Whipple or KB?

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
That is because you had some "other" rebuilder do it! Not Kenne Bell or Kenne Bell parts. What experience have you had with "Customer service"? I did nothing but try to help you when your "rebuilder" screwed up your 2.2?? Also what are you doing to the 2.2 to have to have it rebuilt in the first place? I bet you have a underhood heater, running 20-22LBS on the street with pump gas...right?

I am sorry, I did not mean to include customer service in that post. I truly apologize, you have been more than helpful!

I honestly meant to put customer service as a plus for KB, lol.

Let me tell you, I don't understand why everyone was saying they couldnt get through to KB... When I called when I first got the blower, I had some questions about play in the snout and got through every single time I called, right away, and the person who I spoke to was VERY informative and helpful. Also, at the same time, I wanted to get new stickers for the KB and a few other KB decals, and they sent a whole little "package" to me at no expense, so as far as customer service, from my experience, Kenne Bell has provided a perfect 10 in that arena.

Yes, you are right, the blower was rebuilt by another person... so I guess my problems weren't b/c of KB... I think the rebuilder due to bad seals, etc.

I think I was just taking out my frustrations with the blower leaking oil out on Kenne Bell as a company, and I apologize for that b/c I have had nothing but excellent service from the company. It's just me having a 3rd party do the rebuild causing my headaches.... again, apologies!

The ONLY thing I can say though, is compared to other whipples, is the torque is typically lower on average than most other 2.3L whipples at the same boost levels... seems to be that the 2.2's were low on torque. I think the 2.8H's and the mammoths have made up for that now though, lol.

Hopefully no hard feelings because I really do appreciate you helping me out in my posts about the issues after the rebuild.

I have a K&N intake (recommended by HBH, my tuner), and the car is running on 18lbs of boost with torco... so no, I'm not dogging it out.

Last edited:

sighwest

Established Member
Mike at KB is GOLD! He's helped me with many questions regarding the old, used 1.5 I bought for my B head Cobra. Props to KB and Mike!
Hell, who needs to call them when they seem to ALWAYS be available on this board? All of my questions and everything I've ordered, including a chip, stickers and pulleys went right through their tech department on this forum. All products promptly delivered to my door from the other side of the country. And my little 1.5 is screamin'.........as best as it can. :rolling: At least KB has a positive displacement blower for 96-98 B head-style cobras. Does Whipple? Nope.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
k.b!! and i still drive it on the street..wait till next year and you will really see what these blowers will do!even if K.B dont sponser..lol

pissstain

Banned
That is because you had some "other" rebuilder do it! Not Kenne Bell or Kenne Bell parts. What experience have you had with "Customer service"? I did nothing but try to help you when your "rebuilder" screwed up your 2.2?? Also what are you doing to the 2.2 to have to have it rebuilt in the first place? I bet you have a underhood heater, running 20-22LBS on the street with pump gas...right?

Can i ask what exactly an "underhood heater" is?

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
kb FTW! had the 2.6 on my car for over a 1 1/2 years running strong. so streetable its sick. drove it how it says in my sig to st. louis and back. got 24mpg.

100 octane tune every day, street or track. its a beast!

only mistake i made was get it too soon.... 2.8 mammoth is crazy bad ass!

Kenne Bell

Established Member
I am sorry, I did not mean to include customer service in that post. I truly apologize, you have been more than helpful!

I honestly meant to put customer service as a plus for KB, lol.

Let me tell you, I don't understand why everyone was saying they couldnt get through to KB... When I called when I first got the blower, I had some questions about play in the snout and got through every single time I called, right away, and the person who I spoke to was VERY informative and helpful. Also, at the same time, I wanted to get new stickers for the KB and a few other KB decals, and they sent a whole little "package" to me at no expense, so as far as customer service, from my experience, Kenne Bell has provided a perfect 10 in that arena.

Yes, you are right, the blower was rebuilt by another person... so I guess my problems weren't b/c of KB... I think the rebuilder due to bad seals, etc.

I think I was just taking out my frustrations with the blower leaking oil out on Kenne Bell as a company, and I apologize for that b/c I have had nothing but excellent service from the company. It's just me having a 3rd party do the rebuild causing my headaches.... again, apologies!

The ONLY thing I can say though, is compared to other whipples, is the torque is typically lower on average than most other 2.3L whipples at the same boost levels... seems to be that the 2.2's were low on torque. I think the 2.8H's and the mammoths have made up for that now though, lol.

Hopefully no hard feelings because I really do appreciate you helping me out in my posts about the issues after the rebuild.

I have a K&N intake (recommended by HBH, my tuner), and the car is running on 18lbs of boost with torco... so no, I'm not dogging it out.

No hard feelings bro! Thanks for clearing things up!

Kenne Bell

Established Member
I'm sure you disagree - I don't think anyone would expect you to side any differently.

I seriously doubt everyone with KBs are running theirs harder than people with whipples.

Now, I don't want to go down the whole list of reasons you say caused blower failures, but was not the blowers fault - but pretty much each of the reasons you've listed sound impossible to prove and easy to blame...I mean, how would you determine overfilling when the byproduct of the damaged blower is the fact that it shoots its oil al over the place? Actually, don't answer that - it's all very subjective and not something we can reasonably discuss.

In all fairness - I have little experience with your newer series of blowers, so all could be perfect. As a hobbyist, from both my personal experience and the general word on the street - the reputation of KB is that they make great power but have a record of blowing the seals.

Sorry I was on vacation. I do disagree that Kenne Bell has a record of blowing out seals. That is not the “general word on the street”. FACT: There has NEVER been a “blown out seal” on a 2.1, 2.6 or 2.8. Yes, we are not perfect. But rest assured, nothing we say or do at Kenne Bell is purely subjective. We know EXACTLY how to prove what causes a particular supercharger problem whether it be overfilling, under filling, no oil, ultra high boost, inoperable by-pass, hot air kits, over boost, etc etc. Its what we do here. We know our products, their limitations and we certainly know what causes seal damage.
Seals are merely rubber that has temperature limitations. We share this information freely with our customers. Most of the tech info applies to any PD supercharger. Check out our website under General Tech Info. “How to avoid and analyze supercharger problems” and “What not to do”. We send this info out with every kit we sell and with all repairs. Many of our customers find it revealing and helpful. Here’s the link

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/general-info/Avoid_and_Analyze.pdf

Jim Bell

Kenne Bell

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread