What was your last workout?

Branhammer

Established Member
Today is leg day.

Legs, calfs, and abs.

No running. Not today or ever. That just beats the living shit out of me. At about 275 I can't handle the pounding. I walk instead.

I hate running too even though I do it. I highly recommend the Jacobs Ladder or stair climber. No impact and when I'm done I have to take the spray bottle to it directly to clean up the literal POOLS of sweat I've created.

I started doing those machines last week. 20 minutes a day for 4 of my workout days (not leg day). Lost 2.9 lbs the first week.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I hate running too even though I do it. I highly recommend the Jacobs Ladder or stair climber. No impact and when I'm done I have to take the spray bottle to it directly to clean up the literal POOLS of sweat I've created.

I started doing those machines last week. 20 minutes a day for 4 of my workout days (not leg day). Lost 2.9 lbs the first week.
We have a Jacobs ladder at the gym. I hate that ****in thing. It's brutal.
I can do it for 2 minutes then I'm done.

Branhammer

Established Member
We have a Jacobs ladder at the gym. I hate that ****in thing. It's brutal.
I can do it for 2 minutes then I'm done.

Yep same here. I've managed to work my way up to 2 1/2 minutes at a time. It's ridiculously hard. I do sets of 2 1/2 minutes until I hit 20 minutes, although sometimes I say **** this and stop at 15.

It's the only way I'm gonna burn this last bit of core fat off though.

mdever12

Established Member
I'm a day behind this week. But doing light upper body today.
-50% max bench for 10x3 (10 minutes)
-Lat. raises/pull downs 10x5 each (10 minutes)
-Rear neck/shrugs 10x5 each (10 minutes)

031tonHO

Established Member
Mondays: Chest and Cardio
Tuesdays: Back and Cardio
Wednesdays: Core and Cardio
Thursdays: Shoulders
Fridays: Legs
Saturdays: Arms
Sundays: Rest day

I've been doing this for a little over a year now. This with changing my diet, I've lost about 20lbs and put on some pretty good size. My workouts take about an hour or so and I tend to switch up between high reps/low weight and low reps/high weight just so my body doesn't get used to it. I usually switch up the cardio between treadmill, stairs, and eliptical

That being said, my last workout was chest and arms cause I was on vacation and didn't get a chance to do much besides run

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Today was "off" day. So, I cut my front lawn and got it out of the way. I consider that cardio. lol
Did the backyard on Wednesday after biceps.

Saturday: shoulders
Sunday: back
Monday: triceps
Tuesday: legs
Wednesday: biceps and
Thursday is chest.
20-30 minute workouts each. Not many sets at all. One warm-up set and 2 heavy sets. I do my cardio on the weekends. Between 2-3 miles between Saturday and Sunday on the treadmill, brisk walking.

Gravik

Established Member
Saturday was my farthest run of 16.6 miles at a 8:52 pace. Yesterday was hill repeats and a 4 mile progressive pace run (7:45 to 7:00).
Running is by far the most challenging sport I've taken up. I've spent most of my life in the gym lifting weights, so the transition was a difficult process. I also learned that treadmills are from the devil, and I absolutely have to be outside. Pouring rain or 6" of snow is still better than a treadmill.
Tell me about it. I hate running. If it wasn't for trying to be a firefighter I wouldn't run at all. I'd stick with swimming.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Equalbracket

Established Member
My job is my workout. And with a 105-110 heat index it's hard enough avoiding heat cramps, which are freaking horrible.

helloWorld

Established Member
How do you guys avoid feeling like you are going to throwup during a workout? This feeling only happens to me on my leg days. I eat at around 0615, have a snack around 0900, eat lunch at around 1200, have my last pre-workout meal at around 1400 and then workout around 1630.

I have the pain as it obviously hinders me actually working out. I go to the restroom and try to throwup, but it won't come out. So, I am stuck with that hideous feeling.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
How do you guys avoid feeling like you are going to throwup during a workout?
Me, my brother and my buddy always felt like this when we were younger, training together and lifting really heavy. We would be so drained and feel like puking.
You must be lifting heavy on leg days, I assume?

helloWorld

Established Member
Me, my brother and my buddy always felt like this when we were younger, training together and lifting really heavy. We would be so drained and feel like puking.
You must be lifting heavy on leg days, I assume?

Yeah, I lift heavy on my leg days. That is the only day of the week that I will take a pre-workout supplement as well. It seems the puke-feeling is pretty common then.

08mojo

Established Member
3.5 hour ride in the Talladega forest today. It was humid as ****. I looked like I fell into a pool within the first hour of the ride.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Yeah, I lift heavy on my leg days. That is the only day of the week that I will take a pre-workout supplement as well. It seems the puke-feeling is pretty common then.
Pre-workout does that to me too if I take it right before I workout. I usually take it two hours before and I'm fine.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The lifting heavy will do that to you.
Because you got squats and hack squats and all that good stuff for legs. Plus, you're dealing with a large muscle. Maybe do hamstrings when you arms to break it up a bit?

mdever12

Established Member
Try other preworkouts. I've had that before on a few preworkouts and when I switched I no longer have that sick feeling. Not saying it'll work for you, but something to look into after you're done with your current batch.

Users who are viewing this thread