What does it take to pull 500RWHP out of a 2018 Mustang GT?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
There's absolutely no debate that the new '18+ Mustang GT is a better performer and all around better car than a '15-17, however, this is the first one I've seen make this amount of power with such little mods. And tuners such as Lund, AED and VMP already have their own cars as well. I'm a little skeptical honestly.

Having said all that; if my '17 was totaled on the way home this evening, I would have a 2018 GT by the weekend.
That dude up in Canada went high 10s on tune, tire, and intake with 94 pump.

This dyno might read a bit high but the cars are performers for sure.

scott_0

Established Member
these 18' are nasty af! friend of my nephews bolted a ProCharger on his A10 car, 9.8@143, supposedly broke the A10 however........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
...........but not the same weight :)
Who cares, the car has back seats and is a more comfortable car. comparing motor vs motor, I would take the gen 3 coyote ANY day. Add boost to both and that LS powered car is seeing tail lights.

Mod it. Life is short. I do have a boosted 15-17 GT on my list of possible next toy, but now I might just want a boosted '18 only. ****.
What about a used C7Z? LOL, good luck deciding!!!!

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Who cares, the car has back seats and is a more comfortable car. comparing motor vs motor, I would take the gen 3 coyote ANY day. Add boost to both and that LS powered car is seeing tail lights.

x10.

Ford finally got serious in 2011 with the coyote release and it doesn’t appear to be looking back.

This coming from a guy who’s family has owned countless GM products including z06 vettes.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I think your next car is going to be a c7z, whether its a convertible or targa top. I like the way the vert looks more, but I would buy the coupe instead because of said targa top.

08mojo

Established Member
Yea, I need to start test driving shit.

I drove a couple C7Z06 cars recently. The power deliver is amazing and the interior is a serious upgrade over the C6s. That said, I was looking for a daily driver and couldn't justify the C7Z...as a weekend/nice day only car, C7Z would have been in my garage.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I drove a couple C7Z06 cars recently. The power deliver is amazing and the interior is a serious upgrade over the C6s. That said, I was looking for a daily driver and couldn't justify the C7Z...as a weekend/nice day only car, C7Z would have been in my garage.
I've driven a C7Z & loved it. It was the most expensive test drive I was ever on. ;)
Yea, I wouldn't daily it either. Screw you snow! I'm still considering another C6, but I don't think I'll be able to do it b/c the interior difference alone. Worst case, I just get a modded Non-Z C7.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I can't even explain how much different my 2018 feels from my 2016.

God damn, everyone around here is trading up. At this point I'll probably be the last 15-17 owner on SVTP in 6 months

It's hard to deny how awesome the new gen 3 coyote is, being able to crack 500 wheel with barely any work, pretty soon Gen 3 N/A coyotes are going to be on the heels of gen 2 blown coyotes in the 1/4.

I'm still not big on the front end, at this point I'll probably just throw a stage 3 PP on the car, ride out the warranty, then throw a TVS on in a couple years when my car is worth 13 grand.

bigdave03svt

Established Member
Ass end makes up for it with quad exhaust and the flat black bottom trim.

These cars look great in person.

I stopped in at a dealer over the weekend to look at them up close, and it just doesn't do it for me out front. The rear was a worthy upgrade though!. There's no denying their performance though. It is great to see ford bringing it as I'm a die hard mustang fan and will definitively be back in one someday. Likely when the 500 hits the street, if it's what I hope it to be. For now, the Big Nasty keeps me smiling.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I was the same on the front end but I think seeing the GT with PP helped me like it more with the slightly large chin. I remember the first one I tested which was just a premium 401a, I didn't care for the front. I guess eventually I liked it enough to make me ponder at buying one after seeing them more frequently. Now that I have it and look at it everyday I'm not sure why I disliked it honestly. It just flows better with the body lines. And of course you would prefer your Z, who wouldn't!
IMG_20180510_133139_004.jpg

bigdave03svt

Established Member
I was the same on the front end but I think seeing the GT with PP helped me like it more with the slightly large chin. I remember the first one I tested which was just a premium 401a, I didn't care for the front. I guess eventually I liked it enough to make me ponder at buying one after seeing them more frequently. Now that I have it and look at it everyday I'm not sure why I disliked it honestly. It just flows better with the body lines. And of course you would prefer your Z, who wouldn't!
View attachment 1486544

They didn't have any PP cars which is what I wanted to see. I don't dislike the nose, I just don't like it as much as the 15-17. They did have a white GT premium with everything blacked out and that was my favorite on the lot. Was a manual though!

Users who are viewing this thread