Whipple 2.9 time....oh yesss!

04torchred

Established Member
nope does not include rails.

i already have fore rails and a weldon 2040 regulator. so if you were to build from scratch.....cost would be more. i should have said $2600 additional investment on my behalf......add rails and a regulator would get you to about 3200 or so

I believe I was right around that $2500-2600 range when I did my triple external walbros, glenns sumped tank, rails, regulator, lines and fittings, etc.

System looks like its going to be great Erik.

I just redid all my lines for this year. I am running a -10 Teflon feed line and on Kevin's recommendation the FC350 hose for my engine bay and return line. Hopefully I no longer have fuel weep.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea I understand why you do your own work that's for sure.. If it wasn't for AED my shop in CA I wouldn't trust anyone to touch it.. Only they get to touch it.. There are some before and after pics floating around on my car and it's gone from totally FUBARD to amazing lol..

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Hey Erik,
Is your intake system an amsoil filter EAAU4090 w/jlt vacuum molded cover, metco adapter, Stock Maf with MAFia, Stock tube and BF TB

Nadra

Bisquits and mustard
Established Member
Twin 88s , a powerglide, a solid, 200 shot of NOS, slicks, and a cage LOL!

Well, lots of people are curious to see what it does in the 1/4. Not sure how 'strict' the Motorplex is on Test n Tune days but if it's like Tulsa, you won't be joking around on the cage comment. 6-point, drive shaft loop, helmet, Nomex jacket and 5 point harness is probably in your future if you were to make a habit of drag racing....:rockon:

I drove my car over to Tulsa (2 hours rach way) on DR's and 275's up front. Cracked off an 11.14 @ 130 mph just playing around and they said see ya...don't come back without everything I just mentioned. Not like the good ole days in Tulsa where they didn't tech inspect you. Serious business there these days. There was a local guy there with a new GT500. KB 2.8, slicks, etc who would run it thru the 1000 feet and then just click it off so they won't boot him out. 11.99 and faster and you will need the safety equipment noted above. :beer:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Hey Erik,
Is your intake system an amsoil filter EAAU4090 w/jlt vacuum molded cover, metco adapter, Stock Maf with MAFia, Stock tube and BF TB

u have a a good eye and yes you would be correct down to the gnats ass.

Well, lots of people are curious to see what it does in the 1/4. Not sure how 'strict' the Motorplex is on Test n Tune days but if it's like Tulsa, you won't be joking around on the cage comment. 6-point, drive shaft loop, helmet, Nomex jacket and 5 point harness is probably in your future if you were to make a habit of drag racing....:rockon:

I drove my car over to Tulsa (2 hours rach way) on DR's and 275's up front. Cracked off an 11.14 @ 130 mph just playing around and they said see ya...don't come back without everything I just mentioned. Not like the good ole days in Tulsa where they didn't tech inspect you. Serious business there these days. There was a local guy there with a new GT500. KB 2.8, slicks, etc who would run it thru the 1000 feet and then just click it off so they won't boot him out. 11.99 and faster and you will need the safety equipment noted above. :beer:

very good information you mention. who says i was joking around with the twin 88s comment?? :rockon:

one day i will run it......however i am starting to get the itch to pull the block and degree the cams. my engine way is already stripped down.....wouldnt take long to yank it!

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
u have a a good eye and yes you would be correct down to the gnats ass.

very good information you mention. who says i was joking around with the twin 88s comment?? :rockon:

one day i will run it......however i am starting to get the itch to pull the block and degree the cams. my engine way is already stripped down.....wouldnt take long to yank it!

Dear god Erik! I wanted to know about the intake side because I am copying it.. I have never actually met you and you are still spending my money. 2.9L on the way :rockon:

Alex

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Dear god Erik! I wanted to know about the intake side because I am copying it.. I have never actually met you and you are still spending my money. 2.9L on the way :rockon:

Alex

Damn Alex.....dont let me be the reason your pockets dry up! FYI....I am open and receptive to receiving "donations" to keep the project alive here! :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'll donate a high five from far away.!!! HIGH FIVE!!!! lol Let me know when you recieve it ahaha.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
so i got my pump, filters, and some fittings today. the tank and cooler were supposed to ship from Glenns today. guess ill have it Wednesday next week.

some cell pics........need to mount the tank in 1st then decide as to where i will mount the pump/filter combo. Im sure ill have to fab up a bracket. Will be nice and clean when im done.

Photo-0702.jpg

Photo-0703.jpg

Last edited:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
So today i picked up the leak down equipment from a fellow member on this board. I know we have gotten off topic a bit lately with all the fuel activity going on, don't want to gloss over the fact that I still suspect something isnt right with my block after the recent low dyno numbers. I have been suspecting the passenger side cylinder.

so, i will perform the leak down prob tomorrow, and will decide what to do block wise after the results are in. The valvetrain noise I referenced a few pages back is definently coming from the passenger head....so i will pop off that valve cover for a further visual inspect as well.

Could be a timing chain issue.....i will find out. If you all recall, the car was about 10% off on power as to where it should have been. Could be how the factory cams were timed from the factory....perhaps they are off. We shall see.

stay tuned. if there is any issue, i highly suspect the passenger head. if thats the case, block will be pulled, and i will go thru the heads....and get the issue rectified.

Last edited:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
So whats she looking like mang?

couldnt get to it this weekend, didnt even open the garage.

i have no way of warming the car up being that its in pieces....not even sure how well it will hold pressure due to engine not being warm

04torchred

Established Member
Hey Erik,

check out the thread I started on the other site about bleeding down the lash adjusters. If you have a noise in the head it could be some lash adjusters that are bad. I suspect the new engine came with everything minus the intake right. My brother bought 32 new lash adjusters for his build and 3 were collasped and 5 were stiff as rocks and wouldn't bleed down. I had 9 total that were hard as rocks in my motor so I tossed them.

Just another idea to look at if you pull the cam cover just pull those out and bleed them down in a vice.

Pump looks real good man that bitch is going to move some fluid :beer:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Hey Erik,

check out the thread I started on the other site about bleeding down the lash adjusters. If you have a noise in the head it could be some lash adjusters that are bad. I suspect the new engine came with everything minus the intake right. My brother bought 32 new lash adjusters for his build and 3 were collasped and 5 were stiff as rocks and wouldn't bleed down. I had 9 total that were hard as rocks in my motor so I tossed them.

Just another idea to look at if you pull the cam cover just pull those out and bleed them down in a vice.

Already checked it (your thread) out Schyler.....and i feel as if my problem might be the lash adjusters. yes, the engine was a near complete longblock. all i did was swap valve covers and timing chain cover.

i havent had time to F with the car.....but before i pull the block, i will check the lash adjusters.

the car sounds perfect at idle.....it is just part throttle acceleration where i hear the valvetrain noise. thanks for the tip! :beer:

Last edited:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
fyi. glenns sumped tank and fuel cooler will be here tomorrow! will take pics of the goods, inside and out, for all you guys viewing pleasure!

nooner

Established Member
Hey Erik,

What thread on what other site? I have 32 new lash adjusters for my engine. Do I need to tell my builder to bleed down the adjusters to check them? :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread