what mods do you regret?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
damn, i'm really glad i started this thread....looks like it will benefit a lot of Terminator owners
keep em coming

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Anybody regret their aftermarket HE? I am thinking about getting one and want to know if anybody hates theirs, and why.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
So far I dont regret anything. I researched alot before I ordered any parts. Although I guess I am starting to regret getting black!

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
vipergts281 said:
So what is it exactly that makes the three of you dislike the Procharger?

Well i can go on for hours explaing my and the others Prochargers problems but ive typed it so many time here lol. If you do a search you can find alot of info that we have posted.

Some issues were the poor low end power curve, and the dumb 6 rib belt design.

Lawman85

Banned
BoneCrusher said:
I'm starting to regret my Avatar after looking at BuffDigits.

How about drkchk03svt's? Now i'm jealous..

I regret installing the Enzo paddle shifters. Seemed like a good idea, but is a real pain on a daily driver. Changing out the supercharger for twin turbos wasn't the brightest idea either. Makes the car sound funny. And I can't believe I let that ricer convince me he could make my Cobra all-wheel drive, lesson learned!

WDW MKR

Established Member
BuffDigits said:
um lets see headers (waste of money, improved sound but expensive and leak), h&r springs (they suck, too low and continue to sag lower and lower every month), ported blower (minimal gain, too flaky and hard to get one of the good ones), slotted rotors (dont do it, go cross drilled), aftermarket MAF (huge mistake dont do it, stock one works better and tunes easier as well), cheap f'ckn pullies dont be DUMB go billetflow,
aftermarket sparc plugs (another complete waste of time and money, go triple platnium motorcraft made for your car, car has fewer problems with them).

also learned the obvious lesson but a lot of the aftermarket stuff out there is crap just so you know, you really have to hunt around and read up on specs for things, half the time the "new" stuff is worse then the stock stuff. too much cheaply made crap to make a quick buck off of people desperate for more HP.

I'm a little suprised by a lot of your regrets...
My H&R springs are fantastic, and remain at the same height they were when I installed them.
Headers are expensive, and can leak, but have shown huge gains in the midrange. I will agree that the bang-for-the-buck is debatable.
Definitely agree on the pulley issue, though there are a few other good options (i.e. Reichard Racing).
Ported blowers have shown awesome gains, so long as you go with a good vendor (i.e Apten, Amazon, Seigmeiher (sp?)). I think a few had problems with the newer Apten port.
Spark plugs are a definite improvement. My NGKs run better than any Motorcraft platinum plug. Platinum sucks in boosted cars. I'd also like to try some Autolite AR103s, as the Autolite plugs worked great in my GN. Oddly enough, I think Motorcraft plugs are Autolites.
I'd much rather have slotted rotors over cross-drilled. Unless the holes were "cast" rather than "drilled", they will definitely crack over time.
Agree with the MAF issue, except for the new SCT unit. I plan to go with that, or the MAFextender.

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
Juiced46 said:
Well i can go on for hours explaing my and the others Prochargers problems but ive typed it so many time here lol. If you do a search you can find alot of info that we have posted.

Some issues were the poor low end power curve, and the dumb 6 rib belt design.
Thanks. I'll do a search on it.

red03dave

Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
HEADERS.. They leak, they do nothing for power, and were way to expensive to install and buy. Not worth the time or money.
Which headers and why do you hate em'? How much power did you gain/lose?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Lawman85 said:
How about drkchk03svt's? Now i'm jealous..

I regret installing the Enzo paddle shifters. Seemed like a good idea, but is a real pain on a daily driver. Changing out the supercharger for twin turbos wasn't the brightest idea either. Makes the car sound funny. And I can't believe I let that ricer convince me he could make my Cobra all-wheel drive, lesson learned!

Do you really have twin turbos? Got any pics of this set up?

Having my 2000 mile Eaton ported by Kevin (rev-in) and Haveight. Lost a good 30 hp. Check out my dyno sheet running 15 psi (2.8 upper/2# lower), dyno-tuned by SCT. Should have been over 500 hp. These guys have completely blown me off so I guess there will never be a resolution. I've since installed a Whipple and gained 140 hp and they claimed it had to be my car, not their port job. Right.
dyno8_28_04.jpg

BruntzySVT

Established Member
unit213 said:
The only mod I regret is the UPR ORX. It's sitting in my garage with only 3hrs usage. That thing sounds absolutely horrible. Such a POS compared to my Bassani x-pipe.

3hrs of usage....my first 3 hrs were not that good either but after a couple of days the thing sounded great! UPR o/r x pipe sounds absolutely amazing!

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Not a thing!!

I have done my research on all my mods before doing them, and I don't regret a single one. Some people on here were guinny pigs for the mods I've done but none the less that's what we're all here for, to find things out and let others know about them. I was a guinny pig for MRT's newest version of the H-pipe along with 03Snake and a few others and it's helped a lot of other people on here decide on that pipe for their midpipe. Keep this thread coming!!

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
none, everything is a learning experience!!! lol

I wish I didnt have to spend all the money I have to get my exhaust combo perfect. Ive gone through so many exhaust combos its rediculous

Users who are viewing this thread