Whipple or KB?

DOWN2EARTH411

Established Member
I can tell you Kenne Bell is no longer any part of Lysholm or Autorotor. We manufacture the case and rotors ourself. It is all made by Kenne Bell. It is Jim Bell's design.

Mike@KB

And it is a bad ass blower.... If these guys just did there home work they would know that Kb is a better blower ....hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOWN2EARTH411

Established Member
Here ya go (taken from a variety of car forums). Although this is not a scientific comparison, it appears the Whipple out performs the KB - which happens to theoreticly out displace the Whipple by a third of a liter.

Whipple 2.3
542 hp / 482 tq 13 psi and 17 degrees of timing
544/491 15 psi with 93 octane
589 rwhp and 526 rwtq 15 psi;
575/545 15# 91 octane
580hp 511tq sae #'s 15lbs of boost on 93 octane
580/515 SAE Dynojet 17lbs 18* max timing
585hp=93 octane 600hp=100 octane 17lbs w/ 3.00'' upper pulley
589hp, 525tq - SAE15 psi on 93 octane and 16-19* of timing
604 RWHP and 596 RWTRQ 20LBS. 17.5* of timing
610/476 @19psi 17* timing
612 rwhp and 574 rwtq SAE @ 17 psi (3.00 pulley) with 19 degrees of Max timing on pump gas
619/580 @20psi - 596/545@18psi
623rwhp/606 rwtq 17 PSI, 4 lb lower 3.5 upper. dynojet SAE 93 Octane.
647/621 Mustang Dyno @19.5 psi, 93 Octane
655/633..21lbs of boost..20.5 degress timing..3.2 upper ..6 lbs lower
671 rwhp,635 tq race gas 18 degrees of timing, 23 pds boost

KB 2.6
525rwhp and 462 flb torque at 12 psi
530/505 16# boost w. 8 rib conversion. 7.5 Lower/3.5 Upper
540rwhp and 498 torque on 17# boost
550/??? @ 15 psi on 91 octane tune
560/??? @ 15psi
573/??? @ 18psi
597/527 @ 17psi
601/564 @ 18psi
608/587 @21psi
612RWHP and 590RWTQ @ 17psi
628/563 @ 19 lbs Boost
632/ 584 @ 19 psi on 93 octane

Anyone can type that... tell me the website so I can see it..because those KB #'s dont jive..at all. my buddys 2.6H with 18psi put down 661rwhp..all stock motor

DOWN2EARTH411

Established Member
19PSI with a 3.25 upper 4LBS lower, it was a new style, and used a single blade.

Man just so you dont lose hope in KB...I have 5 of my good friends run KB's all are over 20LB's.. they have no problems at all. There cars run so good and they beat whipples all day...they just hang!!!!!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ dude have you seriously not fallen off the face of the planet yet?? **** your annoying..

CDR Stang

SCT PRP Tuned Whiner
Established Member
Anyone can type that... tell me the website so I can see it..because those KB #'s dont jive..
Half of those numbers/information came from this site. Others came from sites I searched using the key words - 03 04 cobra, kb 2.6, kb 2.6h, kenne bell supercharger, kennebell, whipple 2.3, whipple 140ax, w140ax, dyno, power, horsepower, torque, kb terminator, whipple terminator, kb cobra, whipple cobra, and a few others. Sorry, I didn't see your buddy's information out there. Got a dyno sheet for that?

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
^^ dude have you seriously not fallen off the face of the planet yet?? **** your annoying..

seriously im local. im guna find out who this idiot is.

IVE CALLED HIM OUT TWO TIMES NOW. DOWNTOEARTH411-----------

I HAVE A WHIPPLE MR KB MARKETING MAN ....LETS RACE! South county hooters. you pick the time and place, and bring 500 bucks too, because you should have no problem beating a little old ported heads, 19 lb header weight reduction radial maybe some nitrous whipple car.
RIIIIIGHHHHHHHHHHHHT??????????

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Tousley Ford and they're a Vendor on here. Just ask for Steve or Kevin.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Man just so you dont lose hope in KB...I have 5 of my good friends run KB's all are over 20LB's.. they have no problems at all. There cars run so good and they beat whipples all day...they just hang!!!!!

You know you being an idiot in this thread has done more hurt for KB than help sales.

Just a FYI

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
where's the cheapest place to buy a whipple?

either that or used from someone. got mine with 500 miles for 2600. Posi used to have one too, an older style but only wanted like 2300 for it.

just look around you will find a good deal. IMO its worth saving 400 bucks you know?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^He's exactly correct. I wouldn't hesitate on buying a used one in a second. There's at least one new style on here right now for $2,600.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
^ yah actually i may be upgrading to the 3.4 and an automatic sometime soon, so maybe this fall my blower will be coming off. im only guna want like 2600 shipped. its a new style too and only has about 800-1000 miles on it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^If I was doing it all over again the 3.4 Whipple would've went on my car. Just keep it at low boost at say around 20 or so. Then when the car and I would've been ready just up the boost and hello 700hp.

Would've been cheaper in the long run.

DOWN2EARTH411

Established Member
We already have. You may want to keep checking your mailbox.

Oh but wait a minute, John. That's right. John. We’ll be happy to post your last name too if anyone is interested. You're not really being honest at all, are you John? You haven't been honest since your first post.

It's fine with us if you want nothing to do with our company any longer, but now that we do have your personal information (gee, all we had to do was look at your profile after all), and having that information solved a whole lot from our perspective. We were able to look up all your records (which we keep very good ones, by the way), and found out the real truth. Here is the whole scenario, how it all truly played out:

Let’s start from the beginning. By your account this went on for 8 years, however the first contact from you was in 2004 and ended in 2005 (1 year, John, not 8) when you contacted us about a USED kit you bought from another old customer who’s name will stay anonymous since he isn’t a party to this issue. You sent your used, damaged kit to us for a rebuild.

04/01/04 We checked it and sure enough the seals were burned up from being overfilled, so we rebuilt it (routine rebuild - new bearings, seals, re-timed the rotors and bench tested it). The drive checked out fine, so we did not rebuild that at the time. We charged you only half price for a rebuild even though you bought a damaged USED kit that had ZERO WARRANTY to begin with. You also ordered a small pulley to go with the rebuild. We warned at the time about running this pulley on this particular kit with no bypass, and recommended you run the standard pulley only.

08/04/05 You sent the drive ONLY (not the supercharger) back in for a new seal. We did not charge you for a new drive seal or the labor to install it.

12/19/05 You sent the compressor back for another rebuild. We determined you ran the small pulley anyway and since you live in Phoenix - where it can get over 118 degrees - the rotors were scored from excessive heat. They will not do that even in hot climates such as Phoenix with the standard pulley installed. The supercharger was obviously being overspun and the temperature conditions were extreme, causing damage to the rotors and case. Still, EVEN AFTER ALL THIS, we did a compressor rebuild for you at NO CHARGE.

Also, at no point was there any damage to the bearings, we replace them on all rebuilds since they are already easily accessed when removing the rotors and cheap to replace. We have never experienced a single bearing failure. You lied about this too. This is where the story ends John. No sending the kit back SIX times, not even TWICE if you count the first one out for a USED damaged kit from the very beginning.

It’s people like you that go around spreading total BS that make the forums a bad place to be sometimes, however perseverance exposed you for what you really are: You John, are the “liar and the idiot” in the end.

Like we said, watch your mailbox. You will be hearing from our attorney soon. We also highly recommend you refrain from posting any more of your absolute BS on this or any other site if it has anything negative to do with Kenne Bell. We fully intend to follow you around on the “Googled” sites you proudly mentioned to post the truth about the situation and expose you for what you really are and give us more information to hand over to our attorney.

you go KB!!!!!

DOWN2EARTH411

Established Member
DOWN2EARTH411

I have tried to restrain myself for a long time, and I'm really not trying to be an ass, but how old are you? I've seen more intelligent looking posts from 14 year olds on my nephew's Xbox forums.

Also, please, please, please, look up the difference between Their, There, and They're... It's basic English. You learned it in like 5th grade.

thanks I will work on that

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
As you can see he's about as intelligent as a dancing banana, it's sad really. We might as well give up and post something is S.D requesting him to get banned..

Blown 89

Established Member
you go KB!!!!!
KB left out a lot of information and misrepresented the truth about some of what they posted and I have receipts and email proving it should their lawyer ever send me a letter like they promised a few months ago (still waiting) not to mention that none of the posts on the net were ever looked into like they said. Some of those posts prove they're not telling you the entire story....that or I started fabricating this lie years and years ago in anticipation of this thread. They may have their own blowers now and may have fixed their customer service issues but if I were in the market for a blower I'd think twice about doing business with a company that threated to release member's personal information and is having so many serious issues. There's a difference between standing up for yourself and showing your true colors......indeed, go KB go.

Like others have said, keep posting, you're doing KB more harm than good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread