what mods do you regret?

vipergts281

Established Member
9A Pilot said:
Im surprised more people havent metioned that...That is THE shittiest set up EVAR....Any mod that has you standing on the side of a road sucks...
Why is it so bad, because of the belt size? Or because of the pulley brand?

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
I know it's a Temrinator forum but I had to chime in.

UPR aluminum a/c knobs. Piss-poor finish, they look like they were made by a mentally retarded 8 year old. The first set of door lock pins I ordered didn't fit, so I returned them for a set that actually fit for a change. Their shifter bezel also has a poor finish, and could not be bolted to the plastic like the instructions said so I had to glue the crap. Looks good now but was a PITA. Aside from the Blue Thunder shifter (which shifts amazingly well!), I'll never buy anything from UPR again.

Autometer C2 gauges. I've got a fp and a/f and JESUS these things are way, way too bright. Every time I drove the car at night I had these two intense blue lasers searing my retinas and gave me a headache. Turning them down to an acceptable level only blacked out my dash. They looked too ricey in person, too.

MeccaTune HIDs. They look awesome with my projectors but I'm currently on my third set of ballasts b/c they keep crapping out. But as long as they're willing to exchange them for free, I'll keep getting new ballasts from them.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
vipergts281 said:
Why is it so bad, because of the belt size? Or because of the pulley brand?
Oh the belts are fine..It's those motoblue-brand pullies that RPM sells that are garbage...Lemmie tell ya,belts arnt cheap & replacing them every 1000 miles is udder BS.The only thing worse is the fact that RPM won't make it right.So whats the solution?A pully made by whipple..

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
00SVTdubs said:
none, everything is a learning experience!!! lol

I wish I didnt have to spend all the money I have to get my exhaust combo perfect. Ive gone through so many exhaust combos its rediculous
I'm with him. I have changed my exhaust several times. 4 different midpipes, 3 catbacks, 4 different tips. I am nuts with the exhaust. Now I need some different headers, so I can change those 3-4 times.

My regrets are buying stuff for the eaton and getting springs and not coil overs.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
J69gordon said:
Only mod I regret is the "wife" mod.... damn car would be fast if not for that mod...

Jayson

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good one

BTW, pulleys were a waste of time on my car. I would never do headers again on these cars!

Last edited:

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Worst part I've gotten so far has to be my Flowtech X-pipe. The pos was a bitch to fit up and then leaked like a friggin sieve. Worst X ever.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Cosmetics mainly. I had clear altezzas on silver. For about a week. Then went to all red lens. Looks pretty cool. Going back to original when I get my Ninosport tint overlay in the next day or two.

Also, do not get the lunar AC gauge insert. It does not light up lunar at all. It's just a white face in place of the black face. None of the white face is lit up.

Lastly, removed second upper grill insert from JRS(?). Had mill finish. Didn't work well with silver, so I got their black. Chipped up like crazy. Pulled off upper last week and went back with original delete with Cobra emblem.

I have the UPR air kit ready to install now, but read into these posts too much. I am flip flopping on which CAI. All the respectable car nuts are doing different things. I'm just gonna run with it. If I don't like it, I'll change it out.

I will NEVER change my borla stingers. Perfect fit, sound, etc.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Modded Mystic said:
Great thread! Only bolt on's I've done are K&N FIPK,QA1's,and air bags. Not alot of mods yet, but the ones I have work really good. IMO

what do you mean by air bags?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
04cobratorchred said:
Steeda Tri-Ax can't stand it
x2. I have one on my LX and swore I wouldn't buy another one. So I bought one for the Cobra :bash: I put a Pro 5.0 handle on it. It feels better but on my 3rd and 5th gear, if I am not careful, I hit the buttons on the CD player, changing CD's :mj:

moddedmystic

Established Member
Air bags...

Juiced-03 said:
what do you mean by air bags?

Juiced-03, Air bags are very old school but they work really well.I've used them alot in other drag cars i've had. Basically its an air bladder that fits inside your coil spring and then you inflate it. They help equalize the load on the tire helping traction. They're very cheap,I paid $60 for my kit through JEG'S.AirLift is the company and the part number is 60897.The best part is you dont have to take anything apart to install the kit.Best mod for the buck!

Blk 02

Established Member
Chris_H said:
x2. I have one on my LX and swore I wouldn't buy another one. So I bought one for the Cobra :bash: I put a Pro 5.0 handle on it. It feels better but on my 3rd and 5th gear, if I am not careful, I hit the buttons on the CD player, changing CD's :mj:

Are you sure you dont have the shifter base on the right way. My buddy did this and it took me an hour to figure out what he did. He was going to put the stock shifter on untill we flipped it around and it's no in a much better position.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Blk 02 said:
Are you sure you dont have the shifter base on the right way. My buddy did this and it took me an hour to figure out what he did. He was going to put the stock shifter on untill we flipped it around and it's no in a much better position.
I didnt think it could go on in any direction. I will take a look at it this week when i have time and let you know. Thats interesting. :read:

ercizm

Established Member
The Densecharger. Looks like something you can make at home depot.
The flowmaster cat back didn't fit and I had to have a muffler shop hack it in.

Users who are viewing this thread