What locals around here to me do to their c6 vette in perfect shape

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I don't have pics of the timeslips so I must be lying. By no means is this my first rodeo, and if you are so uneducated to where you believe a carb setup can't run consistently then you should hit your local drag strip and maybe start paying attention and asking a few questions. Not to mention the carb was invented wayyyyyy before you were even born, so why on earth would you make believe they could not be consistent on a car ?

Whats your setup? A buddy of mine had a nasty carb'd 331 in his red SN95 cobra. Was a dart block, had a ported Parker Funnel Web intake manifold, 1025 race demon, bennett racing cam, AFR 225s...car went deep into the 10s, recall one of his better ETs being a 10.1x around 132mph...would have gone faster with a better trans setup, but he was rowing a TKO!!!

Venomous 03

Established Member
There is no doubt a carb is consistent.

But more consistent than EFI? No way in hell.

No need to get booty tickled.

A84gt

Whats your setup? A buddy of mine had a nasty carb'd 331 in his red SN95 cobra. Was a dart block, had a ported Parker Funnel Web intake manifold, 1025 race demon, bennett racing cam, AFR 225s...car went deep into the 10s, recall one of his better ETs being a 10.1x around 132mph...would have gone faster with a better trans setup, but he was rowing a TKO!!!
I sold the car about a year ago, but it was a 9.7:1 347 out of the box ford z304 heads, victor jr Intake, BG mighty demon 750 carb and a mild hyd. cam. It ran a best of 11.01@124 on motor and 10.19@135 on a small shot, all through a t5 lol

A84gt

There is no doubt a carb is consistent.

But more consistent than EFI? No way in hell.

No need to get booty tickled.
No one stated it was MORE consistent than efi, it was mentioned that it can be just as effective. I'm not bootylicked by any means, but there is also no need to call my statements bullshit.

A84gt

PS. Your buddy's car sounds like one nasty little motor, must have sounded awesome

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I sold the car about a year ago, but it was a 9.7:1 347 out of the box ford z304 heads, victor jr Intake, BG mighty demon 750 carb and a mild hyd. cam. It ran a best of 11.01@124 on motor and 10.19@135 on a small shot, all through a t5 lol

Nice little setup! I can't even remember how many T5s I killed, lol... I eventually put a 3550 in my 94.

PS. Your buddy's car sounds like one nasty little motor, must have sounded awesome

It was a helluva a motor, believe it was around 12:1... his older brothers always had/and were working on some real fast mustangs, guess he got tired of losing races to them :D

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Domestic? No... That's only with the shitty Fords and Moreparts. GM's PCMs are very capable, and so is their aftermarket - no handheld garbage necessary.

Interesting, ill call my buddy with this sc'd C6 and tell him he doesnt know what hes talking about then.

He too wishes they had something similar to the evo/sti and dsm guys have.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Interesting, ill call my buddy with this sc'd C6 and tell him he doesnt know what hes talking about then.

what rock has he been living under? HPtuners and EFI live are great real time tuning tools and have been around for years. There have been others as well..

mrlrd1

Established Member

Please do. Just because he has a blown Corvette and you HAD a DSM doesn't mean either of you have a damn clue.

Users who are viewing this thread