Whats your favorite exhaust setup on the 03/04 Cobra??

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member

Sounds good man but to me, it sounds a lot like the bassani o/r x and the 40 series 2 chamber flowmasters did on my 98gt.

Gave it kind of a tin can sound at some ranges in the RPM but i know its the bassani X doing that. Other than that, its really aggressive and mean sounding! Wonder what the difference in sound would be with stock headers compared to yours? Im pretty sure a UPR X would cure than sound im talking about. Seems to be common with the bassani o/r x...

BTW, one of the best vids ive seen for an exhaust clip! :beer:

Last edited:

AZCobraCMDR

Established Member
Btw, is the Mac catback louder than the stingers? I just sold my stingers cause they were a bit too much for daily driving (inside the car, not outside. Too much drone.)

I was pretty set on Bassani but now I am looking at these Macs...

03COBRA-88

Established Member
OP you like loud so here you go-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8OCvb0pFWM"]YouTube- 03 Cobra, MAC Longtubes, Off-road H, M55 Catback[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS_RnD3MtTY"]YouTube- 03 Kenne Bell cobra on the Dyno[/ame]

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqomJAm-uic"]YouTube- 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Pypes/Mac Exhaust[/ame]

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Btw, is the Mac catback louder than the stingers? I just sold my stingers cause they were a bit too much for daily driving (inside the car, not outside. Too much drone.)

I was pretty set on Bassani but now I am looking at these Macs...

Not sure which is louder because they are both loud! Borla is a little deeper than the mac but prob equally as loud...

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
03cobra88: those both sound crazy loud!! Prob too much for even me although I do like the m55's! They are impossible to find but do sound good with a catted midpipe!

Don't even know what setup the 2nd car had. I'm sure being inside made it worse but that was just too damn loud! Lol

Daniel: that's a good vid of the mac! Sounds mean!! Prob about the same as a upr x and mac...

Jroc

Established Member
I vote for a O/R Prochamber with a chambered muffler. Either MAC, or Flowmasters. Also Dynomax makes some nice sounding chambered mufflers.

This is my opinion without taking LT's into consideration.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I vote for a O/R Prochamber with a chambered muffler. Either MAC, or Flowmasters. Also Dynomax makes some nice sounding chambered mufflers.

This is my opinion without taking LT's into consideration.

True. The prochamber does sound really good with chambered muffs! Which dynomax muffs are you talking about? Ultraflos? I like the dynomax bullets but prob wouldn't sound good with an o/r x...

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
i like UPR o/r x with bassani catback, UPR o/r x with stingers, Catted x with stingers. Oh and UPR o/r x and magnaflow sounds really good, queit at idle but loud on te throttle.

i dont like the tinny sound the flowmasters and MAC give. just my 2 cents.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
i like UPR o/r x with bassani catback, UPR o/r x with stingers, Catted x with stingers. Oh and UPR o/r x and magnaflow sounds really good, queit at idle but loud on te throttle.

i dont like the tinny sound the flowmasters and MAC give. just my 2 cents.

Hmm... Havent heard UPR and bassani combo. Might have to check that one out. Im basically down to deciding between the catted bassani or UPR O/R X. Most likely gonna go UPR cause i like loud too much to go catted... lol

AZcobraCMDR: Yeah man, if they are anything like my flows were with my bassani o/r x, they drone.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Kooks lt's, o/r x, bassani. Sounds really good wot, too raspy under light accel, lost of drone on the highway

kooks lt's, o/r x, steeda (quiet borla) .. sounded ok light accel, sounded really good wot, very little drone.

kooks lt's, o/r x, dumped dynomax bullets. Suprisingly, not too loud inside during cruise, but hella loud at any kind of accel. deafening at wot! didn't like the tone.

Kooks lt's, mac o/r prochamber, mac 3" catback. sounds AWESOME! a little drone, but not overbearing.. mid throttle is kinda quiet with a mellow tone. wot gets a nice DEEP rumble!! decently loud, great tone, no excess rasp or trumpeting.

wokring on an exhaust vid the the mac!

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
her's my old mach 1

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_LNzOwccqA"]YouTube- 2004 mach 1 o/r x pipe one chambers flows[/ame]

04svtsnke

Established Member
My new setup is bassani mids+bassani o/r X, mac 3 inch catback with 3 inch single chamber flowmaster delta force mufflers welded in....LOUD!!! I'll have a video soon

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Kooks lt's, o/r x, bassani. Sounds really good wot, too raspy under light accel, lost of drone on the highway

kooks lt's, o/r x, steeda (quiet borla) .. sounded ok light accel, sounded really good wot, very little drone.

kooks lt's, o/r x, dumped dynomax bullets. Suprisingly, not too loud inside during cruise, but hella loud at any kind of accel. deafening at wot! didn't like the tone.

Kooks lt's, mac o/r prochamber, mac 3" catback. sounds AWESOME! a little drone, but not overbearing.. mid throttle is kinda quiet with a mellow tone. wot gets a nice DEEP rumble!! decently loud, great tone, no excess rasp or trumpeting.

wokring on an exhaust vid the the mac!

Wow, lots of diff systems... lol

I really wanna hear that last one with the mac!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread