What locals around here to me do to their c6 vette in perfect shape

Zemedici

Established Member
That is an F3 ProCharged, Z-headed, 408 SBF monster! Running alcohol....Been following his build for awhile, he goes by comecorrect on corvetteforum.com ...
LS1vettevsSBFvette_zps4d820133.jpg

fd2c88fc-b711-4007-9372-edf0667d9f1c_zpsc4558ab6.jpg

20140805_170642_zps0f345694.jpg

That. is. insane.

95gts5oh

wat
Established Member
I don't see anything wrong with it :??:

It's not like it's ruined forever, wiring harnesses can be put back.

Maybe it's a drag car and he doesn't feel like having it tuned every time he makes a small change. Being handcuffed to a tuner sucks when you constantly make changes to your setup, ie: make porting changes to your intake, go from a 4150 to a 4500 intake, cam swap, etc..

Now if all you like to do is throw a blower on your car and you're done then hell yeah, stay efi and swing from the nuts of your favorite tuner.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I don't see anything wrong with it :??:

It's not like it's ruined forever, wiring harnesses can be put back.

Maybe it's a drag car and he doesn't feel like having it tuned every time he makes a small change. Being handcuffed to a tuner sucks when you constantly make changes to your setup, ie: make porting changes to your intake, go from a 4150 to a 4500 intake, cam swap, etc..

Now if all you like to do is throw a blower on your car and you're done then hell yeah, stay efi and swing from the nuts of your favorite tuner.

The sad part is most other platforms have advanced to the point you arent at the mercy of a "local dude with a dyno", you could pull the file from the ecu, make your changes, re-apply it yourself. The domestic world is the only place where they are still in the stone age for aftermarket tuning solutions.

Evo, STi, etc you can all tune yourself if you put a little time and effort. Hell you can grab tunes from people with equal mods and just run those if you wanted to. None of which has to be done with some big name industry tuner shop that marry's a hendheld to your car.

95gts5oh

wat
Established Member
The sad part is most other platforms have advanced to the point you arent at the mercy of a "local dude with a dyno", you could pull the file from the ecu, make your changes, re-apply it yourself. The domestic world is the only place where they are still in the stone age for aftermarket tuning solutions.

Evo, STi, etc you can all tune yourself if you put a little time and effort. Hell you can grab tunes from people with equal mods and just run those if you wanted to. None of which has to be done with some big name industry tuner shop that marry's a hendheld to your car.

Honestly that sounds great, we need our aftermarket to step it up then. It's one of the primary reasons I decided to go holley efi on my build.

Now I know it sounds like I was pro-carb but that was for a drag car. I want all of the benefits of efi which is why I decided to stick with it lol. Carbs do have their place in the world, I was just trying to exemplify that.

Venomous 03

Established Member
EFI makes more power,more consistent,better response.
Carb has less room for failure,easier to tune,less $ to build.

EFI just makes a motor more efficient,thats why we use it now days.
Carb,EFI,they both work perfectly fine

svtshadow

Banned
Why does it have one cam, when all other sports cars in the modern era are running 4 cams? Can we call that dumb engineering or build?

mrlrd1

Established Member
The domestic world is the only place where they are still in the stone age for aftermarket tuning solutions. None of which has to be done with some big name industry tuner shop that marry's a hendheld to your car.

Domestic? No... That's only with the shitty Fords and Moreparts. GM's PCMs are very capable, and so is their aftermarket - no handheld garbage necessary.

Blackness03

Established Member
That is an F3 ProCharged, Z-headed, 408 SBF monster! Running alcohol....Been following his build for awhile, he goes by comecorrect on corvetteforum.com ...
LS1vettevsSBFvette_zps4d820133.jpg

fd2c88fc-b711-4007-9372-edf0667d9f1c_zpsc4558ab6.jpg

20140805_170642_zps0f345694.jpg

It is a monster for sure. The shop doing it is right down the road from me. Cant wait to see it make some passes

A84gt

A carb can make just as much power as an EFI setup. Had my carb tweaked once on the dyno. Made very good numbers and ran the car for 6 years and have a stack of time slips showing the consistency. But like mentioned before EFI or carb they both work

svtshadow

Banned
A carb can make just as much power as an EFI setup. Had my carb tweaked once on the dyno. Made very good numbers and ran the car for 6 years and have a stack of time slips showing the consistency. But like mentioned before EFI or carb they both work

Pics of said time slips or call it bullshit!

slamdcoop0428

Established Member

A84gt

Pics of said time slips or call it bullshit!

I don't have pics of the timeslips so I must be lying. By no means is this my first rodeo, and if you are so uneducated to where you believe a carb setup can't run consistently then you should hit your local drag strip and maybe start paying attention and asking a few questions. Not to mention the carb was invented wayyyyyy before you were even born, so why on earth would you make believe they could not be consistent on a car ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I don't have pics of the timeslips so I must be lying. By no means is this my first rodeo, and if you are so uneducated to where you believe a carb setup can't run consistently then you should hit your local drag strip and maybe start paying attention and asking a few questions.

+1

The problem is you hear of all these people running like crap with carbs. Inevitably you look under the hood and there's an Edelbrock carb that was taken straight out of the box and slapped on an engine with zero tuning, except for the idle circuit. Of course it's gonna run like crap. The only thing you can stick an out of the box edelbrock on and run halfway decent is mild small block 350 at sea level.

Tune a carb and I mean REALLY tune it, to your specific combination, at your specific altitude and for your specific intended purpose and you'll make about the same max power as you would with a properly dialed in EFI system.

The one area that EFI will always be better in is adaptability to changing driving conditions. You can take an EFI car from sea level to 12,000 feet and it'll run properly and drive correctly. You can't do that in a carb without metering rod and jet changes. For many carbs that means taking them off the vehicle. For that purpose I always want EFI and why I'll be building a system for my 1969 Firebird.

If all I was doing was trailering the car to Bandimere and back, I'd have a big Holley on there.

Users who are viewing this thread