Whipple or KB?

Common

Established Member
CUSTOMER SERVICE.CUSTOMER SERVICE. CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Then comes the price, but CUSTOMER SERVICE is an absolute deal breaker in this market. Market of extremely ANAL car owners who dont think of their cars as merely transportation.

Whoever nails DOWN this rather simple formula will be the one to come out victor in this "battle", at this point Whipple seems to have it down somewhat better than KB crew.

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Really no sense in replying to this thread unless you are backing KB. I posted a rebutle stating all facts and it was deleted and I was banned. I see Jim can call people names and make his point with no such discpline.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Really no sense in replying to this thread unless you are backing KB. I posted a rebutle stating all facts and it was deleted and I was banned. I see Jim can call people names and make his point with no such discpline.

Enjoy being banned again, you earned it. When I say keep this thread on topic I mean just that. Your listed reason for banning is apparent illiteracy because you seemed to fail to comprehend my instructions or the posts above your's praising Whipple.

Jester

-------------
Established Member
Just bought the 140ax Whipple for the Cobra. Should be done by the beginning of October. Lots of reading here got me to that decision...

Last edited:

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I'd say whipple... and I have a 2.2KB. This thing had to have the seals replaced within a month after the rebuild because it was still leaking oil. Not sure if others had the problem, but I'm just speaking from my experience, I'm in the market for another blower and will be going with whipple. The KB sound is incredible... but i'll still take solid numbers, looks, reliability and customer service over sound.

Kenne Bell

Established Member
I'd say whipple... and I have a 2.2KB. This thing had to have the seals replaced within a month after the rebuild because it was still leaking oil. Not sure if others had the problem, but I'm just speaking from my experience, I'm in the market for another blower and will be going with whipple. The KB sound is incredible... but i'll still take solid numbers, looks, reliability and customer service over sound.

That is because you had some "other" rebuilder do it! Not Kenne Bell or Kenne Bell parts. What experience have you had with "Customer service"? I did nothing but try to help you when your "rebuilder" screwed up your 2.2?? Also what are you doing to the 2.2 to have to have it rebuilt in the first place? I bet you have a underhood heater, running 20-22LBS on the street with pump gas...right?

Jfoster

Established Member
I personally know just a small handful of people who have had KBs and have talked to a few others (who I don't personally know) who have had KBs. Some still do, some dont - but I can tell you that the impression I get is that more than half of them have had failures. I have no experience with KB support.

I've also spoken with local shop owners who insist that whipples last and KBs have a high failure rate. It seems like the shops that speak highly of KB are KB dealers - so that's a little biased, IMO.

I don't want to turn this into a bashing post - just posting my opinions. As an involved enthusiast, it's my observation and opinion that KBs are less reliable than whipples.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
subscribing for now, but will have alot of 1st hand info soon.

Last edited:

WTF D00D

Established Member
I love my KB, of course I have had no problems and have not had to deal with sending it in for repairs or anything like that.

I've had it on my car for over 30k miles and absolutely no issues.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
I love my KB, of course I have had no problems and have not had to deal with sending it in for repairs or anything like that.

I've had it on my car for over 30k miles and absolutely no issues.

What boost level , and is it daily driver ?

Casper03

Cobra Guy
Established Member
Doesn't really matter it is all opinions. No one is wrong. The way I see it is it doesn't matter because after you choose one then you will want more. Then it's turbos and deciding single or twins? It never stops. The right one is the one YOU want most, period.

:pop:

Jfoster

Established Member
Sorta. The reason this item is always under dispute is because the power output is very similar between the same displacement blowers from whipple and KB. It comes down to a reliability issue....an issue that is more fact than opinion because it's been well documented. Many people have KBs and have had them for a long time with no problems but still, the majority of failures we read about are KB failures.

Kenne Bell

Established Member
I personally know just a small handful of people who have had KBs and have talked to a few others (who I don't personally know) who have had KBs. Some still do, some dont - but I can tell you that the impression I get is that more than half of them have had failures. I have no experience with KB support.

I've also spoken with local shop owners who insist that whipples last and KBs have a high failure rate. It seems like the shops that speak highly of KB are KB dealers - so that's a little biased, IMO.

I don't want to turn this into a bashing post - just posting my opinions. As an involved enthusiast, it's my observation and opinion that KBs are less reliable than whipples.

Sorta. The reason this item is always under dispute is because the power output is very similar between the same displacement blowers from whipple and KB. It comes down to a reliability issue....an issue that is more fact than opinion because it's been well documented. Many people have KBs and have had them for a long time with no problems but still, the majority of failures we read about are KB failures.

I would respectfully disagree with your “opinions” about the reliability of Kenne Bell superchargers. Particularly our new Big Bore 2.1,2.6,2.8 series.
We analyze any and all S/C failures or repairs sent in to us and keep records by serial number of every supercharger. After 3 years and thousands of the 2.1, 2.6, 2.8 sold there has been only one case of oil consumption that was not due to 1. Overfilling, 2. Overboost, 3. Defective/damaged bypass valve or lines. Kenne Bell defective superchargers are now less than .1% (1 per 1000 sold). The new positive displacement and their supercharger seals, bearings, gears and rotors are bullet proof as are the other Twin Screws and Eaton PROVIDED THEY ARE NOT ABUSED.
Since we were first to introduce the Twin Screw to the 5.0, 5.7, 7.5, 4.6, 5.4 and the 6.8 Ford car and truck engine families, these older 1.5, 1.7, 2.0, 2.2 and 2.4 Kenne Bell superchargers have been in operation longer and subject to abuse for 18 years on the street and race track and trucks.

Jfoster

Established Member
I would respectfully disagree with your “opinions” about the reliability of Kenne Bell superchargers. Particularly our new Big Bore 2.1,2.6,2.8 series.
We analyze any and all S/C failures or repairs sent in to us and keep records by serial number of every supercharger. After 3 years and thousands of the 2.1, 2.6, 2.8 sold there has been only one case of oil consumption that was not due to 1. Overfilling, 2. Overboost, 3. Defective/damaged bypass valve or lines. Kenne Bell defective superchargers are now less than .1% (1 per 1000 sold). The new positive displacement and their supercharger seals, bearings, gears and rotors are bullet proof as are the other Twin Screws and Eaton PROVIDED THEY ARE NOT ABUSED.
Since we were first to introduce the Twin Screw to the 5.0, 5.7, 7.5, 4.6, 5.4 and the 6.8 Ford car and truck engine families, these older 1.5, 1.7, 2.0, 2.2 and 2.4 Kenne Bell superchargers have been in operation longer and subject to abuse for 18 years on the street and race track and trucks.

I'm sure you disagree - I don't think anyone would expect you to side any differently.

I seriously doubt everyone with KBs are running theirs harder than people with whipples.

Now, I don't want to go down the whole list of reasons you say caused blower failures, but was not the blowers fault - but pretty much each of the reasons you've listed sound impossible to prove and easy to blame...I mean, how would you determine overfilling when the byproduct of the damaged blower is the fact that it shoots its oil al over the place? Actually, don't answer that - it's all very subjective and not something we can reasonably discuss.

In all fairness - I have little experience with your newer series of blowers, so all could be perfect. As a hobbyist, from both my personal experience and the general word on the street - the reputation of KB is that they make great power but have a record of blowing the seals.

Users who are viewing this thread