What did you do for your Terminator today?

03' White Snake

Established Member
Finished assembling the engine, have all the timing set straight up for now. Start timing the cams tomorrow after I get some bench mark numbers.

A591D4E3-3414-4F2A-9176-F58F58B2951E.jpeg
ED0815B9-36B3-469E-ACD2-296F75D8A7D1.jpeg
648E8EB0-EEDA-4C98-93CF-666B459BDAF7.jpeg

olympic

Established Member
Something in the diff let go while cruising on the highway. I limped it home 3 miles while making all sorts of bad noises. Pulled the diff and the best I can figure is the pinion bearing crapped out. The yoke won't come off so I can't see what's going on in there and the seal somehow got pushed out during the carnage. I'll talk to the local drivetrain shop and see what they say.

20220525_223319.jpg

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Something in the diff let go while cruising on the highway. I limped it home 3 miles while making all sorts of bad noises. Pulled the diff and the best I can figure is the pinion bearing crapped out. The yoke won't come off so I can't see what's going on in there and the seal somehow got pushed out during the carnage. I'll talk to the local drivetrain shop and see what they say.

View attachment 1749667

that pinion yoke looks different than stock - like for a different type of design - is that right?

patc84

Established Member
contemplating ordering redline goods alcantara shifter and ebrake boot.

Anyone dealt with them or have first hand installation of either listed above?

The instructions on their website are not so good. TIA

01yellercobra

Established Member
contemplating ordering redline goods alcantara shifter and ebrake boot.

Anyone dealt with them or have first hand installation of either listed above?

The instructions on their website are not so good. TIA
Ordered a shift boot for the wife's 06 and I currently have one of their center console covers in may car. The quality is good. There isn't much to installing them. For the shift boot it had to be glued in place like factory. The console cover is just elastic so it slides on. I messed up when I ordered and selected charcoal. Which is the wrong color. So I leave it on for driving and take it off for shows.

DCguy

Established Member
Looks great. How did you get the emissions crap out without breaking them? or is it a new tank?
Its a brand new tank...I welded up the two openings where the emissions and EVAP stuff would go. There's a secondary outlet on the passenger side of the tank (can't see it in the photo) that i'll use for vent.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Its a brand new tank...I welded up the two openings where the emissions and EVAP stuff would go. There's a secondary outlet on the passenger side of the tank (can't see it in the photo) that i'll use for vent.
Ahh nice. Good call.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Took the old girl for what very well may have been her final emissions test. Applying for collector plates next year. One-time fee and that's all she wrote. My cousin seems to think the plates themselves can be painted as long as the characters are still easily legible. In WI, collector plates are blue with red numbers. Spray the plate sonic and the numbers white or black? Hmmmm...

patc84

Established Member
Thanks. Pretty straight forward. Grinding on cc mounting tabs is required. Just blasted those down with a dremel. Otherwise few hand tools and a puller

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread