What does it take to pull 500RWHP out of a 2018 Mustang GT?

Gravik

Established Member
Hey Now! Nothing wrong with these crappy, out dated, boat anchors called 2V's... I have a "few" bolt-on's on mine... I sure wish I could afford a turbo'd 2018, tho..snivel, snivel, :(

ks

At least you don't have a h/c/I 302 that barely makes 300whp.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
The 18's are no joke. Ford broke their foot off into those next gen 5.0's. Coupled with the A10, and you can get serious performance. Yes it is on corn, but get a felx tune and its all good. Corn for racing, 93 for driving.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Hahah man all these new cars are getting out of control. Imagine what is going to be in another 10 years . (Factory cars coming out with 1k whp) lol . I remember when i had my first stang . 1995 5.0 i thought i was fadt as hell with the 200hp it had lmao

I think we’ll hit a regulatory wall again real soon. With new CAFE and EPA requirements coming out, I suspect we’ll get to enjoy another “1972” all over again.

Mandatory Hybrids, Mandatory 50mpg, Mandatory Self Driving, so forth. Then we’ll see manufacturers starting over to make cars great again.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I think we’ll hit a regulatory wall again real soon. With new CAFE and EPA requirements coming out, I suspect we’ll get to enjoy another “1972” all over again.

Mandatory Hybrids, Mandatory 50mpg, Mandatory Self Driving, so forth. Then we’ll see manufacturers starting over to make cars great again.
Not as long as the GOAT is in office.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
3 hours ago...President Donald Trump told leaders of the world’s top automakers on Friday that he wants to see more cars built in the United States as his administration weighs plans to reduce gas mileage and pollution requirements enacted during the Obama administration.

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/auto-executives-to-meet-with-trump-on-gas-mileage-standards/

ABOUT
****ING
TIME

I was wondering when Obama-era CAFE/EPA/MPG regulations were going to get nixed. I'm all for building cars that are more efficient, but the consumer market must drive these demands from manufacturers, not governments. If the people want it, companies will fill the demands or lose business.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Question and not being a troll but what does it take to get a GT350 to 500rwhp?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
They didn't have any PP cars which is what I wanted to see. I don't dislike the nose, I just don't like it as much as the 15-17. They did have a white GT premium with everything blacked out and that was my favorite on the lot. Was a manual though!

I made the switch recently but I here you on the front end. A10, 3.55's, rear quad, and great deal swung me enough to deal with the front end. Here is a picture of both in my driveway, and definitely think the 15-17' front end is better.

41705378822_cee708a2cf_b.jpg
2018-04-27_06-36-14

MG0h3

Established Member
Ya def. look better from the front and side. Sure you can dress the front end up somehow though.

Can't deny that performance though.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I've seen a couple '18s now that were done so tastefully they were manageable. Stock is just atrocious though. I don't like the S550 platform in terms of looks anyway, and that's considering I own a '17.

Edit: Having said that, if I'm being completely honest, the front end wouldn't be enough to sway me to a '17 if I were in the market. Especially considering the increased performance.

MG0h3

Established Member
Ive seen one in that green color (kinda like MG almost) and I thought it looked sweet. Had a little spoiler on the back, lowered on meats. Not sure what you can do to the front though.

Guard metallic; looked a lot lighter/browner in the sun when I saw it.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Ya def. look better from the front and side. Sure you can dress the front end up somehow though.

Can't deny that performance though.

I've seen a couple '18s now that were done so tastefully they were manageable. Stock is just atrocious though. I don't like the S550 platform in terms of looks anyway, and that's considering I own a '17.

In fairness, the right is lowered with grills and Forgestars.

The 18' is getting Cervini upper and lowers (on backorder), Steeda Coilovers, and transferring the 20" Piano Black Forgestars over.

All being said, the A10 with 3.55's is a completely different animal than the 16' A6 with 3.15's.

Kiohtee

Established Member
In fairness, the right is lowered with grills and Forgestars.

The 18' is getting Cervini upper and lowers (on backorder), Steeda Coilovers, and transferring the 20" Piano Black Forgestars over.

All being said, the A10 with 3.55's is a completely different animal than the 16' A6 with 3.15's.

The '18 would be a completely different animal even if the '16 had 3.55s. Lol

There's just no denying the '18 performance.

Users who are viewing this thread