what mods do you regret?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Great thread. Actually one that is useful for a change! I crossed a couple things off my list thanks to this thread. TTT for the night guys.

BLK_03

Established Member
Buying street tires for an 18" rim...

Skip all that noise. Should have gone with drag radials. Nittos, BFG's, whatever (actually BFG's will be here Friday).

Sorry, that's a weak "regret" mod, but all I can come up with. Thanks to this board and modular, I have made well-researched buying decisions!

FordFreak

Established Member
BLK_03 said:
Buying street tires for an 18" rim...

Skip all that noise. Should have gone with drag radials. Nittos, BFG's, whatever (actually BFG's will be here Friday).

Sorry, that's a weak "regret" mod, but all I can come up with. Thanks to this board and modular, I have made well-researched buying decisions!

Yea, love this thread!! My car is still stock so Im lovin this thread. :-D

merp

Captain Insane-o
Established Member
I regret ordering the MM SFC's a week before the HANS Racecraft SFC group buy was announced :)

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
My 2.80 pulley, belt, and STEEDA strut tower bar, because none of it can be used with the Whipple (it just bugs me I spent the money and can't use it).

I also regret my AutoMeter AF gauge. It's the Lunar seried pillar mounted guage. You cannot see the lights on the thing in the daytime, and the damn thing bounces around so much I can't tell what the hell it's saying.

I also regret telling my wife I wanted some of those billet door locks, you know like the ones on the Bullit Mustangs. My wife ended up buying me the wrong kind (I don't like them), but I don't want to upset her by telling her, because she was so excited to be buying me something for my car. Now they are on the car and they bug me. :cuss:

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Grey03Cobra said:
My 2.80 pulley, belt, and STEEDA strut tower bar, because none of it can be used with the Whipple (it just bugs me I spent the money and can't use it).

I also regret my AutoMeter AF gauge. It's the Lunar seried pillar mounted guage. You cannot see the lights on the thing in the daytime, and the damn thing bounces around so much I can't tell what the hell it's saying.

I also regret telling my wife I wanted some of those billet door locks, you know like the ones on the Bullit Mustangs. My wife ended up buying me the wrong kind (I don't like them), but I don't want to upset her by telling her, because she was so excited to be buying me something for my car. Now they are on the car and they bug me. :cuss:

Let's see a pic of the strut tower brace? I'll buy it from you!

maliclipse

Enormous Member
Established Member
Cruise control doesn't work well with the Accufab TB?

maddrabitt said:
i gotta go with the densecharger also. I like my accufab throttle body, but its too bad the crusie control is a pain in the arse with it

FordFreak

Established Member
Grey03Cobra said:
My wife ended up buying me the wrong kind (I don't like them), but I don't want to upset her by telling her, because she was so excited to be buying me something for my car. Now they are on the car and they bug me. :cuss:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Let's see a pic of the strut tower brace? I'll buy it from you!

I'm actually going to try to use it. I've already got holes drilled in my strut tower from when I installed the brace before. I figure I can take the original mounting ends of the brace off, and weld them to a new custom bar. That way I have a bar and don't have to drill more holes.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Grey03Cobra said:
I'm actually going to try to use it. I've already got holes drilled in my strut tower from when I installed the brace before. I figure I can take the original mounting ends of the brace off, and weld them to a new custom bar. That way I have a bar and don't have to drill more holes.

cool!
:pepper:

drkchk03svt

Established Member
There is not one mod on my car that I regret! The only thing I can think of is.... I wish they made a DR that was better in the rain.

lethal

Established Member
Well, I regret the Densecharger, the very first model. Depending on installation, it could be great, it could be lean, and it could be falling apart.

Worst part was I purposely held off ordering until the verdicts were in -- the, of course, one week after mine was shipped the sh1tstorm of complaints blew through.

I put it on and used it for ~8 months. The FIPK is much better.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
um lets see headers (waste of money, improved sound but expensive and leak), h&r springs (they suck, too low and continue to sag lower and lower every month), ported blower (minimal gain, too flaky and hard to get one of the good ones), slotted rotors (dont do it, go cross drilled), aftermarket MAF (huge mistake dont do it, stock one works better and tunes easier as well), cheap f'ckn pullies dont be DUMB go billetflow,
aftermarket sparc plugs (another complete waste of time and money, go triple platnium motorcraft made for your car, car has fewer problems with them).

also learned the obvious lesson but a lot of the aftermarket stuff out there is crap just so you know, you really have to hunt around and read up on specs for things, half the time the "new" stuff is worse then the stock stuff. too much cheaply made crap to make a quick buck off of people desperate for more HP.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Excellent topic...rate it...

I rate this thread... "5"! Excellent topic.

All-around biggest regrets are the Pro-5.0 and the Bassani X pipe. The pro-5.0 did nothing for shifting and introduced noise, and the Bassani X made the car sound like a 74 F100 pickup truck with glasspacks.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
BuffDigits said:
um lets see headers (waste of money, improved sound but expensive and leak), h&r springs (they suck, too low and continue to sag lower and lower every month), ported blower (minimal gain, too flaky and hard to get one of the good ones), slotted rotors (dont do it, go cross drilled), aftermarket MAF (huge mistake dont do it, stock one works better and tunes easier as well), cheap f'ckn pullies dont be DUMB go billetflow,
aftermarket sparc plugs (another complete waste of time and money, go triple platnium motorcraft made for your car, car has fewer problems with them).

also learned the obvious lesson but a lot of the aftermarket stuff out there is crap just so you know, you really have to hunt around and read up on specs for things, half the time the "new" stuff is worse then the stock stuff. too much cheaply made crap to make a quick buck off of people desperate for more HP.

Should have gotten the H&R race... They dont sag at all.

Users who are viewing this thread