What locals around here to me do to their c6 vette in perfect shape

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Smh...

image.jpg

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Drag car? Carbs make sense for this. There's only one real aspect you need to tune and that's WOT power delivery.

If you're not worried about fuel consumption, drive quality, throttle response etc. a well tuned carb will deliver just as much power as a well setup EFI system.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I must be missing something. Looks like a drag specific motor to me. Guess I am just not "chebby-dumb enough" to see what the OP is trying to portray about the vehicle.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
True but EFI allows to be morep precise and more consistent.

Since we're looking specifically at a C6 Corvette that didn't have adaptive fueling strategies, I'd counter that in a drag specific arena, there's really no difference here. Once you're WOT the computer is no longer pulling data from it's sensors, but working off a base table calibration. It's the digital analog of the carburetor.

Now if we want to look at adaptive fueling strategies like cars that utilize wideband oxygen sensors and don't have an open/closed loop cycle, you have a point.

As with everything there are positives and negatives to consider. For instance, the atomization of fuel particles in the intake has a cooling effect on the charge air that can allow you to run more compression/timing. To get the same benefit from EFI, you need direct injection. My point is that if you're spending money to make a race car, there's a reason for everything you do. Especially in a competitive environment. You look at your rules/regs, your budget and goals, then choose the best path for you and your car.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Why does it concern you OP?

Because I don't see the gain in going to a carbureted setup on a 2005 vette that was perfectly fine and having to run throttle cables and a carbureted fuel system. Sorry if it bothers you that I think it's one of the dumbest things you could do lol.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Because I don't see the gain in going to a carbureted setup on a 2005 vette that was perfectly fine and having to run throttle cables and a carbureted fuel system. Sorry if it bothers you that I think it's one of the dumbest things you could do lol.

Post #7 disagrees with you for this specific drag car.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Well when UGR and AMS start putting carb setups on their "drag" specific Lambos and GTR's. Maybe I'll change my tune.

If you read his post closely, he posted exactly why there was an advantage for that particular car/advantage. Lambos and GTRs likely don't have the same issue.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member

I swear, it is about as dumb as taking a Chevy pickup truck and doing a burnout in your driveway, AND THEN posting the video of it on a Ford website, huh?

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Sorry for the post guys. Must be a bunch of carbureted c6 vette fans on the forum. Sorry to piss all you babies off lol.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Im a guy who actually had a c10 with a Hot Cam'd LS 5.3 that was converted to carb... it sucked.

I went the carb route because the c10 was an '81 and was much easier/quicker to get going carb then a full EFI conversion.

Should have gone EFI...

Users who are viewing this thread