What did you score on the ASVAB?

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I actually scored a 99 on electrical and high 80's rest of it... Thing is I didn't know shit electrical, never worked with it before, ect. I guess Christmas tree'n works :shrug:

Oh man, I talked to a younger guy today that said he scored high in the 90's across the board.... let me just say, a real dull knife there...

IIRC, I got mid/high 70's? I've worked with a few guys that scored very low, they ended up being some of the best aircraft mechanics out there.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Yea, I noticed infantry has the widest spans. I had a ton of friends over 120 on the GT, and had a buddy that had a 30 haha. Actually, he wanted to be a tanker, but was too retarded.

Yes, you will always see a huge gap in the infantry. Most of the infantry volunteers are either brilliant or retarded.

I don't remember the asvab score, but my gt was 134. Like someone else they tried to recruit me for intel (mostly because I already had college and spoke 2 other languages), but I chose infantry. Joining the Marines was the single best decision I ever made.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
99 overall. IIRC the scores were 135, 136, and 138. Not bad for taking it on 3 hours of sleep. lol. After I took it they talked me into resigning open contract at a minimum (I had signed for grunt). I ended up doing Avionics on Harriers and could not have been happier where I landed. The airwing was treated like they were 10, but the grunts I saw were treated like they were 2.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I feel like such a dumbass after looking at all your scores. The recruiter told me a 61 was good. I guess he was letting me down easy. lol

Nah. If you think about it, the people that are most likely to post theirs are the ones that did really well on it. It's also a percentile thing. A 61 means you did better than 61 percent of the people who took it. But I don't know if they're talking about that day, that year, or ever.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
I forget mine but i had Air Force recruiters telling me with the scores i could fly F18's and such. I think i pretty much aced it, even though i was only taking it to get out of class. Multiple choice ftw.

was all for it, till they saw my 2.0 GPA and were like "well, ground based communications is always a good field........"

Getting to fly F-16s F-18s or anything else has nothing to do with the ASVAB. Recruiters are awesome.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Scored a 96 and went infantry. :beer:

Id have to find the paper to get my breakdown.

05saleent

Established Member
Guess I've got the low score....When I took it in '94 I got a 57 AFQT, and a 106 GT. It was my junior year. I still landed a decent job working on F-18 avionics. I took the practice ASVAB a couple years ago and got a 74.

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
94 with a 135 GT ( if i remember correctly) score. My dumb ass went MP. My 3 choices were MP, Infantry, and Cav Scout. The recruiter was like "Are you sure?" I should have gone aviation or ATC or something. lol. I like MP though.

Last edited:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Getting to fly F-16s F-18s or anything else has nothing to do with the ASVAB. Recruiters are awesome.

+1 I went to boot camp in Nov 99(USN), and i had guys thinkin they were goin home for christmas.. Then again i had some nuke tard wanting to bet me 100.00 there was caffeine in sprite.. He was dead serious.

Ill be honest, i scored a 59 i think it was.. just goes to show, you should probably read the questions a little better on the test, i jammed through it, and went into intel. Great job, but got out in 04 :rockon:

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
I'm not calling BS on anyone in particular as there is obviously no way to differentiate the liars from the guys who aren't, but I know that I had the highest score in my area consisting of 3 high schools, and I only scored a 97. Obviously, some in here are not telling the truth. They called and called. I ended up going to West Point, but that had nothing to do with the ASVAB. BTW, West Point was miserable and I do not recommend it to others unless they are better suited than me to a prison life. I made it through, but it was a struggle. The academics were not the challenging part. The lifestyle is like prison. "Six bells and all is well. Another week shot to hell. Another week in my little gray cell. Another week in which to excel. Oh, hell."

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
You ever get your shit pushed in?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KGRZuWXVhA"]YouTube- Training day, simple question.[/ame]

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not calling BS on anyone in particular as there is obviously no way to differentiate the liars from the guys who aren't, but I know that I had the highest score in my area consisting of 3 high schools, and I only scored a 97. Obviously, some in here are not telling the truth. They called and called. I ended up going to West Point, but that had nothing to do with the ASVAB. BTW, West Point was miserable and I do not recommend it to others unless they are better suited than me to a prison life. I made it through, but it was a struggle. The academics were not the challenging part. The lifestyle is like prison. "Six bells and all is well. Another week shot to hell. Another week in my little gray cell. Another week in which to excel. Oh, hell."

So you're better than all us enlisted folks? GTFOutta here with your B/S. You may issue orders but I guarantee if they are followed it is only because of the rank you hold, not because your troops respect YOU.

tankerman1981

Established Member
although scores really are kinda not important because ive had people that have high scores and NO COMMON SENSE and then some with medicore scores and some of the best soldiers I've ever met.... sooo i guess you never know

ToyoFl

Established Member
I JUST took the ASVAB yesterday, and got my scores today...98 woooooo...the recruiter's like um yeah you pretty much qualify for everything

Users who are viewing this thread