whats everyone going to do over the winter? mods? projects?

tankerman1981

Established Member
defiantely going to get some 315 nittos on mine, strut tower brace, billetflow IRS brace, and a new midpipe, and LFP Heat Exchanger....... really want to get a 2.93 pulley and custom tune but we'll see how the money flows.... :pepper:

Last edited:

Joe5.0

Established Member
When i rev the Car the OSunds Increases to a higher Pitch. Same when i turn on the Defrost lol its weird. the 1st 10-15 minutes it will be normal, then the hideous noise will come on.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
mean saleen said:
When i rev the Car the OSunds Increases to a higher Pitch. Same when i turn on the Defrost lol its weird. the 1st 10-15 minutes it will be normal, then the hideous noise will come on.

Sounds like you need a filter. Probably using non-resistor plugs.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
tankerman1981 said:
defiantely going to get some 315 nittos on mine, strut tower brace, billetflow IRS brace, and a new midpipe, and LFP Heat Exchanger....... really want to get a 2.93 pulley and custom tune but we'll see how the money flows.... :pepper:

Get subframe connectors

tankerman1981

Established Member
RickSvt said:
Get subframe connectors

i know there was somethign that a convertible has that a coupe doesn't..... like subframe connectors or something like that... damnit i can't remember what it was sorry i'm an idiot :loser: :bash:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'd get the motor mods 1st. You're more likely to use the power than the handling everyday. I enjoy the extra punch everyday! Not too many twisties during everyday driving.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Rick i know you know Stereos. The right rear speaker just randomly makes a static annoying constant noise sometimes, and goes away, then comes back etc. Speaker still works.

05 windveil blu

yes ignorance is bliss
Established Member
i dont think its as bad as having your exhuat sound like it is rattleing between 2k and 3.5k rpm's! i dunno wat it is but its stops after the car warms up......maybe cuz its not the 8cyl....jk
Greg

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
mean saleen said:
Rick i know you know Stereos. The right rear speaker just randomly makes a static annoying constant noise sometimes, and goes away, then comes back etc. Speaker still works.

Sounds like a bad connection. I spent too much time with electronics too.

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
my next mod, FMIC from perrin
i'm tryin to get a sponsor from perrin..discounts on parts first
and build up from there! :)

after the FMIC, either 20g or GT30R or GT35R turbo..and ofcourse the custom tune ;)

C Weil

Established Member
What have you dont that merits a sponsor? I don't understand the point..

Mean, if the volume and clarity are increasing relative to the RPM (like when you rev), there are a couple easy things to check- I'll PM you. There's a good possibility the stereo isn't the problem.

MightyMo

Established Member
KB 2.4L install will take place with supporting mods!

Pistons, ARP hardware for connecting rods, K member, Coil overs, Centerforce DFX with 26spline input shaft, 60lb injectors and a few other little things..

05 windveil blu

yes ignorance is bliss
Established Member
^^ur puttin 522 already...AND ur puttin on a KB thats nuts!!! hope the internals all hold. sounds lik ur gettin some rods and stuff too so i hope everything works out. that is gonna be sick to see your ride sum time

C Weil

Established Member
Just putting ARP bolts in those rods is not smart, especially with the power the 2.4L will make (given that we assume he'll be running 24psi+, otherwise the 2.4L doesn't make sense). Those will be toast. Billet, billet, billet!

Joe5.0

Established Member
C Weil said:

Mean, if the volume and clarity are increasing relative to the RPM (like when you rev), there are a couple easy things to check- I'll PM you. There's a good possibility the stereo isn't the problem.

Sounds good

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
C Weil said:

nothin too special so far
but i'm gonna be gettin a lot of perrin products from now
since i'm doin that, i can advertise their company by goin to couple shows
and i get free parts or discounts. haven't heard anything from perrin
i got an email back from hankook tires. i just need to email them what shows i'm going next year. :)

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Almost had a DynoTune N2O kit. Still lookin for the right price!
Still need a 40amp KB BP though. Then she'll be ready!

Users who are viewing this thread