what mods do you regret?

BLK_03

Established Member
Blue Poison said:
Anyone regret the MRT catted H pipe? I'm thinking of getting one with the Borla Stinger.

Awesome thread BTW....

Absolutely not. I love the sound, although it is with a magnaflow catback...

EDIT: Just read you asked about the catted version....sorry mine is O/R...but I still love the sound!!! :D

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
I have to agree with the car owner above ^ his car sounds unreal.. :thumbsup:

Mod I regret?? The parts I bought for the IRS to try to help wheel hop...

Last edited:

S/CCobra03

Established Member
forcefedjunkie said:
Having my 2000 mile Eaton ported by Kevin (rev-in) and Haveight. Lost a good 30 hp. Check out my dyno sheet running 15 psi (2.8 upper/2# lower), dyno-tuned by SCT. Should have been over 500 hp. These guys have completely blown me off so I guess there will never be a resolution. I've since installed a Whipple and gained 140 hp and they claimed it had to be my car, not their port job. Right.
dyno8_28_04.jpg

That has to be one of the worst air/fuel ratios I've seen. No wonder it didn't run good. Could your ported blow have caused this?

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Do you have any pics of the port job that they did?

S/CCobra03 said:
That has to be one of the worst air/fuel ratios I've seen. No wonder it didn't run good. Could your ported blow have caused this?

It was done by Jerry of SCT on the dyno with the blower ported. :shrug:

HISSMAN said:
Do you have any pics of the port job that they did?

If you do a search function for Haveight or Soap's ported blower I think you'll find some pics. I wasn't the only unhappy customer as you'll find.

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
UPR Billet short antenna. Amazon's works and looks a 100 times better :rockon:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
LG2004Redfire said:
UPR Billet short antenna. Amazon's works and looks a 100 times better :rockon:

Agreed, Lou! :rockon:

Looks JUST like stock, but the length that it should have been to start with. And it DOESN'T look like those 3" wide plastic ones that some people have. And it's funny, I actually think that my radio signal INCREASED since I got it :??:

Either way, I couldn't be happier with the thing!! :rockon:

I guess since I don't have any real mods, I don't regret any of them :-D

pld

SoOntRebel
Established Member
MRT catted H-pipe-- waaaay tooo LOUD with my stinger's. Now it's all wrapped up in my shed just sitting there;maybe a fellow Canadian close by would be interested?

stvdman

Established Member
Not really a mod but... JMS Upper Grill. It looked OK, but rubbed a small spot in the paint through the clear coat and color. It didnt touch a thing untill I went on a long highway trip, the air pressure increase must have pushed it around. BUT I really like the JMS lower grill, fits well, no rubbing, and protectes the HE from any debris larger than 1/4".

blk 04

Established Member
My car is still stock so Im lovin this thread, keep them coming,Thanks GUYS

Boosted 03

Established Member
No regrets yet, I've used this forum since day one to choose my mods wisely. Some of you guys with regrets are the reason that others like myself have none. You posted your issues and we went with the good products. I'm currently holding out still for a KB/Whipple. I'm wanting more feedback on the 2.4L, but hear that whipple is coming out with a 3300? Time will tell! Great thread! :banana:

astippich

Established Member
pld, there is someone in the exhaust section desperately looking for a mrt catted h. I regret not pullying sooner.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I regret all of my exhaust mods.

Bassani Headers because they leak. The installation was expensive and not worth the gains and additional noise.

Bassani X pipe. The cats are always screwing up. I'm on my 3rd set and not worth the additional noise. It also hangs too damn low.

Steeda catback. WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too much drone. This mod was the biggest waste of 600 dollars. No improvement on the dyno over a stock catback. ZERO!

If I was to do it all over again a KB would be my frist mod. I would leave the exhaust stock, throw in a solid axle, replace the injectors, maf, tb, shifter, cai.

Spec3i clutch. WAY WAY WAY too grabby for my taste.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
redsvtcobra said:
Think I am starting to hate the rpmoutlet motoblue 2.93 pulley and 74.5" gatorback belt :burn:
Im surprised more people havent metioned that...That is THE shittiest set up EVAR....Any mod that has you standing on the side of a road sucks...

Users who are viewing this thread