What kind of brake rotors and pads are cobra owners using

buzzsaw

Looking to install drilled and slotted rotors on my 04 mystichrome cobra #933 and want to know what the you guys are using,car is not my everyday driver,thanks in advance

weaselp1

Established Member
I have 14 inch brembos on front (FTBR brembo kit) with slotted rotors and flotating hats and ferodo ds 2500 pads and brake ducts; i have the 13 inch FTBR with slotted rotors on the rear with hawk HPS pads. All with SS lines; the cobra stops quick and no brake fade...ever :)

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
If you do a search there is a vast amount of info on this subject.
However, after my research I still can't make up my mind. I really want the Baer erradispeeds rotors but for $595 front and $495 rear that's a lot of $

BMR Tech

I use some slotted rotors from rotorpros.net

IMAG0604.jpg

They are cost effective, and start life as centric blanks - which are very good products for the money.

Last edited:

f2hatch

Established Member
I know some guys here run the rotor pros off ebay. Might be what I get to hold me over till the big brake is ordered

03' White Snake

Established Member
Powerstop rotors and pads here. I high temp painted the hats and slots to improve the look. They come zinc coated.

photobucket-38731-1362847722112_zps2355c94d.jpg

photobucket-51069-1364650257174_zpsb2eb853f.jpg

Last edited:

joshcarp81

Established Member
I just did the centric cryo. Rotors and power stop pads and I'm happy. I think the rotors were 200ish and pads were 100ish I don't plan on road racing so its fine for me.

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
So far just Hawk HPS pads front and rear for me. Still have a few things on my list before I go through the whole brake system. But as far as the pads go, much better bite than OEM and dusting is almost non existent. Then again, I don't really beat on my brakes either.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
So far just Hawk HPS pads front and rear for me. Still have a few things on my list before I go through the whole brake system. But as far as the pads go, much better bite than OEM and dusting is almost non existent. Then again, I don't really beat on my brakes either.

So your seeing almost no dust with Hawk HPS pads?

03' White Snake

Established Member
I have EBC yellowstuff pads, they stop incredible but dust like crazy. My powerstop pads work really well and very low dust.

Zemedici

Established Member
My HPS pads dust Like it's going out of style, but I would rather have dirty wheels than a wrecked vehicle if it came down to it.

Hawk HPS pads front and rear
Powerstop drilled slotted rotors in the front

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
All four zinc rotors plus pads from rotorspros slotted and drilled($280). Great luck so far...stop better than stock

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
He must have gotten the only set of HPS that doesn't dust.

:lol: Well, I don't drive the car super hard and it only gets maybe 3-4k miles a year and lots of washes over that time. So apparently I'm just washing it off before it accumulates.

matt87

Established Member
i have baer decela rotors and ebc redstuff pads with ss braided front brake line. stops nice.

stangfreak

Established Member
next weekend I am going to be installing baer rotors with hawk ceramic pads all around. should be a fun little project.

Users who are viewing this thread