their '69-'70 BOSS 429 or 302 car was unique, and special, is sitting on a pile of cash. But even better than that, they have something not everyone can have. I may be 80 years old when that happens, but my car will be shocking little kids 23 years from now, and yes, it still will be mint!

That's just another reason why the Boss wasn't the right car for me. I wanted a car that handled very well and was fast, not a piece of history that people are reticent to drive.

LostPony

Established Member
When I bought mine I joked to the salesman, "Save the window sticker. When it goes to Barrett-Jackson in 25 years and has 250,000 miles on it, at least it'll have it's original window sticker!"

86Fbody

Established Member
When I bought mine I joked to the salesman, "Save the window sticker. When it goes to Barrett-Jackson in 25 years and has 250,000 miles on it, at least it'll have it's original window sticker!"

That's a good idea, glad I kept mine. Also it's good to know the car will be driven and not kept with very few miles in the garage and only taken out on February 29th.

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
You can still drive a car and keep it "MINT" ........................everyone wants my DD's because they look, drive, and smell mint after 10 years. I drive my BOSS every time I feel like it, which is quite often. I won't however drive it in snow or road gak, I've got an F-250 for that job. I have no problem having an original car with the patina of use about it, that's what they are meant for, to be used.

86Fbody

Established Member
You can still drive a car and keep it "MINT" ........................everyone wants my DD's because they look, drive, and smell mint after 10 years. I drive my BOSS every time I feel like it, which is quite often. I won't however drive it in snow or road gak, I've got an F-250 for that job. I have no problem having an original car with the patina of use about it, that's what they are meant for, to be used.

I completely agree, you can keep a car in very good, or I guess if you also are very good, can keep it perfect. I like "that's what they are meant for, to be used." Probably best thing I have seen on this forum.

Kevin R

Established Member

Well said! I totally agree and appreciate your post. :rockon:

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
Case in point, my car has a rock hit in the hood stripe, as long as the whole decal doesn't lift, it stays. I live on a dirt National Forest road, I creepy crawl my SBY Boss a mile down it to hit pavement, all the while getting the strangest looks from bear hunters rolling in with hounds hanging out the sides of their trucks! I won't give up the car or my rural lifestyle, being able to shoot off one's porch..............priceless. I'll let my kids worry about scrubbing the road dust off the bottom of the BOSS, there will be plenty, ha, ha!

Para81

Established Member
I completely agree, you can keep a car in very good, or I guess if you also are very good, can keep it perfect. I like "that's what they are meant for, to be used." Probably best thing I have seen on this forum.

Yup I DD my 911 and Boss back to back (depending on my mood). I also handwash them weekly and wax them every quarter. They look stunning everyday either cruising down the road or doing 140mph on the highway :)

Para81

Established Member
Case in point, my car has a rock hit in the hood stripe, as long as the whole decal doesn't lift, it stays. I live on a dirt National Forest road, I creepy crawl my SBY Boss a mile down it to hit pavement, all the while getting the strangest looks from bear hunters rolling in with hounds hanging out the sides of their trucks! I won't give up the car or my rural lifestyle, being able to shoot off one's porch..............priceless. I'll let my kids worry about scrubbing the road dust off the bottom of the BOSS, there will be plenty, ha, ha!

lol I know the feeling.

Last year I lived on a very rural part of Virginia on a farm for 4 months during the winter. There was a dirt road for a good 500 yards before that connected to the main road so I would creep the 911 along it at about 4mph - got a lot of strange looks from the neighbors lol. You got balls driving the Boss through that haha, can't say I would of dared bring the 302 up from Fl in that area. It was nice popping off rounds of my .45 when I got bored though :beer:

LostPony

Established Member
My car has so much road grime on it right now that some might hang me for how dirty she is, or how often I choose to change my oil, or that I (gasp!) smoke in it. It's MINE, and I'll do whatever the hell I want in it!

Para81

Established Member
My car has so much road grime on it right now that some might hang me for how dirty she is, or how often I choose to change my oil, or that I (gasp!) smoke in it. It's MINE, and I'll do whatever the hell I want in it!

I hope it's weed you smoke in the Boss and not cigarettes.

Users who are viewing this thread