Whats your favorite exhaust setup on the 03/04 Cobra??

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I know, there has been a million exhaust posts asking similar questions but i dont want to know "which one is best" since its all personal opinion. I am just interested to hear what everyones personal favorite setup is since there are so many different options...

Im running stock headers, bassani o/r x and bassani catback at the moment. Sounds great but im wanting to swap it for something louder and a little more aggressive. Prob going to keep my bassani and just bolt some other mufflers into the piping so i can keep the c/b.

I like the sound of alot of different setups in different ways. Hard to say i have a favorite because i can listen to clips on youtube for hours and continuously change my favorite from one to the other... LOL! I need to decide on a setup to run though and stick with it.

I like all of these combos in no particular order...

-Bassani O/R X / Stingers

-Bassani Catted X / Stingers

-UPR O/R X / Stingers

-Mac O/R Prochamber / Stingers

-UPR O/R X / Mac Flowpaths

-Catted X / FRPP M55

-Bassani Catted X / Spintech prostreets

Im wondering what a bassani catted x and SLP LM1's would sound like? Maybe pretty good. I know they sound like crap with o/r pipes but might tone down to tolerable with cats in place. Id imagine dynomax bullets would sound pretty good too.

Might have missed a couple of others ive heard that i like but that covers most of them.

Whats yalls favorite setup??

Last edited:

FastNick01

Established Member
From what Ive hear UPR/Bassani ORX and mac 2.5 sounds amazing. From all the videos I could find they all sound very deep and mellow. Also decently loud too.

Ive also heard good things about bassani ORX and Borla Stingers

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Ill most likely run one of those setups.

I searched a catted bassani x and slp lm1 vid and it actually sounds pretty good believe it or not.

My top 3 choices are...
-Bassani X (catted or o/r) / Stingers
-UPR o/r X / Stingers
-UPR o/r X / Mac flowpaths

yyz82

Established Member
Anyone have the Mac catback on here? If so did you have any fitment issues with it? I wanna go with the Mac cb just worried about the quality lol. I've found the SS Mac cb for 440 bucks not bad at all.

hellraisercobra

Venomous Cobra
Established Member
Kooks Longtubes with Kooks O/R X and MAC SS catback or MAC Longtubes with MAC O/R H-Pipe and M55 catback:bowdown:...im running Kooks Longtubes with Kooks O/R X and MAC SS catback

ITL Cobra

Established Member
After 4 exhaust combinations, I am running a Bassani catted x-pipe with Borla Stingers, and couldn't be happier.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Bassani MidLengths
Bassani Catted X
Borla 'Normal' Catback

:rockon:

If it were legal...

Actually, sans headers, the car passed visual with X-pipe and emissions. It actually had registered fewer emissions with the KB then stock.
Go figure.
California needs to align smog laws with reality.
Jeff

Riceater52910

Established Member
Im running a Mac catless prochamber with Borla stingers. Sounds Absolutely amazing. Mellow when your out of boost and screams wide open.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Kooks Longtubes with Kooks O/R X and MAC SS catback or MAC Longtubes with MAC O/R H-Pipe and M55 catback:bowdown:...im running Kooks Longtubes with Kooks O/R X and MAC SS catback

Got a vid of either one of these?? If i do run mac, im going to keep my bassani piping and just bolt in the flowpaths just cause bassani's c/b looks great and is made so much better than the mac but i want the mac sound. lol

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
After 4 exhaust combinations, I am running a Bassani catted x-pipe with Borla Stingers, and couldn't be happier.

LOL! What other ones did you run before that? I keep hearing everyone say thats the fav... lol

And to CPviolation, im running the bassani cb without baffles and even with the o/r x, its still a little tame for my liking. lol:rockon:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Im running a Mac catless prochamber with Borla stingers. Sounds Absolutely amazing. Mellow when your out of boost and screams wide open.

Ive heard that setup on 96stanggt's car and it sounds great too! I was surprised there wasnt much of a difference though between the o/r prochamber and catted bassani with the stingers. Sounds pretty much the same to me. Maybe slightly deeper with the prochamber but volume wise, no difference.

Id almost prefer the bassani x over the prochamber just for the option of being able to run it offroad with the stingers if i ever wanted to wake the dead... lol

Last edited:

zeus201

Established Member
Got a clip of that? I'd imagine that would sound pretty sick!

And yeah, the bassani catted x and stingers seems to be a fab on here.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TUiC9-mPr0"]YouTube- 1999 Cobra Exhaust: Bassani Midlength Headers, Bassani O/R X, MAC Catback[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread