whats everyone going to do over the winter? mods? projects?

whitelx

Established Member
C Weil said:
Spec Stage 2 or just about any McLeod (short of the twin-disk, which is awesome, but expensive). Spec Stage 3 is overkill, and 2 should last you longer than the CF. Those are just my opinions, though!
Im not sure which material they use on the SPEC Stg. 2 for the mustang. But alot of the Contour guys that have used the stg. 2 have experienced extreme glazing due to the Kevlar material used in them. If there is any power adder in the future I would go ahead with the Stg. 3. Otherwise I have had good experience with my King Cobra.
-whitelx

C Weil

Established Member
On his Saleen I might do the Stage 3, but I would avoid doing that because bad drivers will tear that thing up in no time. I haven't seen too many problems with the Stage 2 in Mustangs- at least no more/less than others.

ccjcobra99

Established Member
C Weil said:
Clarke, fuel pump has sitting/waiting since I left, sorry it's been such a pain. Want to pick it up this weekend? I can have my buddy meet you somewhere in Redmond with it. Hopefully soon at least, I don't like it sitting out for so long (which is my fault, obviously)!

That would work fine. Either day this weekend has some flexability. I PM'd my cel # awhile ago. Have them give me a call.

Joe5.0

Established Member
On the T-56 Swap, if im correct the DriveShaft need to be Shortened, And i need (Or Want) a 03/04 Cobra Centerforce DF Clutch, and Wire the Reverse Lockout into the Brake lights, and Have my tune Re-done for the Extra gear........Everyhting else should go in Fine...Right?

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
mean saleen said:
On the T-56 Swap, if im correct the DriveShaft need to be Shortened, And i need (Or Want) a 03/04 Cobra Centerforce DF Clutch, and Wire the Reverse Lockout into the Brake lights, and Have my tune Re-done for the Extra gear........Everyhting else should go in Fine...Right?
uh oh..centerforce DF Clutch lol
do you get sponsor from'em or something lol
i'd listen to C Weil's advice

C Weil, Legacy has exact same engine as STi except it has smaller turbo and intercooler. if i ever reach that much power, i need to replace stock clutch and stock flywheel

Joe5.0

Established Member
Centerforce like i said seems to be the best bang for the buck. And there were no problems with it in the 2000 Saleen. Need to get this F*^&**( T-56 in though. NOW.

C Weil

Established Member
Just as I told ya, Mean, though there should be some clarification. You do NOT want a clutch for an 03/04 Cobra unless you have an 11" flywheel. You're basically stuck using a 10.5" clutch unless you've got an aftermarket flywheel. The pressure plate/disk diameter is a function of the flywheel, not transmission. The clutch disk, though, depends on the input shaft. The input shaft on the T56 (assuming it's not from a Viper) has the same 10 spline input shaft as the T45/3650, so the clutch you have on it current will work just fine unless it's almost dead. If it has a 26 spline input shaft like the Viper T56 does, then you need a 26 spline clutch disk, and you could keep the same pressure plate. But, that probably won't be necessary.

The tuning required isn't just for the extra gear, it's because ALL of the gear ratios are different from the six speed to the five speed except for fourth gear. It's not just the 6th gear issue, it's that you'll be inaccurate everywhere else, too.

Driveshaft has to be shortened and has to use a different output shaft yoke.

And, uh, you know, a different clutch. Please? :) :beer:

T23J, are you sure it's the exact same internally? Usually manufacturers will beef up the internals when they up horsepower that significantly, especially knowing they'll be modified. Same engine itself I understood, but I'm curious if the internals aren't stronger. I know the gear set in the transmission and the differentials are all different, so I wonder if the engine isn't, too.

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
C Weil said:
Just as I told ya, Mean, though there should be some clarification. You do NOT want a clutch for an 03/04 Cobra unless you have an 11" flywheel. You're basically stuck using a 10.5" clutch unless you've got an aftermarket flywheel. The pressure plate/disk diameter is a function of the flywheel, not transmission. The clutch disk, though, depends on the input shaft. The input shaft on the T56 (assuming it's not from a Viper) has the same 10 spline input shaft as the T45/3650, so the clutch you have on it current will work just fine unless it's almost dead. If it has a 26 spline input shaft like the Viper T56 does, then you need a 26 spline clutch disk, and you could keep the same pressure plate. But, that probably won't be necessary.

