whats everyone going to do over the winter? mods? projects?

Joe5.0

Established Member
Yes I Need Help

I Have heard 900 Different Combinations to get it to work and i am way to confused. I contacted Mike at KEM Performance (Did My SCT Tune) and he said that i would not need any tunning what so ever for the added 6th gear.

None the less this thing needs to go in and i need Help.

svtcobras

www.htsracing.com
Established Member
Finally!

I finally completed my reinstall of my water/meth kit. Totally rewired because I had issues using a vacuum switch. I disabled the system since the initial install in June. I installed a msd rpm switch in place of the vacuum switch, relocated the nitrous nozzle. Set the rpm switch to activate at 2000 rpm. Holy crap! The throttle response is unbeleivable. Too bad its raining as I would like to take it for a test drive....

C Weil

Established Member
Mean,

I can probably help next week sometime. I've got to work on my SVO (gaskets to prepare for sale) and Saleen (DFI, fuel system), but I bet I can squeeze in a couple hours. I'm here until Jan 10th or so.

Joe5.0

Established Member
C weil I wanna run an Aluminum Flywheel and an aftermarket clutch. Which ones do i get? I wanna buy them now.

C Weil

Established Member
On the Saleen? Fidanza flywheel, clutch is up to you. I prefer Spec or McCleod, as I've had good experiences with them every time, but whichever. You don't need anything super beefy as long as you break it in- a Spec 2 or equivalent should be fine since it's street driven all the time and not making monster power. A Spec 3 (and most of their equivalents, perhaps McCleod aside) are generally has on/off engagement, so some people do not like driving with them on the street all the time. Some do- I've had mine in for a while. I can definitely say it's not as comfortable, though. The stronger McCleod's don't have the same on/off engagement, but there aren't really any dealers around here who want to sell them (less margin, I suspect).

Just a heads up- I can't remember if that year has the 6 or 8 bolt cast cranks; if it has the 6, you may be wasting your money if you ever plan to turn the boost up and put a forged motor in he car, as all the forged cranks are 8 bolt.

C Weil

Established Member
Also, the Fidanza flywheel will allow for either a 10.5" or 11" clutch- all you have to do is pull the dowels out with a slidehammer and stud-removing collet. IE- you can use your current clutch on it if it is in good shape and then swap up to a stronger 11" if you need to in the future (but don't want to get a new one now). It might not be a bad idea if the current clutch is ok, since you are going to have a hell of a time trying to sell a used clutch for much more than free.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
That should be good for about 2-3 Hp I figure.LOL Merry X-Mas to all my fellow Gear Bangers out there wheather it be a GT, Cobra or even a lightning.

whippleblown03

Established Member
mean saleen said:
Yes I Need Help

I Have heard 900 Different Combinations to get it to work and i am way to confused. I contacted Mike at KEM Performance (Did My SCT Tune) and he said that i would not need any tunning what so ever for the added 6th gear.

None the less this thing needs to go in and i need Help.

if the input splines on the trannys are the same cant you just use the same clutch? should be just a straight swap!

Joe5.0

Established Member
Look like a straight swap. The motor is going to be forged down the road. So Just gonna keep the stock Flywheel and clutch or its gonna drive me crazy findding the right combo.

Users who are viewing this thread