whats everyone going to do over the winter? mods? projects?

whippleblown03

Established Member
anyone got big plans for there cars? lets here them!

i want longtubes and gears for the cobra! and i want to buy a factoryfive cobra kit car but i got to sell some other junk to get it!

we need something over the winter to keep us busy! lets here some ideas! :thumbsup:

whitelx

Established Member
Getting my Mustang to pass emissions(get a waiver) and install headers and Y-pipe on the contour. :pop:
-whitelx

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Billetflow IRS brace, set of Nitto's and maybe some methanol injection. Anyone had experience with methanol injection?

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
1970 Chevelle, 502 Crate with alum heads, roller rocker (real setup, not just tips) B&M TH400 with trans brake, Mosier 12 bolt with spool and 4.11's. I did the paperwork Sat. and should pick it up next week. Gotta do a cage, tub and some stickies for it. It has the cell and fuel system already. I probably won't back half it until next winter.

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
I'm eaning more toward early spring on this stuff but:

Get a built motor for my turbo set-up, sump the fuel tank, larger injectors, bigger fuel pumps (aviators maybe).

Tru_Ice

Banned
bultaco370 said:
anyone got big plans for there cars? lets here them!

i want longtubes and gears for the cobra! and i want to buy a factoryfive cobra kit car but i got to sell some other junk to get it!

we need something over the winter to keep us busy! lets here some ideas! :thumbsup:

For Sure:

Intake, TB, Pulley, Injectors, Pulley, DTE Tranny Brace, Injectors, & 17in BFGs.

Possibly:

Bigger Cam, Springs, & 50 shot.

Joe5.0

Established Member
T-56 And Centerforce Dual Friction will Finally go in.

Pfab Intercooler tank Finally put on.

Some new Nittos.

Dyno tune at fast Specialties.

Maybe a 2.8 Pulley :)

And if the Christmas bonus is nice VT STroker May be on the way with some Juice!

C Weil

Established Member
Oh yeah, winter break will be busy.

MoTeC, tuning and I might install my "special" brakes for the Saleen, some tuning and dual-bypass oil filter setup on the Cobra (plus new wheels and tires...maybe), and selling the other Mustang. I hope.

Clarke, fuel pump has sitting/waiting since I left, sorry it's been such a pain. Want to pick it up this weekend? I can have my buddy meet you somewhere in Redmond with it. Hopefully soon at least, I don't like it sitting out for so long (which is my fault, obviously)!

Joe5.0

Established Member
For the 5.0 Gonna try and get a Bassani X-pipe, Accufab 70MM throttle Body, Centerforce DF Clutch, New Hawk Brake pads, New Kuhmos, FLyuidline Radiator, and maybe some 3:55 gears. I want constint 13 sec runs at over 100. O and i need my heatercore fixed....

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
Custom dyno tune

hopefully
18g turbo or VF37
STi TMIC
STi intake manifold
STi TGV

after that maybe a set of new wheels and tires

C Weil

Established Member
Mean, don't do the Centerforce DF! Put a real clutch in it!!!

Jordan, I watched an STI with a VF37 make about 350awhp. Not bad.

tscripa

Fall / Winter mods: Port SC, TB and plenium, Billetflow pullies (2.93 plus 4 idlers), tune, H&R sport springs, MGW shifter.

To date I have installed: JLT RAI, Borla Stinger, MM full length SFCs

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
C Weil said:
Mean, don't do the Centerforce DF! Put a real clutch in it!!!

Jordan, I watched an STI with a VF37 make about 350awhp. Not bad.

lol
didn't you and mean get in an argument last time they were puttin a clutch too?

yeh i'm leaning towards VF37 or 20g turbo
but if i get those, i'll probably get FMIC and need to upgrade fuel pumps and other stuff..which costs a lot more $$$$

i want my car to push around 360awhp and 350awtq, it'll push that much power before 06 summer starts :coolman:

C Weil

Established Member
Haha, yeah, because it's a blah clutch! It's also not meant for much power- one side of the disk uses material with the same coefficient of friction and heat properties of the stock material (which is known to fry easily)...if one side goes, who cares about the other? Not a good scenario. Besides, there is better stuff on the market in general. I guess I'm just opinionated, that's all. :)

Although I know it's not the perfect logic, I guess it's another thing to think about...have you ever seen a real racecar with a Centerforce dual-friction in it?

On a similiar note, why the Stage 3 Tyler?

T23j, that'd be a cool vehicle if you got it to that stage. Can the shortblock and transmission safely hold that much power on a non-WRX/Sti car? I don't know anything of the Subaru's internals. I've only ever done headwork on them (lots of them, actually).

C Weil

Established Member
Spec Stage 2 or just about any McLeod (short of the twin-disk, which is awesome, but expensive). Spec Stage 3 is overkill, and 2 should last you longer than the CF. Those are just my opinions, though!

Joe5.0

Established Member
Well the centerforce DF seems like the most bang for the buck and i didnt have any problems in the 00 saleen.

Users who are viewing this thread