Who might sell their Boss for a 2015

86Fbody

Established Member
I'm surprised that no one has brought up the point, maybe because it no longer is an issue, that an IRS usually is less efficient at putting power down, ie. more drivetrain loss. Might not make the new mustang as appealing even if it has more power at the crank.

Grant808

Established Member
I'm surprised that no one has brought up the point, maybe because it no longer is an issue, that an IRS usually is less efficient at putting power down, ie. more drivetrain loss. Might not make the new mustang as appealing even if it has more power at the crank.

Nah. That's not a difference you can feel. It's just like people who point out that the Boss has 10 less ft-lbs. of torque. You can't tell.

86Fbody

Established Member
Nah. That's not a difference you can feel. It's just like people who point out that the Boss has 10 less ft-lbs. of torque. You can't tell.

I meant in respect to the S550 having a little more power, but it will probably still be less to the wheels.

Grant808

Established Member
True, I wonder if there is anything yet to substantiate the claim of the GT TrackPack being faster then the Boss?

The one I saw had P Zeros in 275/40-19 rear and 255/40-19 front...if the GT ends up 200 lbs. lighter I'd expect it to out handle a Boss. Especially if it's tested on a tight bumpy course like Streets of Willow.

86Fbody

Established Member
The one I saw had P Zeros in 275/40-19 rear and 255/40-19 front...if the GT ends up 200 lbs. lighter I'd expect it to out handle a Boss. Especially if it's tested on a tight bumpy course like Streets of Willow.

Which I wouldn't put it past Ford to do. Really wish they would get off the Pirelli train, IMO those tires suck so hard.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
I'd bet the 2015 will be faster around the track vs the Boss.....IRS is badass!

I loved my Boss and it was great on the road course, but if had IRS it would be even better. IMO

86Fbody

Established Member
I'd bet the 2015 will be faster around the track vs the Boss.....IRS is badass!

I loved my Boss and it was great on the road course, but if had IRS it would be even better. IMO

I am sure an IRS would be awesome but I bet the SRA makes you a better driver since it is less forgiving and requires more concentration.

Grant808

Established Member
The more I look into the changes in the front suspension, the more I think I *could* replace the Boss. Everyone seems to think the IRS is the key to better handling...I think there's more to be gained on track from the improvements up front.

The PSS is an all season right? If so the DWS is also an awesome tire.

No, Pilot Super Sports aren't all season...the Michelin All Seasons are labelled A/S

Users who are viewing this thread