What did you score on the ASVAB?

scorcher2005

USMC
Established Member
AFQT 94, GT 136, Mechanical (MM?) 149, EL and what ever else were all over 100. Im in the marines and work on F/A-18s. Wanted to go intel but all the spots were filled, so i picked working on jets. Worst decision ever :-/

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
Yeah same here...my lowest was electronics got an 87 I think, and the rest low 90s except for English my best subject I gota perfect score...it was soooo easy, but then I got an 32 on the ACT in English so who am I to brag:-D

how come? I was thinking bout doing intel, or ATC...any other jobs that relate to high pay in the Civilian world?

if you want a job that pays high in the civillian world go to college. believe me you will study less in college, have more fun, and get a more enjoyable job in the end.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I took mine in 1998 I remember I could do anything in the military, I went Marine infantry Fox co 2/5, now I'm heading off to Selection in the Army (Thats right army we Marines are taking your Army budget over one by one hahaha.)

So you were a Marine and now you are in the Army and your going to Selection? Or are you a Marine trying for MARSOC? Either way good luck. When I finish my degree(2 years left) I'm going to put in for Selection.

latamud

Gearhead
Established Member
One other person, girl scored a 25:dw: I guess the el paso meps is advanced becasue I took the ASVAB on a computer and the testing officer just handed my score to the MEPS people. The DLAB on the other hand took about 20 minutes to get my score back. Good thing I didn't pass that Linguist would have sucked.

97 on the ASVAB, 121 on the DLAB. 10 years as a Chinese Linguist. You missed out, Monterey was the best place to be stationed/schooled. Then my first duty station was Hawaii.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
97 on the ASVAB, 121 on the DLAB. 10 years as a Chinese Linguist. You missed out, Monterey was the best place to be stationed/schooled. Then my first duty station was Hawaii.

It just wouldn't have been for me. If it were possible for me to have gone airborne crypto linguist, that would have been awesome. But I can't pass a classIII flight physical.... Damn eyes:fm:

Storm_jordan

Established Member
got my scores a few weeks back. Recruiter told me good job but it sucks compared to some of yours.

asvab1.jpg

JasonSnake

Established Member
My little brother took the ASVAB and got a score of 15. Yes, he did horrible in high school and didn't give a rats ass about learning. Now he has to wait 30 days before retaking it again for the Marines. He still hasn't picked up his ASVAB study book since he took that test 2 weeks ago. When he first took it, everyone felt sorry for him but now he won't even pick up the book to study. Instead, he gets on his playstation for 4 - 6 hours a day or Facebook for a couple of hours.

I honestly believe that the Ritalin pills and depression pills he was prescribed as a kid have f'd his head up just b/c a couple of doctors wanted to put some extra cash in their pockets.

If I attempt to take away his PS3 or disconnect him from the net, he will simply get physical and temperamental. If he gets that way, you can be assured that something will break in the house.

He's really got me down right now.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
83 and 125 GT. So far I've found that the GT is more important when getting into schools.

It didn't help that it had been so long since I've had to do long hand equations that I had to relearn math all over again pretty much. I've never felt more retarded than trying to remember how to do simple multiplication problems long hand. I can usually just do it in my head or I at least have a calculator.

I'd imagine I'd do a lot better if I took it again.

No it isn't. I know 4 guys with 140+ GT scores. One dude with a 153.

Had a guy at ITB with a 99 on the ASVAB and somehow had a 168 GT score. The max is supposed to be 160. He had a Bachelors in Chemistry.

Last edited:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Same thing for me. They tried to convince me to go on a sub with a substantial signing bonus. When he said I could be under water for 6 months I laughed. I think mine was a 94, been a long time.

Hey, don't knock till you've tried it.....:fart:

Storm_jordan

Established Member
My little brother took the ASVAB and got a score of 15. Yes, he did horrible in high school and didn't give a rats ass about learning. Now he has to wait 30 days before retaking it again for the Marines. He still hasn't picked up his ASVAB study book since he took that test 2 weeks ago. When he first took it, everyone felt sorry for him but now he won't even pick up the book to study. Instead, he gets on his playstation for 4 - 6 hours a day or Facebook for a couple of hours.

I honestly believe that the Ritalin pills and depression pills he was prescribed as a kid have f'd his head up just b/c a couple of doctors wanted to put some extra cash in their pockets.

If I attempt to take away his PS3 or disconnect him from the net, he will simply get physical and temperamental. If he gets that way, you can be assured that something will break in the house.

He's really got me down right now.

take it from him and tell him he wont get it back until he does better. He should cave in eventually :shrug:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i got a 64 on the day they give you off to take it. took it quick....who knew i'd be enlisting and using it later...lol should've taken it seriously

03cobraracer

Established Member
yeah im taking it soon as well. i hoping i do well i wanna go air force. i think i need at least a 50 to get in from what i remember. i took the law enforcement exam 2 years ago here in nj which seems kinda similar and i got a 86 on that so we shall see. just gotta finish losing this damn weight so i can start the process. im hopefully going in for either security forces(wanna be a cop when i get out) or try out for PJ's maybe.

JasonSnake

Established Member
take it from him and tell him he wont get it back until he does better. He should cave in eventually :shrug:

Trust me, it's not at easy as you think. This kid will blow up and destroy shit in the house if that PS3 disappears.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Trust me, it's not at easy as you think. This kid will blow up and destroy shit in the house if that PS3 disappears.

Sabotage it in a way that you can easily fix it later but he'll just think it took a crap. Before he sends it out to get fixed, fix it, and while it's gone make him study. Repeat if needed. Problem solved.

saleensc281

Established Member
Dont remember my ASVAB score, GT is 116 used to be a 98 when I joined. Honestly ASVAB and GT scores do not mean a damn thing. Ive come across Soliders who have scored awesome on the ASVAB, but were dumb as a box of rocks when it came to doing their jobs, having common sense, and/or a total problem child. IMO what counts is a Soldier knowing how to do his job (being tactical and technically proficient), having common sense, and one who stays out of trouble. A high GT score is required for WAC school, Drill Sergeant, Master Gunner and etc. So it is good for professional development...but it does not make you a good Soldier.

Users who are viewing this thread