Whipple 2.9 time....oh yesss!

mach1033

Established Member
You do nice work:rockon: I'm getting the 2.9 myself come mid January. Like you I cant leave well enough alone lol.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Just about finished with mine, only had one sheet of 2000 grit so when i get to Houston i'll grab another package and really go to town on it, but right now i'm really impressed with the look and i can't wait to get it back on the KB! the purplish anodizing that comes stock is something i've always thought looked out of place, and this is the perfect compliment

post pics when ur done!

You do nice work:rockon: I'm getting the 2.9 myself come mid January. Like you I cant leave well enough alone lol.

thank you sir! we have a disease.... :rockon:

wow that looks amazing bro :bowdown:

thank u as well! :beer:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Nice work man

Thanks Bud!

looks soo good!

Thanks as well!

I'm still waiting on fabricating a bracket to hold my PCV catch can, route some PCV lines, etc etc. About to turn my fab guy on to modifying my strut tower brace as well.

Stay tuned, car will be running again within a couple of weeks. then the tuning starts.

Will most likely get to the dyno sometime in February. Be patient...it will be worth it!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
getting closer to my project being finished.

- All PCV lines have been routed for my PCV delete / catch can setup. Turned out great, will post pics when I get my catch can and catch can bracket I made back from powdercoating.

- Only pending thing is the strut tower brace. I ordered qty 2 tube clamp joints so as to make the STB center section removeable for easier access. I will be able to pull blowers on and off as need be, plus it will make tranny removal / clutch installation much easier with that center bar out (cant lean engine back very far due to blower / STB contact)

Camburg has these nifty little pieces!

Billet Tube Clamps | Camburg Engineering

FYI.....the maximum motorsports strut tower brace is 1" diameter with .120 wall thickness just in case any of you decide to go this route.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
got antsy today , wanted to get the engine bay finished. Went ahead and installed the MM STB as is....engine is all buttoned up, just waiting on a few more powdercoated parts. Should be done this weekend. Tuning will start weekend of 1/14

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
perhaps i missed it in this post but where did your radiator degas bottle go? i see you have a hose with some sort of billet plug.

how is this setup working? or is it just temp til you get the car totally back together?

forcefedcobra

Established Member
got antsy today , wanted to get the engine bay finished. Went ahead and installed the MM STB as is....engine is all buttoned up, just waiting on a few more powdercoated parts. Should be done this weekend. Tuning will start weekend of 1/14

cool. I've got a couple questions for you about some stuff. I'll call ya sometime.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
perhaps i missed it in this post but where did your radiator degas bottle go? i see you have a hose with some sort of billet plug.

how is this setup working? or is it just temp til you get the car totally back together?

I use my windshield washer reservoir as an overflow tank. I converted my system to a traditional cooling setup. Bypass hose is blocked off. Thermostat in upper rad hose. At entrance of radiator you can see me 16 psi pressure cap. My PCV catch can is getting mounted where the stock expansive tank normally is. Will post pics this weekend.

Super efficient cooling of the engine now.....very happy with the setup, just ALWAYS remember to put the pressure cap inbetween the radiator and thermostat, never between the engine and thermostat (I learned to hard way)

cool. I've got a couple questions for you about some stuff. I'll call ya sometime.

call me after 5 Brandon. It's my 1st day back at work......and I'm hurting!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
some pics of the progress. PCV delete done, just waiting on the bracket and catch can to get back from powdercoating. The PCV catch can will be mounted to my radiator cover in front of the power steering reservoir.

DSCN5045.jpg

DSCN5046.jpg

DSCN5048.jpg

DSCN5049.jpg

DSCN5047-1.jpg

Last edited:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Looks good bro! :rockon:

Now lets get it tuned. :burnout:

Thanks Kev.....should be all buttoned up this weekend....then its hold on to your panties time! :burnout:

man o man, that engine bay looks unbelievable!

Thanks bro, glad you approve! Wait till it is all officially finished....pics will be posted of course!

That looks awesome!:rockon:
Inspiration for my junk...

Glad you found inspiration in my POS build!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
awesome, anxiously awaiting the finally results!

haha way to go... you and kevin started a new trend with the snout polishing!! way to be:coolman:

yep, i was thinking the same thing earlier. polish one snout and it becomes a trend....im anxiously awaiting results too, i have a feeling this combo is going to make intense numbers, i wouldnt doubt that it might crack 800 rwhp

Users who are viewing this thread