Whipple 2.9 time....oh yesss!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
yeah this thread has turned into much more than just the 2.9 topic.

I think i need to get a moderator to change the name of this thread from "2.9 whipple.....oh yesss" to " Everything you ever wanted to know about tearing down a perfectly good cobra" or "how to drop every last penny to modify a perfectly good cobra"
I like this idea ;-)

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
ok, so today I officially ordered the following:

Magnafuel Prostar SQ EFI Fuel Pump MP-4101 Got it for $699 plus 12$ shipping from Star Performance.....cheapest place on the web for this pump.

Will have it Thursday!

Teej281

Established Member
Good choice! A friend of mine is a dealer for magnafuel and the more I read, the more I'm thinking of trying to find a quiet external setup for my car. And magnafuel seems to have some reasonably quiet pumps from what I've been reading. You'll have to let us know what you think when you put it in and get her running again.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Good choice! A friend of mine is a dealer for magnafuel and the more I read, the more I'm thinking of trying to find a quiet external setup for my car. And magnafuel seems to have some reasonably quiet pumps from what I've been reading. You'll have to let us know what you think when you put it in and get her running again.

good to hear some more positive feedback on the Magnafuels....in my research seems like a great pump. Not sure i like the color scheme though! It doesnt come with fittings so i opted to get black fittings.

magnafuel.jpg

If you dont mind me asking.. what did the whole awesome tank setup cost?

The tank setup costs:

- Glenns sumped with -12 feed / -10 return $439
: I wanted Stainless Steel so that added another $ 100
- Tank cover (gloss black pre-cut for the sump) $110
- Stainless steel tank straps $80 or so
- Fuel cooler (not the kit, just cooler) $121

However, when all is said and done, this fuel system is gonna cost some $$. Still gotta get injectors, more fittings, etc etc. Not a cheap project

Last edited:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
if anyone knows someone that wants a stock 04 cobra fuel tank, send them my way!

$200 takes it. Throw in another $ 100 and i will have it powdercoated (externally only of course) any color

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
if anyone knows someone that wants a stock 04 cobra fuel tank, send them my way!

$200 takes it. Throw in another $ 100 and i will have it powdercoated (externally only of course) any color

I've been trying to find just a tank for awhile now, unfortunately money is a bit tight. I'll give you a shout if I can make some cash.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Eeek dude.. Sounds expensive. I love the look of a sumped tank though. Not sure what I wanna do.

yeah its expensive.....will have around $2000 in it when all is said and done. Tank, pump, cooler, filters, and fittings. maybe even a hair more depending on how "fancy" i get. I already sold the rest of my fuel system and injectors, so that took care of 40% of the cost. if i can sell this fuel tank, that will help too. my plan is to do this sytem, and leave it be. It's gonna be robust, efficient, and I'm doing everything i want to do (fuel system wise) all at once.

*** edit **** forgot to add cost of injectors too DOH! add another $600 to that 2000

Last edited:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
I've been trying to find just a tank for awhile now, unfortunately money is a bit tight. I'll give you a shout if I can make some cash.

works for me bro. I see you are in OKC....definently would prefer not to ship. could meet you half way. PM me if you get serious about it.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Does the 2k count the rails and all that jazz? Because I was loooking at LPs triple pump system and it is right at 2k

nope does not include rails.

i already have fore rails and a weldon 2040 regulator. so if you were to build from scratch.....cost would be more. i should have said $2600 additional investment on my behalf......add rails and a regulator would get you to about 3200 or so

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
nope does not include rails.

i already have fore rails and a weldon 2040 regulator. so if you were to build from scratch.....cost would be more. i should have said $2600 additional investment on my behalf......add rails and a regulator would get you to about 3200 or so

Yikes! Gotta pay to play.. I dig it!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Good god..great setup man!! I kinda wish I went with a Magnafuel pump to be honest.. but that A1000 is on tough pump.. Please don't be the guy that builds the car to the fullest extent and sells it lol.. As for the fuel system I'm not sure how much I have in my mine but it's up in the 2k range for sure.. Not including the 900 to install, which I wish I could have been able to do on my own but I didn't have a place to. :(

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Good god..great setup man!! I kinda wish I went with a Magnafuel pump to be honest.. but that A1000 is on tough pump.. Please don't be the guy that builds the car to the fullest extent and sells it lol.. As for the fuel system I'm not sure how much I have in my mine but it's up in the 2k range for sure.. Not including the 900 to install, which I wish I could have been able to do on my own but I didn't have a place to. :(

I couldnt afford all this modding if i paid someone to do it. Plus i know when i do the labor, its done right. no offense....but i have seen what shops do! No one touches the beast but me :rockon:

good god this thread is long... I love it though!

yeah this thread has turned into quite the read.....

Yea, I'm loving this thread. I have learned a shit ton since this thread started.

awesome!!

What's next Erik?

Twin 88s , a powerglide, a solid, 200 shot of NOS, slicks, and a cage LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread