What's your "Perks of the job"?

verbal

Established Member
My wife has some good ones including paid travel for your immediate family on all work trips. She works at an industrial supply warehouse and gets everything at cost. It is like having my own home improvement store at cost.

I get a lot of supplier discounts especially with auto manufacturers, work from home, free phone, free lunch at the office...

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
The best perk at my last hotel was getting paid to look at half naked women all day. Being a hotel on the beach, women were hardly ever wearing clothes and had no problem with you looking

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I get a paycheck if I show up. Work at least 40-60hrs a week in the office then
On call 24/7 365. Work for two companies with locations across Kansas and Colorado. Sometimes I'll have to drive to a site to fix a problem at a moments notice. Some sites are 9+hrs away by car.
No vacation, not many holidays (none paid). Keeps me busy, can't complain too much as I'm usually "off" on weekends aside from calls.

Sent from my Note9

Last edited:

VegasMichael

Established Member
I suppose I could add that I am given an exorbitant number of sick days and personal days. They carry over too. Which means I keep them if I don't use them. To date: I have 275 sick days and 5 personal days on the books. I can sell them back when I retire or just take them and work nil for three years..

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Company car and gas, unlimited personal use, and my wife has the OK from the company to drive it, and use the gas card, too. Benefits, retirement, all through the roof. Great pay. Unmatched training in one of three places: North Carolina, Germany or Shanghai, China. It's a toss up as to which place you will be sent, but training usually happens twice a year, and it will be in one of those three places. And you can bring your spouse! Unlimited overtime, all I can handle and they never complain, don't even bat an eye. Their only question is: How much more overtime are you willing to do? And once you are in, they almost never fire or lay off anyone.

Downside: Never ending overtime. Forget anything like a regularly scheduled work time. And their only question is: How much more overtime are you willing to do? But, pretty much, that's a feature in any of the medical repair gigs.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Company car and gas, unlimited personal use, and my wife has the OK from the company to drive it, and use the gas card, too. Benefits, retirement, all through the roof. Great pay. Unmatched training in one of three places: North Carolina, Germany or Shanghai, China. It's a toss up as to which place you will be sent, but training usually happens twice a year, and it will be in one of those three places. And you can bring your spouse! Unlimited overtime, all I can handle and they never complain, don't even bat an eye. Their only question is: How much more overtime are you willing to do? And once you are in, they almost never fire or lay off anyone.

Downside: Never ending overtime. Forget anything like a regularly scheduled work time. And their only question is: How much more overtime are you willing to do? But, pretty much, that's a feature in any of the medical repair gigs.

I thought you worked in aerospace and wrote books

4stang6

Established Member
I am a Mechanic for a fleet of Vehicles, And the ONLY Mechanic, So I am basically my own boss .
I work for a Telephone/Internet/Alarm Company

Previously came to work with several Snap on,Matco, Cornwell tools,and active debts, But my new employer paid off all my accounts.

They purchased me a brand new 12k lb lift, That I can also use for personal use any time I please.

I have a great Pension building they invest 18% to my 6%

100% paid Medical,Dental,Vision insurance
Once I retire, They will confirm to cover me and my family until we are deceased

Company truck, with fuel card WITH covered parking attached to my shop

Sick days and PTO days that do roll over yearly

Can leave during anytime of the day to attend and activities of my children (They encourage family time)

Any holidays off all paid

Start out making 80K a year!

Paid cell phone bill

Get highest speed fiber(1Gig) for half the price of the lowest package ($24.99)

Same with my alarm system they provide on my home

Get to work around roughly 10-12 of my high school friends Hahaha

Xmas Bonus

Optional overtime

That's pretty much about it ..........

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Company vehicle and gas card that I can use for vacations if I want, company CC for hotels and food while working, hotel rewards for personal use thanks to work, flexible schedule, I work on my own , no boss hovering. Company provides laptop, iPhone, and iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Mr Snover reminded me of a few in addition to these.

Wife is authorized to drive my work vehicle. I get a new vehicle every 65000 miles. A few FSEs are chosen each year for a company paid trip to the President’s Club in Mexico. Any training we have is in Southern California. Lots of OT available so lots of money to be made.

Repairing medical equipment is a good field.

I post golden memes using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blubyu87gt

Established Member
When subordinates do something that makes me angry I can make them do dumb shit. Like clean the Motorpool in the rain with the mop of shame (10" BBQ mop).

The little things in life

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CV355

_
Established Member
My last day at my now-previous job was Friday. The biggest perks there (until they lost their soul to bureaucracy) were using the shop after hours for personal projects, and the ability to dumpster-dive for expensive materials that were thrown away. In 2017 I nabbed enough scrap diamond plate to line all of the trim in our garages at home. They also used to let employees purchase items from existing vendors with a massive discount, but that got scrapped when managers of manager management managers decided to axe it. The company exploded in size in 2015 and the place became a paper-pushing bean-counting mess and all of the perks went away.

My new job starts tomorrow. The biggest perk is that I negotiated being able to work from home 4 days a week to keep my stress levels down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread