Whipple or KB?

Blown 89

Established Member
Business Ethics 101: You never publicly insult a client (past or present) no matter how wrong you believe them to be. :nonono:
Business Ethics 102: Never threaten to release a client's personal information to the public out of spite

BTW, how is this thread still open?

CDR Stang

SCT PRP Tuned Whiner
Established Member
BTW, how is this thread still open?
Where else can people voice their constructive opinion and facts about products and their performance? Flaming and flag waving aside, threads like these contain information and insight invaluable to those seeking more than what any manufacture of a product chooses to feed us. :)

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
It is amazing how every past KB customer that has had a problem is a liar.
Like I said, superiority complex with an inferior product.

Please no one ban down2earth...he is constant entertainment. Like having our very own little dancing monkey.

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Established Member
Well, this thread def helped to make my mind up. All I've seen from KB in this thread is them slandering anybody that has posted a negative experience. I definitely would not want to be treated in that way, that's for sure. Looks like I"m going to be running a whipple.

mgmustang1

Established Member
Just got my whipple today!! Chris@bap performance hooked me up. Can't beat the ford racing on the side. Its a true masterpiece

Kenne Bell

Established Member
KB left out a lot of information and misrepresented the truth about some of what they posted and I have receipts and email proving it should their lawyer ever send me a letter like they promised a few months ago (still waiting) not to mention that none of the posts on the net were ever looked into like they said. Some of those posts prove they're not telling you the entire story....that or I started fabricating this lie years and years ago in anticipation of this thread. They may have their own blowers now and may have fixed their customer service issues but if I were in the market for a blower I'd think twice about doing business with a company that threated to release member's personal information and is having so many serious issues. There's a difference between standing up for yourself and showing your true colors......indeed, go KB go.

Like others have said, keep posting, you're doing KB more harm than good.

We do not have a problem with someone posting up if the have an issue with our products. That is what these forums are for, right? We do have a problem when the posts are a complete bash fest on us or tell outright lies and we will defend ourselves. We want to make sure everyone knows both sides to the story. Some people you just can't help others you can. We are here to help the ones that will listen. Look at our website, it is full of information, back to back test. We have had so many late night early mornings here so Jim can but up all that information for you. Jim enjoys the data, He chants all the time, "One of the real dangers of running tests is your bound to get data!" He has it posted on the dyno!! We are here to sell supercharger kits. Jim Bell has years of experience not only supercharging but in NA and turbo cars. He is an engineer and a old greaser car guy. The best of both worlds! He has a lot of pride in his products and parts that have been tested and proven, so when someone starts a thread or a post about how Kenne Bell screwed them or they sent their supercharger back 6 times for a rebuild or they are complete junk it lights him up! BTW, we already throughly investigated and addressed this post and clearly proved the customer was an out right liar. He CAN NOT back up his claims, we can support ours. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but not entitled to post false and misleading statements. Kenne Bell Superchargers is the pride and joy of Jim Bell, he will defend his company to the end!!
All BS aside I personally have been in the aftermarket business for 17 years. I started working for Mark Sanchez(A.E.W.) and John Mihovetz (Accufab). At that time they worked very close with Jim. We used to install tons of the 5 liter kits for Jim and gave him feed back on them. I knew then that Jim was a great guy! A no bullshit type of guy. I remember one time in the shop we were all standing around and a Magazine guy was stating the horsepower gain he got with a mail order chip and a open underhood filter on a 5.0. Jim said,” Bullshit, where is the data! Bring it up, lets throw it on the dyno!” I remember thinking, man this guy knows his stuff! If you say something to him you better have the ammo to back it up!
I’m telling you this because I have been around, I have work for other aftermarket companies. I worked for company’s where you are coached on what to say. “Just get the credit card number! If you don’t someone else will!”,“ Tell them it will work, just get the card number!”.In this business there are a lot of companies out there like that. Kenne Bell is not like that, Jim would rather educate then just sell. Jim Has been in business for a long time and isn’t going anywhere. I believe it is because of this attitude.
I can tell you Jim Bell is a very competitive man. The reason this company and industry has come this far is because of Jim and people like him! So the next time someone posts up some outlandish BS about sending their supercharger back 6 times or whatever, you just better have the back up, because Jim will!

Mike
Kenne Bell

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Your words about him mean nothing to me, he signs your paycheck. I just know how many troubles myself and others had with zero help from the man and the company. That is what matters to me.

Last edited:

DOWN2EARTH411

Established Member
It is amazing how every past KB customer that has had a problem is a liar.
Like I said, superiority complex with an inferior product.

Please no one ban down2earth...he is constant entertainment. Like having our very own little dancing monkey.

Thanks man that means alot to me!!!! LOL No serisously I just have some late night fun myself...It just kept going to far..so I keept going to..I sit here and crack up the whole time...because these guys take this shit so serious...Its funny as hell. but as I said in many threads I think whipple makes a really great blower, but just by me saying KB is better these guys went nuts!!!!!! it was so funny. this is just ent for me. and I do post and read some really good info to....I'm really just playing, so guys dont let one person who just stating what he thinks get you in a twist...its not worth it... I love are cars no matter what you have whipple or KB or pro charger..

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
BTW, we already throughly investigated and addressed this post and clearly proved the customer was an out right liar. He CAN NOT back up his claims, we can support ours. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but not entitled to post false and misleading statements. Kenne Bell Superchargers is the pride and joy of Jim Bell, he will defend his company to the end!!
Something tells me that oversights like RMA#206180 that I have a records for 2 years before you claim I ever contacted you is part is why my mailbox was never full with the legal actions I was threatened with and links like the one I posted are still active. A lot of people on this thread had the same issues I did with seals leaking and apparently we're all liars. KB did right by me for many years and I stood by them but eventually you get tired of it and just want to stop fixing problems and enjoy your car. I'm not alone in that as many people I know who bought their blowers because of me have chosen to move on for the same reasons I did. Hopefully all of KB's problems are ancient history but their demeanor certainly could use an overhaul. Hopefully everyone can put this to rest as I'd like to bow out of this discussion before I'm threatened again.

Last edited:

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Thanks man that means alot to me!!!!

It was not meant to be a compliment.

None of this is funny to me. When you have a problem with a blower it means down time and if it is a KB blower it means more money out of your pocket and extreme level of frustration with the people on the phone. Spending $4360 on a $3500 blower is bullshit. $3500 for the blower, $700 to fix it, $160 shipping both ways. I have dealt with literally hundreds of manufactures, distributors, wholesale and retail places between all of the motorsports that I am/have been into and have never felt so ripped off by a company.

Last edited:

Kenne Bell

Established Member
It was not meant to be a compliment.

None of this is funny to me. When you have a problem with a blower it means down time and if it is a KB blower it means more money out of your pocket and extreme level of frustration with the people on the phone. Spending $4360 on a $3500 blower is bullshit. $3500 for the blower, $700 to fix it, $160 shipping both ways. I have dealt with literally hundreds of manufactures, distributors, wholesale and retail places between all of the motorsports that I am/have been into and have never felt so ripped off by a company.

Where did you by your supercharger?

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Thanks man that means alot to me!!!! LOL No serisously I just have some late night fun myself...It just kept going to far..so I keept going to..I sit here and crack up the whole time...because these guys take this shit so serious...Its funny as hell. but as I said in many threads I think whipple makes a really blower, but just by me saying KB is better these guys went nuts!!!!!! it was so funny. this is just ent for me. and I do post and read some really good info to....I'm really just playing, so guys dont let one person who just stating what he thinks get you in a twist...its not worth it... I love are cars no matter what you have whipple or KB or pro charger..

yah i dont think you get it. you may think your having fun, but others are just annoyed with you. you dont sound educated( whipple makes a really blower!)

and funny how after everyone flames you , your just doing it for fun.:dw: get a grip dude.

imbuggin

Established Member
troll

Originally Posted by DOWN2EARTH411
Thanks man that means alot to me!!!! LOL No serisously I just have some late night fun myself...It just kept going to far..so I keept going to..I sit here and crack up the whole time...because these guys take this shit so serious...Its funny as hell. but as I said in many threads I think whipple makes a really blower, but just by me saying KB is better these guys went nuts!!!!!! it was so funny. this is just ent for me. and I do post and read some really good info to....I'm really just playing, so guys dont let one person who just stating what he thinks get you in a twist...its not worth it... I love are cars no matter what you have whipple or KB or pro charger

can you say troll who is now trying to back track. Ban this moron already he is a waste of oxygen. If he did anything at all, it was to convince people to buy a whipple instead of a KB because of the unprofessional way KB conducted themselves in an open forum. Mike or whoever posted for KB would be out of a job if I were his employer. These threads have turned out to be the worst possible PR form kenny Bell. They better hope these threads go away soon because they are attracting more and more attention.

I honestly do not think I would consider a KB if I were in the market for a blower now and it is all because of the way they respond to customers. I guess I am glad I am not one. I don't own a whipple so can't speak. My customer service from procharger is 110% they way a company should be.

downtoearthfool is the biggest asshat and needs a banning! Get lost tool

Last edited:

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
+1. he is pmming me after i called him out and told him we should race. you know...since i have one of those inferior whipple cars. LOL. when i get some time i believe we are goin to race for 500. just need a final tune and the place. ill keep you guys posted.

p.s.- downto earf- i will have to wait till after the 15th as i am closing on a property and will have the cash to put up for the race...(not that ill need it)
oh and how much boost are you guna be running on that 2.2? better be at 20+ to beat me chachi.

Kenne Bell

Established Member
Your words about him mean nothing to me, he signs your paycheck. I just know how many troubles myself and others had with zero help from the man and the company. That is what matters to me.

You are certainty entitled to your opinions and you may still be upset about us charging for an out of warranty abused supercharger you purchased used. I did some research on Terry Winchell, the only invoice we show for you was on 8/23/04 in the amount of 600.00. We rebuilt your used compressor (our paperwork shows you to be the second owner). The compressor was shipped to us without pulley, it’s case was discolored ( from is excessive heat) and appeared to be using oil. We rebuilt the unit (normally 599.00) and went through the drive (99.00). So why are we at fault here? Why would we be responsible for a used and abused kit? There was no notes on rotor damage or anything else, just seal damage-from abuse!
Also your friend Mr.Robert Abney sent his supercharger in on 11/10/04 it also needed to be rebuilt. He opted to upgrade from the 2.2 (He sent in) to the 2.4 (Brand new compressor) and a new bypass valve? Then on 12/03/04 he sent in the 2.4 for repair. We rebuilt it no charge we did send a letter with the information for the oil level with high boost/racing instructions and the max supercharger RPM 18,000rpm This supercharger was overheated. Perhaps part of the problem was one of those “Hot air exposed underhood filters” that were so commonly sold to the ‘03 Cobra owners in 2004 when he had his problem. Don’t know for sure but it was run very hard and/or overfilled.. After that we have no records of you or Mr. Abney.

imbuggin

Established Member
You are certainty entitled to your opinions and you may still be upset about us charging for an out of warranty abused supercharger you purchased used. I did some research on Terry Winchell, the only invoice we show for you was on 8/23/04 in the amount of 600.00. We rebuilt your used compressor (our paperwork shows you to be the second owner). The compressor was shipped to us without pulley, it’s case was discolored ( from is excessive heat) and appeared to be using oil. We rebuilt the unit (normally 599.00) and went through the drive (99.00). So why are we at fault here? Why would we be responsible for a used and abused kit? There was no notes on rotor damage or anything else, just seal damage-from abuse!
Also your friend Mr.Robert Abney sent his supercharger in on 11/10/04 it also needed to be rebuilt. He opted to upgrade from the 2.2 (He sent in) to the 2.4 (Brand new compressor) and a new bypass valve? Then on 12/03/04 he sent in the 2.4 for repair. We rebuilt it no charge we did send a letter with the information for the oil level with high boost/racing instructions and the max supercharger RPM 18,000rpm This supercharger was overheated. Perhaps part of the problem was one of those “Hot air exposed underhood filters” that were so commonly sold to the ‘03 Cobra owners in 2004 when he had his problem. Don’t know for sure but it was run very hard and/or overfilled.. After that we have no records of you or Mr. Abney.

WOW are you just plain dumb or what. Have you ever heard of a PRIVATE MESSAGE instead of airing yours and more importantly your customers personal private information? You my friend deserve to lose your job. I can confidently now say I wouldn't buy a thing from your company. I will also be linking this thread to every svt site I know.

Grow the f up and learn some proper business practices you damn moron. Had you tired this BS on me I would have your job and nice chunk of change from your company:beer:

THIS IS THE WORST PR KENNIE BELL COULD GET NICE WORK! I AM SITTING HERE AMAZED AT HOW DUMB YOUR COMPANY COULD LET YOU BE. THAT IS ASSUMING THEY KNOW.

I never had an issue with Kennie Bell blowers or the company before I saw ALL this!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread