Whipple 2.9 time....oh yesss!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
ok guys, got powdercoated parts back. finished PCV catch can setup....here are pics. tomorrow i will finish the rest of everything in the engine bay, install TB and intake, step back....and relax until tuning starts.

DSCN5050.jpg

DSCN5051.jpg

DSCN5052.jpg

DSCN5053.jpg

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I hate most chrome, but that is badass!!!!:rockon: I am all about the black out but that little bit of chrome makes it pop .,., great job

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
I hate most chrome, but that is badass!!!!:rockon: I am all about the black out but that little bit of chrome makes it pop .,., great job

i agree, but that's not chrome....that's about 8hrs of tedious sanding/polishing! just did the same to mine thanks to Erik starting a revolution

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
i agree, but that's not chrome....that's about 8hrs of tedious sanding/polishing! just did the same to mine thanks to Erik starting a revolution

correct Tony. everything in that engine bay is billet aluminum that has been "tended" to. the only piece of chrome is the Moroso catch can filter lid i t came that way

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member

I really just meant I am not a fan of polished anything.,. but it looks badass!!!!:bowdown: I don't have the patience for that :shrug:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
buttoned up the engine today. still need to add coolant, etc etc but mechanically the work is done. weather going to be bad the next few days.....tuning will probably start next weekend

DSCN5057.jpg

DSCN5058.jpg

DSCN5059.jpg

DSCN5062.jpg

DSCN5061.jpg

forcefedcobra

Established Member
looks good bro. thanks for texting me the start up vid. all my fuel stuff should be getting in soon and I hope to have time to atleast get it done when I get back form 3 weeks of training in KC..........just gotta get the 2.3 sold so I can get the 2.9 on the way but I could always wait to get my new wheels and use that money for a 2.9 and get new wheels when I sell the 2.3.........LOL! I know what your answer to that riddle will be.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
looks good bro. thanks for texting me the start up vid. all my fuel stuff should be getting in soon and I hope to have time to atleast get it done when I get back form 3 weeks of training in KC..........just gotta get the 2.3 sold so I can get the 2.9 on the way but I could always wait to get my new wheels and use that money for a 2.9 and get new wheels when I sell the 2.3.........LOL! I know what your answer to that riddle will be.

did you even have to ask me. Whipple 2.9 > wheels any day of the week. I'm rocking the 18" stockers and love them.....if I had cash puring outta my arse I would have wheels too, but in my case I dump it all into power mods :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread