When would you start getting worried?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
any news???

like cobrabob said, ebayers are usually very helpful when it comes to stuff like this, so i'd let them know you got scammed, and you will probably find them more than helpful--unless some of them are buddies with this guy and were just trying to up his rating

Red Shift

2.6 + 4.6=GAWDAMN!!
Established Member
danny03cobra said:
dude, the same thing happened to me on ebay with an accufab tb. never received it and will not reply to email. I remember seeing that blower on ebay, theres one guy on there right now selling a polished KB for 3000 with 1 feedback. I would not give the dude 3k with feedback like that.
\

That's Godstangs

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Red Shift said:
\

That's Godstangs
And herein lies a big problem with eBay and big money items. Actually it presents a problem for the bidder. I'd buy ANYTHING from Godstang because I know his reputation right here, but without knowing it was him that low feedback rating could end up being a red flag and folks might miss a great opportunity to get a quality product at a good price. It also shows that there are great, standup sellers on eBay with low feedback ratings either because they are new members or because they don't buy/sell often. I guess you just have to use common sense when considering a big money purchase. Like maybe requesting (before you bid) the seller's phone number to ask questions vs. sending an email through eBay's system. Maybe even a verifiable home address vs. trusting that what was given eBay is valid. Just two thoughts which would better protect the buyer.

CbraSvt01

Banned
Supposedly MSNBC just did a report on internet scammers, they tracked people down etc etc. My buddy even told me there was a part in the show where the actually brought the scammer into the same room with the victim.

I would kick that shit stain in the balls if they did that....maybe i should contact them.

514SCJ

93 Cobra #4440
Established Member
CbraSvt01 said:
Supposedly MSNBC just did a report on internet scammers, they tracked people down etc etc. My buddy even told me there was a part in the show where the actually brought the scammer into the same room with the victim.

I would kick that shit stain in the balls if they did that....maybe i should contact them.
Do it! You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. I just want to see this POS taken down one way or another!!!

MJR_TRBL

Established Member
Sorry about your purchase gone bad. I had a similar problem but I was the seller. Just some info for you to digest, paypal is not safe either. I sold a laptop for 1300 dollars on ebay to a guy in Nebraska he paid me with paypal. he said he needed it soon because his kid was going to college over the weekend. the payment went through for the laptop and 2 day shipping. I mailed it off and unfortunately left to go down to florida for 2 weeks. Any way 4 days later when I checked the paypal to withdraw funds they said that the transaction was reversed because the funds were bad and I was not protected because I was not a bussiness member. Anyway from that day forward I always wait for 3 days after payment is confirmed before I ship.

Don't ship overseas either I have heard similar horror stories.

Hope everything works out for you keep us updated.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
514SCJ said:
Do it! You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. I just want to see this POS taken down one way or another!!!
I agree. Wouldn't hurt at all to contact them. See where it goes.

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
Dang I just read this whole thread. I feel your pain man I got ripped off for 500 bucks awhile ago on ebay, eventhough that's chump change to yours. If there was anything I could do to help I would. It is pretty neat to see all the members help a brother out like this. Hope it all turns out good man.

spray175

Established Member
Wow i just read all this and I was actually bidding on this too. I was watching it in MY Ebay and i checked it the night before the auction ended and he ended it early. Sorry man. Wish i was closer to NY. Id go get your blower. Let us know what happens.

Actually just saw its in New Jersey not New York. Ill see how far that is from me.

Last edited:

cyac5l8trfcar

Cubs>Sox
Established Member
wow, i just read through this whole thing and cannot believe some one would do that, let alone send you an eaton! I bought my procharger through ebay in the same fashion ( money order) and had 0 problems. I hope that ass hat get's what's coming to him.

CbraSvt01

Banned
No updates guys, Im really at a loss on what to do. The phone numbers are obviously untraceable, he dosnt answer any of his emails...he just reads them and never replies. I filed a police report with my PD but nobody ever contacted me. I filed a report with ic3.gov....same story with those guys, no response. I thought I had something going when that New Jersey po said he would help me out, but i havent heard from him in a couple weeks.

I will sadly say that ever since this happened I get sick just looking at my cobra. I realize it was my fault this happened, but for some reason I suddenly lost all interest in my car. I guess I had such high expectations for it in the upcoming weeks and it was suddenly haulted once all this bs happened. The car just stays covered in the garage rotting...just wasting money. Oddly enough that piece of shit eaton is still sitting in that f*cked up box right next to the car in the garage.

I guess ill chalk this one up as a learning experience, I have no way to catch this guy....all i have is a some fake phone numbers and a post office box that he probably dosnt even have anymore. For all i know that New Jersey address could be him, but theres no sense in going there and kicking someones ass that could be the wrong guy. Anyways, as of 2 days ago the car is for sale, its time to get rid of this thing...i have to move on, save some cash, and in the future be more responsible with my money. If anyone is interested in a new 10th anniversary shoot me a PM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread