Which of these 3 catbacks do you think is the best?

Which of these 3 catbacks do you think is the best?

• SLP Louth Mouth

Votes: 119 16.3%
  • Bassani

Votes: 260 35.6%
  • Borla Stinger

Votes: 351 48.1%

• Total voters

cobraracer46

Banned
In my opinion, I think the stingers, Bassani have to low of a tone for my taste. On my Cobra, I have long tubes, an off road x pipe, a stock cat back and the sound out of the pipes have a much higher pitched sound that is mean as hell at wide open throttle. I'm looking into the Ford racing Cobra ( not the FR500) cat back set up and I hope to install it soon.:rolling:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
What can I say it came with the car put on 9/02. bassani x/or and catback ss. Removed easily and put back on easily. Only other 03 exh. here has bassani full also, plus bassani hdrs. Louder it is no leaks, and x sound if u like that.

gatzer

Established Member
SLP Loudmouth = Borla Stingers

I have the SLP Loudmouth and x-pipe.
I have seen and heard the Stingers with an x-pipe.
They look and sound identical. The only difference is the price.

akaeric

Established Member
I have and like Megnaflows the next would be stingers I kie the deep tone and the true sound of a V-8 to me coming from a history of owning old muscle cars the sound is breaded in me I guess.

davidmax

Established Member
We sell Stingers 5:1 over all others and the price is great.
480-517-4969 XTREME M.S.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
voted stingers. I just put mine on today. They look good and sound great.

HONBOY1

Established Member
I had a bassani and didn't care for the roar. My stinger has a bit more rumble which puts it in a class of it's own. I vote for the stinger. I have yet to hear the slp, but doubt it sounds as good as the borla.

shawnsvtcobra

Established Member
Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if borla makes a 3 inch catback stinger kit for a 98 cobra, any one chime in here thanks.

venemous99cobra

Established Member
i am not sure whether i like the stingers i have now or the bassani that i had better, but you can't go wrong with either...i really bought the stingers to go with a Mac Prochamber, while the Bassani was to go with the Bassani catted X, so i guess i will need to see what i think of the stingers with the prochamber bc right now it is with the x pipe and it sounds a little too racy for me...i want it to be deeper or something...i can't really describe it, lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wish you had added the Steeda catback to the list. I had that and the Magnaflow catback and thought the Steeda had the best balance of loudness (not too much but not quiet either) and performance.

Users who are viewing this thread