What kind of brake rotors and pads are cobra owners using

I have Baer drilled and slotted rotors in the rear and I'm waiting on my Baer fronts to arrive. They look great and seem to have the same performance as the oem Brembos they replaced.

va boy

Established Member
Rotors- Rotor pros front and rear drilled/slotted
Pads- Hawk ceramic front and rear
Stops well, and looks nice too.

IMG_0943.jpg

Last edited:

cyclegrip

Established Member
I got the powerstop front and rear kit from stage3, $324 to my door with drilled and slotted zinc plated rotors and ceramic brake pads

jjk23

Established Member
Which type of rotors will whistle because those are the one's I don't want to purchase lol.

The "whistle" you mentioned is most likely a brake "squeak". The squeak is normally related to pads that contain extremely abrasive materials.
Get some two-piece rotors and some crazy pads, then you can have all kinds of noises.
I've had Hawk HP Plus pads and DBA rotors on one of my other cars.
The setup worked well, but the pads created a lot of dust and destroyed the rotors.

weaselp1

Established Member
The "whistle" you mentioned is most likely a brake "squeak". The squeak is normally related to pads that contain extremely abrasive materials.
Get some two-piece rotors and some crazy pads, then you can have all kinds of noises.
I've had Hawk HP Plus pads and DBA rotors on one of my other cars.
The setup worked well, but the pads created a lot of dust and destroyed the rotors.

I bet that setup did work well...you are running a track only pad on the street! :)

WannaWhine

Alaskan Steed
Established Member
What is the trick with the rear calipers? I'm in the middle of throwing a Powerstop kit on my Cobra and I cannot for the life of me get the rear pads to fit over the rotor.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Im rocking a StopTech 14" kit...stops much much better than the factory fronts...much more confidence inspiring too.

cman7482

Established Member
What is the trick with the rear calipers? I'm in the middle of throwing a Powerstop kit on my Cobra and I cannot for the life of me get the rear pads to fit over the rotor.

I found on mine you have to have the special tool to screw the pistons back into the caliper.. Then you have to line up the grooves in the piston to the rivets on the pad to get them to go on..

wmfateam

Established Member
Do you have the cube tool to turn the piston back into the caliper?

jbou91

Established Member
Bumping this thread

Just purchased drilled/slotted rotors from rotorpros.net with hawk hps yellow pads for $350 shipped all around. You can't beat that at all.

Boogie Chillin

Pew, pew, ... pew, pew, pew.
Established Member
I have 14 inch brembos on front (FTBR brembo kit) with slotted rotors and flotating hats and ferodo ds 2500 pads and brake ducts; i have the 13 inch FTBR with slotted rotors on the rear with hawk HPS pads. All with SS lines; the cobra stops quick and no brake fade...ever :)

Ditto

IMG_2324_zpsallj62md.jpg

Last edited:

04cobruh

Established Member
Factory cut rotors and hawk HPS pads. I'll probably end up getting some power stop rotors down the road.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Factory cut rotors and hawk HPS pads. I'll probably end up getting some power stop rotors down the road.

If your still on factory rotors keep them. The factory rotors were brembo and you pretty much can't beat the quality. The only real upgrade from them are a lighter two piece rotor. I lucked up and found a set of factory rotors and I use them for the track. My lighter two piece are for the street.

93VORTECH

Established Member
IMG_5627.jpg

I'm Running the BREMBO'S with Slotted Rotors and Hawk Pads...They Work Great! :banana:

EB85

Established Member
Centric cryo blanks in the front, standard Centrics in the rear. HPS pads all around.

04cobruh

Established Member
If your still on factory rotors keep them. The factory rotors were brembo and you pretty much can't beat the quality. The only real upgrade from them are a lighter two piece rotor. I lucked up and found a set of factory rotors and I use them for the track. My lighter two piece are for the street.

Good to know. I have a spare set of fronts as well. Looks like ill be keeping those bad boys!

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread