Which of these 3 catbacks do you think is the best?

Which of these 3 catbacks do you think is the best?

• SLP Louth Mouth

Votes: 119 16.3%
  • Bassani

Votes: 260 35.6%
  • Borla Stinger

Votes: 351 48.1%

• Total voters

myFordPerformance

Established Member
palehorse said:
What if I don't want loud? What is quietest exhaust that still provides a decent/average hp increase??

Magnaflow. They make good "street" performance kits. Lifetime warranty, 100% stainless as well.

To Funny :
xxx-movie.jpg

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
maybe I am just going deaf but the stings just dont sound that loud to me. I want to make old people have a heart attach when I drive by and children to run in fear.

bmxer53087

Who Knows...?
Established Member
Borla Stingers, for sound and looks. Those 4" rolled tips are mean looking. IMO!

V3NOM3S

Established Member
Bassani All The Way..

Bassani All The Way.... Sounds like no other...

SOCAL.......... V3NOM3S................... :nonono:

The Good

Established Member
JUST GOT THE KOOKS HEADERS AND JDM H-PIPE with Cats. My new is exhaust is now KOOKS headers, JDM h-pipe w/cats, and borla stingers. All I have say WOW. Even my dad is a little nervous about sound laws. I went to the shop and he drove the cobra and I was behind him in the van and mannnnnnnnnnnn is it cool. I mean IT IS LOUD. Sounds quiet at idle and like the stinger but with more bass, with no boost but once the whipple kicks in it is crazy. Also I had to go get dinner and my dad was on the front deck a he said he can hear loud and clear on the main roads at WOT where with the stingers we were a ghost's wisper.

Damascus Cobra

2003 RedFire Convertible
Established Member
stupid question...

...why are they called "stingers"? borla calls the system "aggressive". i gotta know!

DesertStang

Race Desert
Established Member
I like the SLP sound, but on a lot of Cobra's theyu tend to have too much crackle/drone. The Bassani probably sounds the best overall, but my Cobra has the Loudmouth and sounds great.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Damascus Cobra said:
...why are they called "stingers"? borla calls the system "aggressive". i gotta know!

it's a good system, great quality and aggressive sound. but i think "stingers" is an accurate name because the drone it has sounds like an insect's buzz to me. it is more high pitched than some other systems, but it's hard to explain because it's also a deep sound at the same time. but i think that flowmaster or mac systems have more of that classic musclecar sound.

i haven't been at all disappointed with them and would recommend them to anyone.

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
palehorse said:
What if I don't want loud? What is quietest exhaust that still provides a decent/average hp increase??
Steeda/Borla 14858 (they are the same, just sold under 2 different names but the Borla one comes with better tips).

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
I just installed the Bassani cat back and love it. I also have two friends with the Borla Stingers and love it as well. For me its a toss up. But I do give the edge to Borla for their 4" rolled tips. They finish off the rear end of the car better than any exhaust sytem I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread