What did you score on the ASVAB?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I feel like such a dumbass after looking at all your scores. The recruiter told me a 61 was good. I guess he was letting me down easy. lol

actually taken against the WHOLE I think 61 is pretty good esp. now days when a 30 will get you in LOL! I would not judge against those posting here, I was pretty proud of my asvab score but others may not be so they don't post ... the folks in this forum are no criteria for judging LOL

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I feel like such a dumbass after looking at all your scores. The recruiter told me a 61 was good. I guess he was letting me down easy. lol

I was told that I was "over qualfied", for the job I wanted (Aerial Gunner) because of my score...... Damn recruiter pulled a quick one on this supposedly smart person:smmon:

AlanSVT

Established Member
I dont know about the other branches. But the Army is all about the GT score. If you have a GT score of 110 or higher you can pretty much get any job in the army. Now some jobs also require other scores too.

Alan

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
after reading yalls scores and seeing what my current job is i kinda wonder.... i scored a 67 and im air traffic control lol ATC is not hard though only to those who make it.

I don't know what your plans are after your current enlistment term, but if I was you, I would seriously look into ATC in the civilian sector. It's one of the highest paying jobs that does not require a college degree ($100K+ annually). I've thought about lat moving for my second term and doing the same.

THE_STIG

Established Member
The sad part is, I know a couple people that failed it, one girl I was at MEPS with scored a friggin 26. Sucks because she was cute too.

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
I actually scored a 99 on electrical and high 80's rest of it... Thing is I didn't know shit electrical, never worked with it before, ect. I guess Christmas tree'n works :shrug:

Last edited:

csvtjohnga

Established Member
I don't know what your plans are after your current enlistment term, but if I was you, I would seriously look into ATC in the civilian sector. It's one of the highest paying jobs that does not require a college degree ($100K+ annually). I've thought about lat moving for my second term and doing the same.

im in the guard so im stayin in the guard untill i retire and should be getting picked up by the FAA for a SE Center ATC job here in a year or so.;-)

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
84 had recruiters chasing me for months in high school. almost joined the Corps but decided to get on with the Montgomery Police Dept

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
I got a 98. Had all the services talking to me until we started talking about really really bad eyes (20/650 uncorrected) and really really really really really really flat feet. Not even a hint of an arch. My feet are so flat the National Bureau of Standards uses them to calculate the level standard. Back then they were not granting waivers for such things like they do now.
Hmm, so I'm not alone. I'm as blind as you!

03DOHC

Established Member
98. The recruiter wanted to put me in the nuke program. I said no way. I don't do undersea operations!
Same thing for me. They tried to convince me to go on a sub with a substantial signing bonus. When he said I could be under water for 6 months I laughed. I think mine was a 94, been a long time.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I forget mine but i had Air Force recruiters telling me with the scores i could fly F18's and such. I think i pretty much aced it, even though i was only taking it to get out of class. Multiple choice ftw.

was all for it, till they saw my 2.0 GPA and were like "well, ground based communications is always a good field........"

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member

got a 68, don't feel bad bro lol.. they offered me a free day outta school to take it!
winded up getting the best job in the Navy though, Gunnersmate baby! :beer:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I scored a 92 or a 96, I can't remember which. It was a required test at our high school and only one person enlisted from my class. I think she scored a 60 lol.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Yea, I noticed infantry has the widest spans. I had a ton of friends over 120 on the GT, and had a buddy that had a 30 haha. Actually, he wanted to be a tanker, but was too retarded.

Users who are viewing this thread