What kind of brake rotors and pads are cobra owners using

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
P8161028_zps52f6epj2.jpg

P9191337_zpsbyz6hqip.jpg

Bigggy

Established Member
Just ordered Powerstop Z26 pads and will be running them on plain rotors (I think its cheaper to run cheap rotors and replace them often if they get warp on the track). Also changing the oil is not a matter of if but when, it really needs to be replaced.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Rotorpros slotted rotors and hawk ceramic pads. No complaints, I wanted a low dust pad for my wheels.

stvdman

Established Member
Just ordered HAWK HPS 5.0 SECTOR 27 brake kit. ( http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance-street/bundles-kits/sector-27 )

Thought I would give it a try, see how it goes. Still on original pads/rotors, just looking for an acceptable street oriented set-up.

Paid $226.64 including shipping.

Anything crazy on front rotor/pad install to be concerned with?

Brake install 1.jpg
Brake install.jpg

Here they are installed. Installation was pretty straightforward as explained. Braking performance is on par or better than stock, dont have a lot of time driving on them yet. 2nd pic is right after taking them out to "bed them in".

My only concern with this particular set-up is one of the drilled holes is outside the sweep area of the pads. By-product of an inferior kit? No biggie? Will run them for a bit and see if anything concerning pops up.

Users who are viewing this thread