When would you start getting worried?

TRiedy

wish i was back in FL!
Established Member
damn.. sorry to hear youre putting it up. definitely sucks that you dont really have anything to go on with this guy. i know everyone here was pulling for ya.

800 miles?? shes barely broken in! ive already got a 10th anny lined up for when i get back from iraq, but i didnt i would definitely consider yours. good luck with the sale man.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
CbraSvt01 said:
I will sadly say that ever since this happened I get sick just looking at my cobra. I realize it was my fault this happened, but for some reason I suddenly lost all interest in my car. I guess I had such high expectations for it in the upcoming weeks and it was suddenly haulted once all this bs happened. The car just stays covered in the garage rotting...just wasting money. Oddly enough that piece of shit eaton is still sitting in that f*cked up box right next to the car in the garage.

I guess ill chalk this one up as a learning experience, I have no way to catch this guy....all i have is a some fake phone numbers and a post office box that he probably dosnt even have anymore. For all i know that New Jersey address could be him, but theres no sense in going there and kicking someones ass that could be the wrong guy. Anyways, as of 2 days ago the car is for sale, its time to get rid of this thing...i have to move on, save some cash, and in the future be more responsible with my money. If anyone is interested in a new 10th anniversary shoot me a PM.

Here's what you need to do now: Take down that for sale sign. Now! If you sell an 800 mile 10th ann. cobra you will kick yourself forever and I might just drive down to Okie to kick you too. I sold my sonic blue, regretted it every damn day, and am actually in the works for buying my #528 back. You lost some money on this deal and it was a bad, bad way to get worked. That's not the car's fault though so don't take it out on her. Money comes and money goes...its just a tool to grease the wheels of life so to speak. Fact is, you can get up and go to work tomorrow and make more money and have some hundred dollar bills that are exactly like the ones you lost. You cannot, however, let that car go and expect to EVER, EVER find one with 800 miles on it again. It won't happen.
Best of luck with everything, and don't sell that car!:beer:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
There's something wrong in this world when I guy gets damn near three thousand dollars stolen from him and there isn't a single law enforcement agency in the country who will help him out. Dead wrong. Here's what I would do. Contact every single law enforcement department you have talked to. Go up the chain of command until you find someone who will be as concerned about this as you are. Let them know your dissatisfaction at the way your case is being handled. If you can't find anyone who will take an interest in this, go to your local media and let them know how it's being handled. Contact your local congressman and tell them about it. Believe me, you will find someone who will take an interest in this.

No friggin' wonder these crooks exist. Nobody will do anything to stop them!!

At this point, I would probably tell the FBI that the guy could be a terrorist trying to raise funds. That would get their attention. Nah...I wouldn't do that. But it seems that's about all that gets looked at anymore.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
FireRed04Vert said:
There's something wrong in this world when I guy gets damn near three thousand dollars stolen from him and there isn't a single law enforcement agency in the country who will help him out. Dead wrong. Here's what I would do. Contact every single law enforcement department you have talked to. Go up the chain of command until you find someone who will be as concerned about this as you are. Let them know your dissatisfaction at the way your case is being handled. If you can't find anyone who will take an interest in this, go to your local media and let them know how it's being handled. Contact your local congressman and tell them about it. Believe me, you will find someone who will take an interest in this.

No friggin' wonder these crooks exist. Nobody will do anything to stop them!!

At this point, I would probably tell the FBI that the guy could be a terrorist trying to raise funds. That would get their attention. Nah...I wouldn't do that. But it seems that's about all that gets looked at anymore.
EXCELLENT advice. I hope he follows it before selling the car.

CbraSVT01, selling should be an absolute LAST resort, and only if your financial situation or personal driving needs warrant it. I would not sell it just because you lost $3,000. Because if you let the car go and you soon thereafter want it back, you'll get stung again. Take some time to think this out. You're justifiably emotional about this whole tragic event but I just know in the end things will work out for ya. Please definitely take FireRed04Vert's advice. Persistence and patience will pay off. Just wait and see! Crooks like this HAVE to get caught or they'll keep on ripping people off.

I know of a case once where someone ripped off a diecast collector friend who was a member of the largest Internet diecast forum. About 100 forum members emailed this crook (many were outright threats) and the guy caved in and refunded the money. Quite honestly the emails and threats shook him up big time. He probably went right out and ripped off someone else, but my point is that persistence at least got the guy's money back. But in this case, due to the large amount of money, this guy has GOT to be prosecuted.

On a side note, it ticks me off that in this country someone can harm an animal and get instantly investigated and prosecuted (I'm against animal cruelty, by the way) but someone get's robbed of $3,000. (along with other victims of the same crook) and it's not worth the time to for the authorities to investigate it.

I have a friend who is a cop in Danbury. I'm going to mention this to him tonight when I see him and see if he has any suggestions.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Sadly, local law enforcement must be overwhelmed with all the internet crooks and scammers out there. I can't look at cars on eBay for more than 5 minutes before I come across an obvious scammer.

This story won't help you get your money back, but maybe it will put your loss into perspective....

Someone has been running a business for the last couple of years building Eleanor replica Mustangs. You could specify exactly what you want and this guy would build it to your specs (see ad below).

pearson.jpg

The cars ranged from $60K-$80K each. The business took deposits from 20+ customers in the last year. A $30K deposit was required on each $60K car. One guy ordered TWO cars so his deposit was a whopping $60,000.

The person running this business took in over $600,000 in one year...yet only one or two cars were actually produced. After a short time, the guy couldn't keep up with orders and his deadlines slipped. Unfortunately, he continued to take orders AND accept deposits, while at the same time telling customers that everything was fine. Of course, that was IF a customer could track the guy down. Once he had your deposit money, he never answered his phone or responded to email messages.

Eventually the busiuness was sued for a refund...but the owner stated he was suddenly broke!!! The next thing all his customers find out is that he filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Now there are 20 people who put up $30,000 each and have absolutely NOTHING to show for it. The bankrupty process is still on-going, and he is being investigated by the police, IRS, private detectives, personal attorneys, etc...but even the prosecutor's office said it's not a slam dunk the guy committed fraud. :(

So I know it's tough for you, but think of these guys who were ripped off 10 or 20 times what you were! I know one of these people personally and it's not pleasant to come to the realization that you may have flushed $30K down the toilet...and it's not clear you can do anything about it.

There are others out there who share your frustration.

Read the whole story here: http://www.mustangforums.com/m_1351551/tm.htm

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sad thing is that people like this who file bankrupcy can open up another business in the future! And continue to borderline commit fraud. :-(

dougwg

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Sad thing is that people like this who file bankrupcy can open up another business in the future! And continue to borderline commit fraud. :-(

or just change their name and move to another state

it is a shame

loudpipes

Cheating Death Since '81
Established Member
DO NOT SELL THAT CAR!!

I'm the kind of guy who gets pissed when I get short changed at the grocery store, so I can barely begin to imagine what an emotional state you're in. TAKE ACTION! I know it sounds gay, but if you do nothing, this vile piece of trash wins! And he's going to rip someone else off.

Contact the media. Here in Vegas we have "Channel 13". They do the investigative reporting, exposing crooks, getting money back, etc etc. God knows if there were ever someone with a flag to wave, it'd be the media. There has to be something similar in OK. I'm sure they would love to hear how the local government is failing you and essentially telling you to deal with it.

FRAUD IS FRAUD. Don't back down! Let's string this SOB up! :cuss:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
dougwg said:
or just change their name and move to another state

it is a shame
Doug, I'd prefer that you don't quote my comments and use them as a springboard to an issue you have with another vendor. Thanks.

dougwg

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Doug, I'd prefer that you don't quote my comments and use them as a springboard to an issue you have with another vendor. Thanks.

I was talking about Modular Madness.... you remember.... Don, the guy that screwed over Racerat.....

Here is YOUR post in that thread
CobraBob said:
Tracy, OMG! I can't believe that list. I mean, it's so bad that either someone messed with the car in transit or they gave you the worse bit of work in history. Man! Did the transport from NC to TX take any longer than expected? Any excessive miles on the odometer? If not, I'd get myself a lawyer and go after them. You've already started to document the issues, along with pictures. Continue that process and get HPP to provide written documentation as to any issues they found, what they diagnose happened and what they did to correct it. It seems pretty clear to me that you have a good lawsuit here. JMO.

Trace.......it can only get better at this point! I'll be praying for ya!

And a link to the thread
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193977&highlight=modular+madness

If you have an issue with me, the proper,professional and respectfull thing to do would have been to PM me. Not call me out in a thread.

If you don't want me to quote you... don't post :shrug:

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
CobraBob said:

you're off my Christmas card list now, Bob :poke:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i agree to post this in the donut shop and see what advice you can get.

and also, do not sell the car. as stated before, money comes and goes, but you will regret selling the car if you go that route--that much, i can assure you.

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
CbraSvt01 said:
Dosnt ebay have any of his information. Technically I was the second highest bidder on that auction. I was outbid at the last second....he then emailed me and said the winner backed out and if you want its yours.

Do you think ebay would protect me? Is there a number to call?

I'm sorry for your loss dude, but man, I think you're a little gullible here. The highest bidder was most definitely him using another account, trying to drive the price up as high as possible. For him to contact you right after and claimed the high bidder backed off, would've been a sure sign to me that something was up right from the beginning.

grey trmn8r

Established Member
I dont know how private detective work but I'm sure you could call and work a deal with someone in that area. Call a detective or possible post a reward. I would think if you offer up say $500.00 someone could find this guy and turn him in or give you info. I know it sucks but I'm not ready to hear you give up.

Users who are viewing this thread