The tuning required isn't just for the extra gear, it's because ALL of the gear ratios are different from the six speed to the five speed except for fourth gear. It's not just the 6th gear issue, it's that you'll be inaccurate everywhere else, too.

Driveshaft has to be shortened and has to use a different output shaft yoke.

And, uh, you know, a different clutch. Please? :) :beer:

T23J, are you sure it's the exact same internally? Usually manufacturers will beef up the internals when they up horsepower that significantly, especially knowing they'll be modified. Same engine itself I understood, but I'm curious if the internals aren't stronger. I know the gear set in the transmission and the differentials are all different, so I wonder if the engine isn't, too.

uh oh...mean and C weil goin at it again lol
MEAN just listen to him DAMN IT lol
I think C weil knows what hes talkin bout

STi and Legacy engine are exactly identical except
intake manifolds,TGV, turbo, intercooler
that's the only difference :coolman:

Joe5.0

Established Member
Looks Like ill be Getting a FRPP Oil cooler, Heater Core Fixed, Stereo Fixed, And saving up for a Hellion 62 MM Turbo Kit.

C Weil

Established Member
What he said. Sell it.

What's wrong with it? I can fix it for you, you know, before you sell it. :D

I just received my MoTeC for the Saleen and the 26-spline input shaft for the Cobra today. Now I'm just waiting for the Cobra's clutch, which is also supposed to arrive later today. It's been a good day!!!

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
mean saleen said:
Well the centerforce DF seems like the most bang for the buck and i didnt have any problems in the 00 saleen.

Just my opinion but why get anything special at all? You're using a T-56 right? I'm sure there are plenty of deals for the stock Cobra clutch. New or used. I dont think I missed anything but are you pushing over 550rwhp? 99% of the 03/04 Cobra with basic boltons still use the stocker. No slipping here! Have you driven an 03/04? IMO the clutch isn't bad at all. Consider how often you're going to drive the Saleen. Will you be stuck in traffic all the time. Not likely. Dont' waste your money on any name. The stockers are great! :thumbsup: :beer: :burnout:

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
Just installed header with integrated uppipe and downpipe
didn't installed the cut out yet because welder was gone or something
so i'm running open downpipe right now and it's tooo fuggin loud
my ears are still ringin

Joe5.0

Established Member
C Weil said:
What he said. Sell it.

What's wrong with it? I can fix it for you, you know, before you sell it. :D

I just received my MoTeC for the Saleen and the 26-spline input shaft for the Cobra today. Now I'm just waiting for the Cobra's clutch, which is also supposed to arrive later today. It's been a good day!!!

Whenever my car comes to a stop, the sound goes WAY down. The when i start moving again.....The sound goes back up. And sometimes the Back speaker makes that high whistle noise....somethings wrong.

Joe5.0

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
Just my opinion but why get anything special at all? You're using a T-56 right? I'm sure there are plenty of deals for the stock Cobra clutch. New or used. I dont think I missed anything but are you pushing over 550rwhp? 99% of the 03/04 Cobra with basic boltons still use the stocker. No slipping here! Have you driven an 03/04? IMO the clutch isn't bad at all. Consider how often you're going to drive the Saleen. Will you be stuck in traffic all the time. Not likely. Dont' waste your money on any name. The stockers are great! :thumbsup: :beer: :burnout:

This would require changing the input shaft to a 26 Spline right?

C Weil

Established Member
Nope, 10 is stock on all Ford Tremecs.

Only the GM and Viper T56's have a 26 spline input shaft. I think some of the You can upgrade the T56's input shaft to a 26 spline because it's stronger, but that requires changing the clutch disk to fit the 26 spline instead of 10.

What you need to do is make sure your flywheel is compatable with an 11" clutch- this requires an aftermarket flywheel on non-03/04 Cobra cars. All of theirs are 11", too. So to use it you would need to upgrade your flywheel.

Users who are viewing this thread