Whats your favorite exhaust setup on the 03/04 Cobra??

zeus201

Established Member
Do the macs drone during freeway cruising like the stingers?

They drone unfortunately...but I've gotten used to it.

OP...here is a clip of a Corsa catback which sounds pretty good imo...a little spendy though:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMiKQQ3fD_o"]YouTube- 2003 Mustang Cobra Vert[/ame]

Last edited:

zeus201

Established Member
Couldn't find the actuall catback but the price per muffler depending on which series starts at ~230 bones...ouch.

hellraisercobra

Venomous Cobra
Established Member
Kooks lt's, o/r x, bassani. Sounds really good wot, too raspy under light accel, lost of drone on the highway

kooks lt's, o/r x, steeda (quiet borla) .. sounded ok light accel, sounded really good wot, very little drone.

kooks lt's, o/r x, dumped dynomax bullets. Suprisingly, not too loud inside during cruise, but hella loud at any kind of accel. deafening at wot! didn't like the tone.

Kooks lt's, mac o/r prochamber, mac 3" catback. sounds AWESOME! a little drone, but not overbearing.. mid throttle is kinda quiet with a mellow tone. wot gets a nice DEEP rumble!! decently loud, great tone, no excess rasp or trumpeting.

wokring on an exhaust vid the the mac!

do you have a vid of the Kooks Lts,Kooks O/R X and dumped bullets?

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Id like a vid of the bullets too. Prefer through tips but id still like to hear em dumped.

And ok. Guess you have to fab them into your own c/b then? lol Thats kinda silly but corsa makes nice exhausts

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
i've got a magn catted x with the stingers. it sounds awesome and is just about the right peak sound range for a street car, imo. it actually cruises very light if you stay out of it (like coming across a patrol car :D )

astippich

Established Member
Im wondering what a bassani catted x and SLP LM1's would sound like? Maybe pretty good. I know they sound like crap with o/r pipes but might tone down to tolerable with cats in place. Id imagine dynomax bullets would sound pretty good too.

Might have missed a couple of others ive heard that i like but that covers most of them.

Whats yalls favorite setup??

My buddy's mach has bassani mid lengths, bassani catted x and lm1's, it sounds really good and its really loud. I don't usually like the sound of lm1's either. I run maggie catted with stingers and love it. I had mrt catted+stingers for four years, I wouldn't recommend that setup. Too much glass pack blat.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Well... Looks like its down to these 2 options now since ive run the bassani and now know i want something different and louder...

-Bassani X / Stingers (Maybe UPR if i go O/R since the bassani makes more rasp w/o cats)

-UPR O/R X / Mac flowpaths in bassani piping

These are my 2 favs and its a tough choice...

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Ok... I have decided on an o/r midpipe for sure! I wouldn't be happy with anything catted...

So...

Upr o/r x or mac prochamber are my top choices for consideration now.

Borla stingers and mac flowpaths welded into my bassani piping are my top 2 choices for c/b. I like flowmasters too but I think mac sounds a little more aggressive and I don't know about anywhere else but here... Almost everyones first mod is flows on a Stang so I prefer to be different unless they really do sound better.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
The wife's TR has a UPR O/R X & 3" DynoMax Ultra Flo's and boy the sounds good!!

...The DSG has a Bassani Catted X & Flowmaster's

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
your 17 and had a srt and a svt cobra?

Im 24 and ive had a lot more than that. lol Those were just in the last 6 months... :rolling:

Sold my 06 300C SRT8 w/ 20k miles to get my cobra. Ive had 29 cars/trucks and 3 streetbikes since i was 16. I work for all of it though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread