What locals around here to me do to their c6 vette in perfect shape

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
i replied here to find out exactly why it concerns you,

what exactly makes you think it bothers me that you think it's the dumbest thing?

Its just funny/sad when another man is concerned about another man's property that doesn't effect you,

but after reading your other post on this thread, now i see why. Theres a $1000 race between you too. When that time comes, you better put your money where your mouth is, with all the comments you made toward that car.

Just make sure you don't get your ego bruised and money taken away by his "dumbest thing" set up

yes sir!!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Way to talk to a site moderator? Is he not a regular guy like the rest of us? Can't handle a little trash talk? Sorry I insulted the almighty superior person.
Well, he's has to wear a helmet all the time, so we treat him a little special. Really though..trash talk is only allowed in SD.
I'm as calm as they come my friend. I post a picture and you all jump down my throat over an opinion I have....
I didn't jump down your throat, just making a observation to your reaction of somebody's car.
No 497whp and runs 10's nothing special
Vids or pics of time slips?

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Well, he's has to wear a helmet all the time, so we treat him a little special. Really though..trash talk is only allowed in SD.

I didn't jump down your throat, just making a observation to your reaction of somebody's car.

Vids or pics of time slips?

I think you guys have me all wrong lol but your opinion on me can be what you wish.

But yes sorry about the smack talk. It's what car guys do.

Yep I have videos and pics
Picture of slip
image.jpg
Here is my speedo video of my 10.8 run and so if you think I'm BSing look at the videos in my channel of me racing my old 2011 hellion TT car that's described in my sig
http://youtu.be/oFx3Aa8QLB8

Last edited:

adidasUNT8

Established Member
I know how you feel OP.. a good friend of mine is putting a mechanical fuel pump on his C5Z...
image_zpsttvn4bw5.jpg

Two other buddies of mine are also running mechanical fuel pumps.... can't fix stupid! :-D
image_zpszimrtr6b.jpg

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
It is... but a mechanical fuel pump vs in-tank pumps like most stock cars have..

I understand. But I don't understand ripping the fuel injection off of a vette when people have gone plenty fast with fuel injection. In my eyes it ruined the car. But for some reason everyone jumps in and says I hope he takes your money like I was saying my car is so bad ass when I never said one thing about it lol

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
In fact, I have a 2014 coyote in my driveway right now that I'm installing a Paxton 2200 and stainless works longtubes. I work on fords more then Chevys. Actually the only Chevy I've ever worked on was my vette doing the cam. But putting that ford motor in that vette I feel is pointless.

RSbeast

Established Member
I'm guessing you just want to continue arguing until someone agrees with you?

I've converted cars to carb before. As already mentioned, what you lose is not what he likely cares about.

Just taking a stock LS1 and making it carb you'll pick up a bunch of HP simply due to runner length and the center position of the air intake/longer atomization period. You lose tq off idle, lose mpg and some drive ability. So is it worth going carb on a new modern car to just putz around in? No, it's awful.

BUT the caveat of this being a racecar; doesn't make his choice wrong if that's the road he is taking. It is much cheaper and easier if A to B at WOT is your goal on a budget.

Not everyone has the same goals as you.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I highly doubt the benefits of using a carb due to atomization/cooling are comparable to the benefits of being able to run a more aggressive fuel/timing curve on MPFI and monitoring it with an aftermarket wideband.

This is a prime example of someone ditching a proper fuel injected setup to go with something simpler because its easier for them to work with.

Also, a water/meth setup comes to mind as being quite a bit easier to install to reduce EGT/cylinder temps than pulling motors. Again, this comes down to a "I aint gonna tune with them there newfangled computers when I can turn a screw!" mentality.

I'm with this guy, stupid build is stupid.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I highly doubt the benefits of using a carb due to atomization/cooling are comparable to the benefits of being able to run a more aggressive fuel/timing curve on MPFI and monitoring it with an aftermarket wideband.

This is a prime example of someone ditching a proper fuel injected setup to go with something simpler because its easier for them to work with.

Also, a water/meth setup comes to mind as being quite a bit easier to install to reduce EGT/cylinder temps than pulling motors. Again, this comes down to a "I aint gonna tune with them there newfangled computers when I can turn a screw!" mentality.

I missed this, so sorry if I'm now derailing the thread.

As far as it being stupid, I still lean towards there's a reason it's there. Carbs are not simple, they're mechanically complex and much like EFI, a great number of them have a fairly steep learning curve. The only thing you can tune with screws on a carburetor is the idle circuit. Useless if you're tuning WOT operation.

If he was really doing it because it was easier, there'd be a stupid edelbrock afb clone on there, not a billet holley.

You may be partially right about not wanting to learn EFI, but to call it easy is a stretch IMHO.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
I'm guessing you just want to continue arguing until someone agrees with you?

I've converted cars to carb before. As already mentioned, what you lose is not what he likely cares about.

Just taking a stock LS1 and making it carb you'll pick up a bunch of HP simply due to runner length and the center position of the air intake/longer atomization period. You lose tq off idle, lose mpg and some drive ability. So is it worth going carb on a new modern car to just putz around in? No, it's awful.

BUT the caveat of this being a racecar; doesn't make his choice wrong if that's the road he is taking. It is much cheaper and easier if A to B at WOT is your goal on a budget.

Not everyone has the same goals as you.

Actually no lol I just posted a picture and my opinion of it. Everyone else is saying you're going to get drug, pay up, you better put your money where your mouth is. But yet I havnt even said one Time in this thread I can beat him. I could really care less if his car is in fact faster. I just don't see the point in doing it. But yet you all keep bringing up that you think I'm mad and butt hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread