Who might sell their Boss for a 2015

86Fbody

Established Member
This is the same reason people build Hondas:burnout:

The car scene is much different now than when the SVO came out. Muscle cars with over 400 hp is the norm...much more with simple bolt ons. A turbo 4 cylinder in a 3500 lb chassis will not be competitive with a 450+ hp V8 in a 3600 lb chassis.

Not stock for stock, it also would probably be more expensive to build the 2.3 but I would still like to see one at Summit. You can't tell me you're one of those "No replacement for displacement" people.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Not stock for stock, it also would probably be more expensive to build the 2.3 but I would still like to see one at Summit. You can't tell me you're one of those "No replacement for displacement" people.

Not at all....I had a 2012 PW Boss but sold it to my dad.

The mustang was fun to drive but too big and heavy IMHO. I'm building a civic...I like small, nimble cars.

P1050411.jpg

P1050416.jpg

P1050417.jpg

P1050412.jpg

86Fbody

Established Member
Not at all....I had a 2012 PW Boss but sold it to my dad.

The mustang was fun to drive but too big and heavy IMHO. I'm building a civic...I like small, nimble cars.

I remember your Boss, reason I got my hood painted the way I did. It's not a drag Civic is it?

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
No...basically I'm building a street civic with a racing suspension and lots of motor work. It will be a great canyon carver and road course car (if they let me track it without a roll cage). I will have around 300 hp at the front tires from a naturally aspirated 2.4 liter four banger.

86Fbody

Established Member
No...basically I'm building a street civic with a racing suspension and lots of motor work. It will be a great canyon carver and road course car (if they let me track it without a roll cage). I will have around 300 hp at the front tires from a naturally aspirated 2.4 liter four banger.

Depending on who you go with you probably won't need one. If you have harnesses though and no roll bar, at least, you may find it hard to get an instructor in the car.

germeezy1

Established Member
A Boss is not a rare car as rare cars go. If I can jump on autotrader, and find numerous Bosses for sale it is not a rare car.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member

I wanted to revisit this comment...I understand the nostalgia associated with a turbo 4 cylinder mustang, but don't you think an Ecoboost v6 would offer MUCH MUCH more potential from an enthusiast perspective? The aftermarket potential would be huge and this would also allow people to slowly acclimate to the inevitable demise of a V8 mustang.

Ecoboost v6 mustang just makes sense...it's the right size motor for a (slightly) more svelte Mustang.

germeezy1

Established Member
I wanted to revisit this comment...I understand the nostalgia associated with a turbo 4 cylinder mustang, but don't you think an Ecoboost v6 would offer MUCH MUCH more potential from an enthusiast perspective? The aftermarket potential would be huge and this would also allow people to slowly acclimate to the inevitable demise of a V8 mustang.

Ecoboost v6 mustang just makes sense...it's the right size motor for a (slightly) more svelte Mustang.

Ford has said that it originally was going to be 2.3 Turbo or 5.0 with no V6 option at all. Personally I would never consider a V6 or 2.3 Turbo Mustang unless we were talking about an SVO.

86Fbody

Established Member

This I would love. Also because I have always thought that it would be cool one day to do an AWD mustang and since the Eco 6 is in the SHO maybe one day that would be possible. Also you are right, once again I am arguing for the sake of argument, though I would find a tracked 2.3 a cool idea. The 6 would be more practical for making power to because you wouldn't be asking as much of the engine. Somewhat like how all drifters now use V8's because they can actually withstand the abuse that the 4 cylinders were exploding from.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Well, you might be the exception but I find it hard to believe others wouldn't consider an Ecoboost V6. With aftermarket support, it would be capable of more torque and similar HP as a full bolt on naturally aspirated v8.

Edit: this post was in response to germeezy1

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
Well, you might be the exception but I find it hard to believe others wouldn't consider an Ecoboost V6. With aftermarket support, it would be capable of more torque and similar HP as a full bolt on naturally aspirated v8.

Edit: this post was in response to germeezy1

I was gonna say, the quote feature is your friend.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
I heard rumors that the flat crank motor wasn't producing the expected power Ford was hoping for...wouldn't it be interesting if FoMoCo opted instead for a beastly Ecoboost v6 for the GT350. Especially if it weighed a couple hundred pounds less than the standard GT...

86Fbody

Established Member
How stout are the Ecoboost motors? I mean looking at them to look ridiculous, plus the price apparently of a V6 Ecoboost is 17 grand, that must be some wonder motor to be more then the most expensive of Ford's crate V8's.

Users who are viewing this thread