What did you do for your Terminator today?

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I’m re-tuning the car so I decided to stop and take a quick pic while driving around.

View attachment 1750108

The car drives perfect. No clunks, noises, etc. The drive is firm yet compliant. The only noise is the whine from the ported blower. The prior owner had this car sorted out very well.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Are you using the MS3 PnP ecu or am I confusing you with someone else?

HPLouis

Established Member
How is it tuning with PRP?
I haven't tried the others and besides the TwEECer back in the early 2000's, all I've used is the PRP and I have no issues with it. The datalogging works for me and I'm used to the downloading files. It's better than before, when I had to drive around with a SNEEC-IV for datalogging and a chip burner.

I use Don LaSota's book for tuning and I still call him, and JDM with questions and they're very helpful. Also, SVTPerformance has a lot of people here who use it and are very helpful too. They make tuning with the PRP very easy for me.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Degreed the cams Saturday, buttoned up the motor, installed IW dampener, RXT 1200HD, need to adjust the pivot ball height still, then the motors ready to go back in the car this week.

C13DE27F-B9BC-4432-A8B8-648E4C71EC34.jpeg

7BA8A17F-0546-4DA0-8EA3-3BD6FE0F9D19.jpeg
F34DFB1F-9A10-43B1-B978-DBF59EDAD057.jpeg
E1232172-F92F-440D-A9FF-6CF4DBFE1345.jpeg

MG0h3

Established Member
Degreed the cams Saturday, buttoned up the motor, installed IW dampener, RXT 1200HD, need to adjust the pivot ball height still, then the motors ready to go back in the car this week.

View attachment 1750128

View attachment 1750129View attachment 1750130View attachment 1750131

Most @5mm shorter is the ticket. That’s what I did and it does release a little earlier than before with the regular RXT.

Pedal is a bit heavier on the 1200 but I suspect the shorter pivot ball reduces leverage a little as well.

Did you clearance the fork and ribs on the face of the magnum where the fork will hit?

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I haven't tried the others and besides the TwEECer back in the early 2000's, all I've used is the PRP and I have no issues with it. The datalogging works for me and I'm used to the downloading files. It's better than before, when I had to drive around with a SNEEC-IV for datalogging and a chip burner.

I use Don LaSota's book for tuning and I still call him, and JDM with questions and they're very helpful. Also, SVTPerformance has a lot of people here who use it and are very helpful too. They make tuning with the PRP very easy for me.
Good to know. I’ve thrown around the idea of tuning my own car. Having a Holley Terminator X on my fox body got me interested. I don’t want to put a whole new ECM in this cobra so PRP would the be the one option I would chose. Good to know a lot of support exists.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Most @5mm shorter is the ticket. That’s what I did and it does release a little earlier than before with the regular RXT.

Pedal is a bit heavier on the 1200 but I suspect the shorter pivot ball reduces leverage a little as well.

Did you clearance the fork and ribs on the face of the magnum where the fork will hit?

Yea I clearanced the ribs pretty far down with the stock stud. This is the first time I’m trying the RXT so I hope I can get it right before having to pull it from the car again. I’m trying to set it outside the car.

MG0h3

Established Member
Yea I clearanced the ribs pretty far down with the stock stud. This is the first time I’m trying the RXT so I hope I can get it right before having to pull it from the car again. I’m trying to set it outside the car.

Just to be clear, I’m talking about the aluminum case ribs on the face of the trans where the fork would contact them when pushed all the way back.

When I went to do the 1200, I eyeballed where the fork was hitting the case and clearanced both a bit.

Got 14k miles out of the regular RXT before the fork was sandwiched against the case and I was slipping.

Im running a Fidanza aluminum flywheel. I guess some flywheels are different thickness and can play a part.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Just to be clear, I’m talking about the aluminum case ribs on the face of the trans where the fork would contact them when pushed all the way back.

When I went to do the 1200, I eyeballed where the fork was hitting the case and clearanced both a bit.

Got 14k miles out of the regular RXT before the fork was sandwiched against the case and I was slipping.

Im running a Fidanza aluminum flywheel. I guess some flywheels are different thickness and can play a part.

Exactly what I ground on the front case. 2 channels where the fork hits the webbing. I just kept grinding til they weren’t the part hitting anymore. My magnums 5/6 yrs old. Only has about 5k miles on it though. I’m not against grinding on it now hahaha.

I installed the lightened steel Lethal Performance flywheel as part of the MCLOED kit.

Having a hell of a time getting the trans mated up to the engine tho. The engine is floating on the hoist so it’s swinging around and it just won’t fully seat. I gave up for tonight. Put in damn near 10 hrs on the engine today. I’m beat, back at it after work tomorrow.

MG0h3

Established Member
Ugh. Sounds like you e been around the block so you know how to use the alignment tool while tightening the PP down.

Did a magnum swap into my friends fox a couple months back and we couldn’t get the last quarter inch for some reason.

We were getting into the pilot bearing so finally said **** it and used studs and a ratchet to pull it in.

Sometimes all this aftermarket stuff just isn’t perfect or the tolerance is so tight it won’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03' White Snake

Established Member
Ugh. Sounds like you e been around the block so you know how to use the alignment tool while tightening the PP down.

Did a magnum swap into my friends fox a couple months back and we couldn’t get the last quarter inch for some reason.

We were getting into the pilot bearing so finally said **** it and used studs and a ratchet to pull it in.

Sometimes all this aftermarket stuff just isn’t perfect or the tolerance is so tight it won’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Yea that’s where I’m at. 1/4-3/8” gap. I applied the tiniest bit of upward pressure with the tool. It’s tight for sure. Makes the pop noise when I pull it out. Slides back in fairly easy though so I know it’s aligned. Just means the transmission is going to need to be aligned perfect to go in I guess. Glad I’m doing this now then under the car on stands.

Rambro

Established Member
I had the same issue last year with the trans not wanting to go all the way in. Summer time, in the garage, on my back. Once you’ve done it a few times it’s not too terrible of a job if the trans goes back in without a fight.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Good to know. I’ve thrown around the idea of tuning my own car. Having a Holley Terminator X on my fox body got me interested. I don’t want to put a whole new ECM in this cobra so PRP would the be the one option I would chose. Good to know a lot of support exists.
If you don't have the software yet you should look into decipha's set up. I have the PRP and if I had stayed with the stock ECU I might have switched over. I believe @cj428mach uses it and is very happy with it.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
If you don't have the software yet you should look into decipha's set up. I have the PRP and if I had stayed with the stock ECU I might have switched over. I believe @cj428mach uses it and is very happy with it.
I’ll take a look at that, thanks! If I had the money I would go right to a Holley setup but that’s not in the horizon right now. Seems like I’ll be stuck the stock ECU for the foreseeable future.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I’ll take a look at that, thanks! If I had the money I would go right to a Holley setup but that’s not in the horizon right now. Seems like I’ll be stuck the stock ECU for the foreseeable future.
I get it. The funny part is I might start tuning my son's car this weekend that's going to be running a Haltech so now I'm curious about that. I've heard good things so I might be looking to switch from the MS3 in the future.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Finally got the trans to mate up correctly. Had to strap the engine to the stand to hold it in place. Then the trans slide right in.

I shortened the pivot ball a good amount. I got about 1/8”-1/4” of clearance between the TB and the PP fingers. I think that should be enough.

Time to drop the engine back in tomorrow night.

B1F14FEE-B571-41EB-A8EF-31C08740149E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread