What did you do for your Terminator today?

SNISTR1

Established Member
Caught a couple photos of it with Mount Etna erupting in the back ground. Also got all of my parts i ordered from black friday in atmy folks house back in the states. Lethal 1300 return, ID1300x's, Viking coil over all around, upr tubular k & a arms, FTBR everything for the IRS and a set of stifflers sf connectors. putting her in a box to head back to gods country in the next couple weeks.
IMG_0692.JPG
Image1545810391.689368.jpg
Image1545810442.249254.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Warmer weather will be here soon enough, Smooth. So keep that photo at the ready. ;) I can well imagine how much you want to get that bad boy back on the street.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Warmer weather will be here soon enough, Smooth. So keep that photo at the ready. ;) I can well imagine how much you want to get that bad boy back on the street.
Not soon enough, Bob. About 3.5 months to go. No matter what though, the cover comes off and I'm leaving for Charlotte, NC on April 13th for the grand opening of The Mustang Owner's Museum (founding member) and 55th anniversary celebration.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Received my adjustable pivot ball in the mail. I'll be pulling the trans in the next week or so to swap the stock one for it. I'm really trying to keep from swapping the headers I have in the garage at the same time.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Received my adjustable pivot ball in the mail. I'll be pulling the trans in the next week or so to swap the stock one for it. I'm really trying to keep from swapping the headers I have in the garage at the same time.
What's your set up? And why are you swapping?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
What's your set up? And why are you swapping?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I have the RXT and an unknown flywheel. The PO didn't swap out the pivot balls when he installed the RXT so the clutch fork is push back against the trans. There's no freeplay in the fork. So I'm going to put in the adjustable pivot ball so I can get the needed freeplay in the fork. I'm mostly concerned with the clutch fingers having no room to move as the clutch wears. I'm sure I'm already missing a little bit of grip because of it. I'm planning on keeping the RXT though.

stangfreak

Established Member
Just in case I end up keeping my car, I am having someone I know make me adapter plates to install my 2.9 whipple setup on a 5.4 block. Had the chance to have them done so why not. can always sell them. should arrive second week of january.

MG0h3

Established Member
I have the RXT and an unknown flywheel. The PO didn't swap out the pivot balls when he installed the RXT so the clutch fork is push back against the trans. There's no freeplay in the fork. So I'm going to put in the adjustable pivot ball so I can get the needed freeplay in the fork. I'm mostly concerned with the clutch fingers having no room to move as the clutch wears. I'm sure I'm already missing a little bit of grip because of it. I'm planning on keeping the RXT though.

I can't remember if the normal T56 needs it or just magnum, but you need to clearance the front of the case and clutch fork. I'll try and find pictures but AED did a write up on it that ended up in a magazine years back. Oddly enough, the PO had the RXT installed at AED and it started slipping due to the fork hitting the face of the trans. Plenty of meat left on the discs.

4-5mm is what I found for how much to shorten the pivot ball. I went a little more "to be safe" and at first it seemed way low. Love it now.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I can't remember if the normal T56 needs it or just magnum, but you need to clearance the front of the case and clutch fork. I'll try and find pictures but AED did a write up on it that ended up in a magazine years back. Oddly enough, the PO had the RXT installed at AED and it started slipping due to the fork hitting the face of the trans. Plenty of meat left on the discs.

4-5mm is what I found for how much to shorten the pivot ball. I went a little more "to be safe" and at first it seemed way low. Love it now.

I've done some research and everything I've seen shows the T-56 is good. Only the Magnum needs clearancing. Thanks for the starting measurement. I'm fully expecting to pull the trans a couple times to get the measurements right. I don't have a stock clutch as a base.

MG0h3

Established Member
I've done some research and everything I've seen shows the T-56 is good. Only the Magnum needs clearancing. Thanks for the starting measurement. I'm fully expecting to pull the trans a couple times to get the measurements right. I don't have a stock clutch as a base.

I did it once and done. I think you have some room on either side of that measurement to be honest. I read ALOT of threads and it alwasy came back to 4.5 to 5mm. And thats from dudes that pulled it over and over. Think I did 6 or something and I actually really like it.

Users who are viewing this thread