Whipple 2.9 time....oh yesss!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I wanted to do a side by side comparison.....but the guy who got my old 2.3 blower got too anxious and installed it before we could do a side by side shot :bash:
:lol::lol:

I didn't feel like waiting until Spring to break in my clutch bro. Sorry.

There's really nothing to see anyway. It's just longer and the snout is shorter. (As you can see in the pics)

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Looks great (like chrome). What will you need to do to keep it looking that good once out in the 'elements' under the hood over time? Polish periodically?

My car doesn't see the elements so to speak. I would treat it the same as any polished metal. Regular polishing should be sufficient to keep it looking top notch. Make sure it is clean before you polish it though.....you dont want to scratch the metal by rubbing in dirt.

:lol::lol:

I didn't feel like waiting until Spring to break in my clutch bro. Sorry.

There's really nothing to see anyway. It's just longer and the snout is shorter. (As you can see in the pics)

I knew you would chime in here "that guy"..... and you are right, its the same casing basically, just longer, as well as the base plate being different. :beer:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
mounted blower to lower intake this afternoon. Fore rails fit perfect , same as the 2.3.

1. notice i have decided to delete my PCV system, and run a catch can setup. You can see the Moroso 3/8" NPT aluminum plug in back of blower where PCV normally feeds. Long story short.....there will never be a hint of oil in the lower intake manifold! (Unless I seriously grenade the Aluminator, but lets hope not)

2. 2.9 Whipple is much bigger than a 10 week old boxer pup!

DSCN4928.jpg

DSCN4929.jpg

DSCN4930.jpg

DSCN4931.jpg

DSCN4932.jpg

DSCN4933.jpg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That looks so awesme man!!! :beer: Good job on going with a catch can!! It's the only real solution to blow by on these cars :)

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
yesss I can't wait to see it!!! stoked for you bro. :beer:

its on, just havent tightened it down yet. been jacking with some cooling system tweaks all afternoon.

Thats a sweet blower!! I love the Boxer!!

thanks, its a great boxer blower combo

It's on. Where's the pics? :pop:

well it looks the same as when you left earlier.....havent done anything blower related this afternoon since you left

Last edited:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
alright here are a few pics......engine bay is still a mess....ill get blower bolted down tomorrow, runs lines, etc etc

DSCN4934.jpg

DSCN4937.jpg

DSCN4939.jpg

DSCN4935.jpg

Teej281

Established Member
Now where is that shiny as hell blower pulley at?! That blower fits PERFECT on the engine! I always thought the 2.3L looks a little small and the 3.4 and 4.0 were too big. This one looks just right!

Where does that story sound familiar from? lol

Users who are viewing this thread