Established Member
Premium Member
I **** the secretary.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
i-like-your-style-gif-5.gif

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I work 9/80's, so I get every other Friday off. Works out to over 20 extra days off a year. Many weeks I can parlay into long weekends.

1996slowbra

Established Member
I get Fridays off.

I dont have them off but I work from home on Fridays, and Fridays are basically half days so I essentially do a 9-12 sort of thing and then put the computer away and only respond if I get asked a direct question.

Unlimited PTO pending manager approval.

Gigantic company with a bunch of vendor discounts.

200$ a month commuter re reimbursement

Unlimited sick and family time (ties into PTO).

3 months paid family leave (maternity paternity)

Get to travel abroad 1-2 times a quarter, will usually take time and do some personal travel if im somewhere interesting.

Short commute where I dont have to drive (bay area).

Actually get to do something I enjoy.

They give me moneys.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I work from home most Mondays and Friday afternoons. I have a big salary and solid bonuses and stock given to me. With any luck, I'm quitting the job this week. :rolleyes:

lilcoop03

Established Member
Salary-plus compensation

Excellent catered lunches several times a month

Company paid for most of my ME Degree

Occasional international travel ( last time I basically got an all expenses paid 5 day vacation to Amsterdam and only had to do about a half day of actual work while there )

Boss is laid back and at a Director level so he's only even here a handful of days a month

Nice office with nice view

375 foot tall extrusion tower offers the best views in the entire state on nice days like today, and its only an elevator ride away

Come and go as I please as long as I'm not ridiculous about it

D1984

Whining
Established Member
We've all heard the line "perks of the job", but what are your personal perks of your job? I'm not talking health insurance or things like that, but what are some perks in your job/industry that the average consumer would not get? Freebies, company cars, first in line for new products or information etc.

I'll start, I'm in the automotive industry at the dealership level. Not too many perks for me but I do get to see new vehicles before they are for sale, our reps bring the new models by for us to check out and learn features about a month or 2 before they actually show up for sale. I also get parts at cost plus 10%, discounted labor, discounted cars etc. My job is 100% commission so although I'm scheduled 5 days a week I can work as many hours/days as I want with no cap on how much I can make. I consider that a perk, if there is a week I need to make more I just work more, no questions asked. Occasionally I get to take new or almost new cars home but that is rare. We get a lot of random freebies, shoes yearly, I've gotten a leaf blower, pressure washer, Tiffany co jewelry and gift card (for the wife), auto show tickets, restaurant gift cards, more yeti products than I know what to do with, cash, etc.

I'm a sales manager at a Nissan dealership and even I don't get all that free stuff, damn. Except the Warriors courtside tickets the owner gave me for Christmas. I do hope I get to go to the GTR ride and drive when the new one comes out though, if they have one. The labor discounts are great though. We have a Ford dealership in the auto group so I only have to pay $80 an hour and they will install any aftermarket stuff provided by me. And some of the parts I can actually get for cheaper than any online price, like my GT500 steering wheel for example. I picked it up for like $180

01yellercobra

Established Member
My director doesn't know I exist. So my counterpart and I are pretty much free to run things as we see fit. We can come and go as we please throughout the day as long as the work gets done. Although I'm sure that'll become more limited once I get a couple pieces of equipment. It'll be nice not to be working on my post count though. And scientists are surprisingly hot.

I'm a calibration analyst for a biomedical company.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I'm a sales manager at a Nissan dealership and even I don't get all that free stuff, damn. Except the Warriors courtside tickets the owner gave me for Christmas. I do hope I get to go to the GTR ride and drive when the new one comes out though, if they have one. The labor discounts are great though. We have a Ford dealership in the auto group so I only have to pay $80 an hour and they will install any aftermarket stuff provided by me. And some of the parts I can actually get for cheaper than any online price, like my GT500 steering wheel for example. I picked it up for like $180

We don't have a Ford dealer in our auto group which is a shame, I did work for a ford dealer last year but I hated it there and didn't trust any of the technicians to do any work on my car so I ended up doing jobs myself, but the parts discount was decent. We got my wifes car from my current job and have used my company discount several times for repairs and parts though. I'm highly considering a CJDR product as my next vehicle since we do have one of those in our group and its directly across the street from me lol. One perk I left out we have a lot we own right next to the panthers stadium in uptown and every home game they tailgate there. So we get to go for free and they have a trailer with TVs playing the game, grilling ribs, burgers, hot dogs, sides you name it. Thats a lot of fun

Helomech74

Established Member
Work 60 days on 30 days off (still get paid while I'm off)
Paid Travel too and from work site (work at various shitty places around the globe)
Meet and train interesting people from various cultures
Fly in various types of aircraft while training aerial gunnery and other tasks
Meet uppity ups and keep them safe
Great pay and benefits (free medical, free dental, etc.)
Education reimbursement. (Company basically paid me to complete my MBA, which I don't even use, lol.)

Fat Boss

Established Member
LOL, Ok. We call them Big Shots or Executives around here. With an MBA and a nice gig, I wouldn't call you an underling though.

I've made it through the negotiating stage with my soon to be new job. Best perk is a $45k raise. :)

Maybe someday I'll be an uppity up. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread