Whipple 2.9 time....oh yesss!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
I'd rather have your Jeep than this piece :coolman:

Chris, my ole jeep cherokee is a true trooper. she is one rock solid old gal, almost 190K on the clock now. She is a keeper!

Awesome engine bay skaarew04svt. True work of art

Thanks....I have put alot of time, money, and effort into it. Im very happy with how it has all come out.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Soooo, dyno and tuning @ Clints this weekend?

I'll see if I can get some dyno time for you. They owe me you know.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member

damn bro i think ur more excited than i am! and yes Clint def owes you some time for your services. I doubt I'll be doing anything this weekend, however given the temperatures and potential boost this thing might make, I might need to tune on the dyno this time.....as i fear doing 3rd gear pulls on cold roads is a recipe for disaster.

I could always tweak it on the street as the roads warm up.....will discuss over the phone with you tomorrow.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
did you even have to ask me. Whipple 2.9 > wheels any day of the week. I'm rocking the 18" stockers and love them.....if I had cash puring outta my arse I would have wheels too, but in my case I dump it all into power mods :rockon:

yeah I knew where you would stand on that idea. I'll see what my feelings are once I get back from kansas city and get my fuel system installed.

We all owe you bro!

damn bro i think ur more excited than i am! and yes Clint def owes you some time for your services. I doubt I'll be doing anything this weekend, however given the temperatures and potential boost this thing might make, I might need to tune on the dyno this time.....as i fear doing 3rd gear pulls on cold roads is a recipe for disaster.

I could always tweak it on the street as the roads warm up.....will discuss over the phone with you tomorrow.

good idea for sure. that's partly why I'm not in a huge hurry to get everything done. Dont think I'll be going down to D&G to use the mustang dyno anytime soon.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I cant wait to see what numbers this thing puts down on e85. Congrats on an amazing setup.

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
Your motor makes me happy in my pants if you know what I'm saying Erik! Everything looks so good :rockon:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
hows the 2.9 sound :p

quiet as can be at idle.....im sure she will be a bit louder on the street / dyno :rockon:

I cant wait to see what numbers this thing puts down on e85. Congrats on an amazing setup.

i am curious as well.......we will see soon!

Your motor makes me happy in my pants if you know what I'm saying Erik! Everything looks so good :rockon:

I know the feeling :lol: thanks for the compliment.....

yfzkevin

Established Member
I hope you guys get this thing tuned this weekend and get some numbers. I am dieing to see how she does. I and doing a 9.5:1 motor and a 3.4 crusher on E85. So I cant wait to see what your car does, so I have a little better idea for my car. Good luck man, I wish you the best!!!!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
I hope you guys get this thing tuned this weekend and get some numbers. I am dieing to see how she does. I and doing a 9.5:1 motor and a 3.4 crusher on E85. So I cant wait to see what your car does, so I have a little better idea for my car. Good luck man, I wish you the best!!!!

i really dont think i will get it tuned this weekend......supposed to rain sat and sun, and i dont drive in the rain nor at wet roads. im sure your setup will make some awesome power as well.

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
Yeah this weather stinks. I don't know how some of you guys live where it snows so much. I'd go batty...er!!!!

GoatSlayer

Banned
Thanks....I have put alot of time, money, and effort into it. Im very happy with how it has all come out.

Thats definately a lot of hard work and elbow grease done in that engine bay.

What kind of hoses are those black hoses and where did you get them from?
What kind of catch can are using? Looks very clean:rockon:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Yeah this weather stinks. I don't know how some of you guys live where it snows so much. I'd go batty...er!!!!

and the weather continues to suck here.....

you need to paint your i/c res.....

not even gonna mess with it Tony.....the stock reservoir is only temporary anyway. I will be building a custom reservoir when time allows. Had a nice Pfab one before....but sold it. Who knows.....maybe ill build a tank for the trunk and ditch the reservoir like i did with the stock coolant degas tank.

what kind of paint do you use to paint that polyethyelene reservoir? I am curious as to what would work....

Thats definately a lot of hard work and elbow grease done in that engine bay.

What kind of hoses are those black hoses and where did you get them from?
What kind of catch can are using? Looks very clean:rockon:

That hose is Fragola 8000 pushlock hose. I have used it all across the board.....and it has been impervious to e85. This hose has been good to me, and I will be sticking with it. Got it from Summit

the catch can is a Moroso vacuum pump breather. Comes with filter, a nice T band clamp for mounting, all for $76 @ summit. Thanks for the compliments!

Last edited:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Any update on the tune? Just trying to check in on this beast of yours

havent even started messing with the tuning...been a bit hectic lately. However, the car is on the ground, all cleaned up and ready to start tuning. Perhaps this weekend tuning will start....weather pending obviously.

Car is driveable as it sits now....but obviously no WOT yet.

I have a mafia set on 2 at the moment, and I know I will need to set it on 3 for the amount of air this thing will be moving. Must rescale everything, yada yada, do STFTs, then on to WOT tuning

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread