What was your last workout?

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
Saturday was my farthest run of 16.6 miles at a 8:52 pace. Yesterday was hill repeats and a 4 mile progressive pace run (7:45 to 7:00).
Running is by far the most challenging sport I've taken up. I've spent most of my life in the gym lifting weights, so the transition was a difficult process. I also learned that treadmills are from the devil, and I absolutely have to be outside. Pouring rain or 6" of snow is still better than a treadmill.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Saturday was my farthest run of 16.6 miles at a 8:52 pace. Yesterday was hill repeats and a 4 mile progressive pace run (7:45 to 7:00).
Running is by far the most challenging sport I've taken up. I've spent most of my life in the gym lifting weights, so the transition was a difficult process. I also learned that treadmills are from the devil, and I absolutely have to be outside. Pouring rain or 6" of snow is still better than a treadmill.

That's pretty impressive Mark. I found that when I run outdoors it beats up my joints more. Yep...I'm old. The treadmill seems to absorb some of the shock. Plus I can really control my pace...and nobody gets to see me nearly dying when I'm on the treadmill in my basement. I can definitely see your point though.

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
That's pretty impressive Mark. I found that when I run outdoors it beats up my joints more. Yep...I'm old. The treadmill seems to absorb some of the shock. Plus I can really control my pace...and nobody gets to see me nearly dying when I'm on the treadmill in my basement. I can definitely see your point though.

I seem to be backwards from other people. Biking beats up my knees, and so does a treadmill. Pavement or dirt is ideal. Concrete always sucks.
Keep up the hard work. At nearly 50, you're putting a lot of 20-somethings to shame!

I try to live by this:

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I was pretty beat after yesterdays workout. It was:

16 minutes total
1st min - 20 medball (20#) situps
2nd min - 100 meter sprint with medball

2 minutes each station and 2 rounds of each
35# plate farmer carry 100 meters
15 front squats (70% of your max)
30 GHD situps
100 meter 180# sled push

10 minutes
185 deadlift 50 times
Air squats 50 times
Remaining time is 24 inch box jumps

sdoo500

Established Member
Another 5am crossfit here.

Today was some misc stretching and accessory work with jump rope practicing double unders.

Workout was five rounds of row 500m and 25 wallballs every 6 minutes.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm currently getting back into pushups Monday through Friday. This week is 8 sets of 25 pushups, and I'll up that to 10 sets next week. The most I'll do is 12 sets of 25, then I'll reduce time between sets and usually end up at 10 sets of 30.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
weight training is FAR better for ur health then cardio alone is. and steer clear from cross fit its simply dangerous to ur health and a complete and utter WASTE of ur time!

random shit is NOT functional training! its basically a kipping workout which again is a WASTE of time and jumping around with random exercises is another WASTE of time!

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Today was shoulders so started with
1 1/2 mile warmup on the treadmill and then worked shoulders for about an hour and then finished with some rotater cuff work.
Tomorrow is biceps/forearms with some core work.
With my schedule, 24/48, I hit the gym when I go on shift and when I get off shift.

Branhammer

Established Member
Yesterday was leg day and I'm sore AF. Today is arms. My routine is:

4 exercises for each muscle group, 4 sets, 8-10 reps and heavy enough weight to achieve muscle failure on the last set. End every session with 20 minutes on either Jacobs Ladder or stair climber.

Monday: Chest and abs
Tuesday: Back and shoulders
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Arms
Friday: Full body. At least one exercise/4 sets for each muscle group.
Saturday: 6-10 mile run depending on how many shits I give about cardio on that particular day.
Sunday: Beer.....and your mom.

Gonna go do arms now, actually.

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
weight training is FAR better for ur health then cardio alone is. and steer clear from cross fit its simply dangerous to ur health and a complete and utter WASTE of ur time!

random shit is NOT functional training! its basically a kipping workout which again is a WASTE of time and jumping around with random exercises is another WASTE of time!

While I'm not a crossfitter, it's hard to argue with the results. They have some of the best bodies next to gymnasts and bodybuilders.

It's also difficult to argue "better for your health", because let's be honest, very few of us are doing any of this for our "health". Most folks just want to look better, lift more, run faster/farther, etc. Some of us are also competitive athletes. We are after that medal or trophy; health be damned. We're perpetually injured. Being well-rounded doesn't win you trophies in your sport.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Just got back from the gym. I work out over lunch at Planet Fitness (close to work/dirt cheap) and try to get everything done within an hour. I am not repetitive in what I do (gets boring) and try to stimulate all muscle groups in some way or another with different stuff throughout the week. I prefer to be well rounded in my fitness instead of bulging biceps or shredded abs.

Today in this order:
-Stair climber @ #12 pace for 5 min (normally do 10min)
-Bench w/115lbs @ 3X12 (I do these slooooowly)
-Pulls w/85lbs @ 3X12
-Curls 3x10 (50lbs curl bar)
-Skull crushers 3x10 (50lbs curl bar)
-Close grip bench press 3x10 (50lbs curl bar)
-Barbell upright row 3x10 (50lbs curl bar)
-Farmers walk 1 set (65lbs each dumbbell)
-Kettle ball swing 3x12 (30lbs, biggest they have)
-Standing side crunch 3X10 (60lbs dumbbell)
-Seated sit-ups 3x10 (125lbs)

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
jealous of all you guys lol. I'm 6'4 155 pounds just trying to get in shape long enough to not cramp after a 50 yard dash lol.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Just finished a garage workout: 8 three minute rounds of shadowboxing and heavy bag, 3 sets each of cleans, rows, presses, lateral raises, curls(all with dumbbells), 3 one-minute sets of rope skipping, a set of burpees and a set of bodyweight squats. 60 minutes in total. I never rest more than a minute between sets or exercises.

I noticed we have some avid runners and lifters here. Nice. I don't lift heavy weights anymore. Coincidentally, I also noticed I don't get hurt anymore either.

flash0080

Established Member
snatch (w/squat)
emom for 10 min perform 2 reps building to heaviest set

2rft 21-15-9
hang power snatch 95#/65#
10 pistols

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
My daughter was born yesterday. I was in the gym this morning. Heavy back day with some abs to finish. I have been going 7 years straight my wife has been going 4. It's a life style. A lot of People I know that don't go because of a child use that as an excuse because they don't want to train. Time can me found for the gym, maybe 5 am or 10 pm but I know I'll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread