Whipple 2.9 time....oh yesss!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
is there a certain can of Easy Off i need to be using? i used the can we had under the sink and it's not really doing much after using it twice. from the looks of your post, you just sprayed it on and after letting it sit you just wiped it down and it was bare metal.....

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
looks like i missed the part where you said "Heavy Duty"....ours is the blue can that's the fume-free and apparently not as strong.
I'll be picking up a can of the yella' this afternoon. i'll post up some pics of the progress, thanks for giving me another project that yields no horsepower and makes my fingertips raw......you and kevin are making me OCD!!!!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
status update:
- whipple 2.9 completely installed
- revised cooling system project complete.

3 more things left to do......
1. PCV catch can setup (get some parts tomorrow)
2. Run my new fuel line to fuel filter
3. Continue to figure out a way to modulate my MM STB (fabricator has part, coming up with options)

enjoy!! (sorry my camera sucks)

DSCN4973.jpg

DSCN4972.jpg

DSCN4971.jpg

DSCN4970.jpg

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
glad they helped you out Brandon! its coming together, made more progress this week than I originally thought I would :rockon:

no doubt! You'll have it running and fine tuned in no time:beer:

is the 90 coming out of the regulator your return line? I'll be talking to Jared tomorrow about pricing on his kit with AQP hose..........just to get an idea if I want to spend the time hunting fittings as I go or just use their setup......will all depend if any of the recent PM's for my 2.3 fall through or pan out.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
no doubt! You'll have it running and fine tuned in no time:beer:

is the 90 coming out of the regulator your return line? I'll be talking to Jared tomorrow about pricing on his kit with AQP hose..........just to get an idea if I want to spend the time hunting fittings as I go or just use their setup......will all depend if any of the recent PM's for my 2.3 fall through or pan out.

yes the 90 out of reg is return Brandon.

Looking good bro! :rockon:

Let me know what the fabricator comes up with on the STB.

We have been discussing a few ideas.....will have to wait till after Christmas before I can really dive into it.

Looks great. Nice work! Look forward to seeing your PCV setup

You can already see the fittings in the valve covers from pics above, just need to run line, and find a place to mount the catch can. Most likely will need to fab up a mounting bracket. Will know more when I receive the part today.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
cool. so you ran the return back down the driver side? You have any pics of how you routed everything under there? Sorry for all the questions bud. Just wanting to get a plan ready for when things start showing up!

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
What idlers are those? They look really shiny compared to most.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
status update:
- whipple 2.9 completely installed
- revised cooling system project complete.

3 more things left to do......
1. PCV catch can setup (get some parts tomorrow)
2. Run my new fuel line to fuel filter
3. Continue to figure out a way to modulate my MM STB (fabricator has part, coming up with options)

enjoy!! (sorry my camera sucks)

DSCN4973.jpg

DSCN4972.jpg

DSCN4971.jpg

DSCN4970.jpg

So it won't fit under the MM Whipple STB? :shrug:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
cool. so you ran the return back down the driver side? You have any pics of how you routed everything under there? Sorry for all the questions bud. Just wanting to get a plan ready for when things start showing up!

sorry no pics were taken. you just gotta find the path of least resistance. hard to explain until you are routing the hose yourself!

That looks amazing!

:beer:

What idlers are those? They look really shiny compared to most.

Metco dual ball bearing

So it won't fit under the MM Whipple STB? :shrug:

STB fits fine with 2.9. I am just sick and tired of taking the damn thing off all the time. by making it "modular", it will be much easier.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
sorry no pics were taken. you just gotta find the path of least resistance. hard to explain until you are routing the hose yourself!

:beer

STB fits fine with 2.9. I am just sick and tired of taking the damn thing off all the time. by making it "modular", it will be much easier.

quit jacking around with blowers and you wont have to take it on and off all the time:poke:

I'm sure it wont be hard to route. just figured I would ask. Thanks BB!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Just about finished with mine, only had one sheet of 2000 grit so when i get to Houston i'll grab another package and really go to town on it, but right now i'm really impressed with the look and i can't wait to get it back on the KB! the purplish anodizing that comes stock is something i've always thought looked out of place, and this is the perfect compliment

Users who are viewing this thread