What did you do for your Terminator today?

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I thought I'd tackle the simple task of replacing the old convertible Rams with new ones. I got new Rams in and now realize I'm not sure how to bleed the dang thing. I ran out of time for today, so this is how the car is going to sit till I get some more time to work on it.
2b20bb46208766cc7fb1ccb7be98d057.jpg
091527ec540f4ec3d3b68b9d7283f758.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I thought I'd tackle the simple task of replacing the old convertible Rams with new ones. I got new Rams in and now realize I'm not sure how to bleed the dang thing. I ran out of time for today, so this is how the car is going to sit till I get some more time to work on it.View attachment 1535731View attachment 1535732

@Smooth didn’t you do something like this, this past fall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
@Smooth didn’t you do something like this, this past fall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First time dealing with the failed convertible Rams. Earlier in the year I had a the top replaced (it was leaking in the back and at the a-pillar). It worked a total of about 5 times before the Rams failed. Prior to that I did tear into the car to air it out after encountering a flooded floor board in back.

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member
First time dealing with the failed convertible Rams. Earlier in the year I had a the top replaced (it was leaking in the back and at the a-pillar). It worked a total of about 5 times before the Rams failed. Prior to that I did tear into the car to air it out after encountering a flooded floor board in back.

Was is the passenger rear floorboard that flooded?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I thought I'd tackle the simple task of replacing the old convertible Rams with new ones. I got new Rams in and now realize I'm not sure how to bleed the dang thing. I ran out of time for today, so this is how the car is going to sit till I get some more time to work on it.View attachment 1535731View attachment 1535732

No bleeding necessary. Just fill the pump, cycle the top up and down several times, refill the pump, cycle several times, fill pump.

Do this until when you check the pump after cycling, it's still full. The only real bitch is getting that plug for filling the pump back in every time. Pain. In. The. Ass.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
No bleeding necessary. Just fill the pump, cycle the top up and down several times, refill the pump, cycle several times, fill pump.

Do this until when you check the pump after cycling, it's still full. The only real bitch is getting that plug for filling the pump back in every time. Pain. In. The. Ass.

Cool - I was a little concerned at this step. I did fill the pump up and then tried to put the plug back in for a good 10 minutes before I realized I should probably bleed this thing first. I wasn't sure if it was pressurized to where it would spit all the fluid back out or not. I'm not looking forward to putting that plug back in....

Where was that drain? My right rear floorboard gets wet randomly after raining and one time flooded

It's in the pinch weld, right in front of the back wheels. If you look under - you will see there is a small spot that has a little hole in it. I took a small drill bit and cleared what I could and then followed it up with a pipe cleaner.

The issue is the rail doesn't drain fast enough if it is clogged and there are holes just a little higher were the water overflows in the back floor board. I did also cover up the those holes a bit while the carpet was pulled back.
ZO8dKb4mxiL4K7sSeZVPNVf95WFpmlGwQ6HhgmHPEJ8pBAuPJyFnZTCzPMVhPT4NplbPpmilKdQ_xq8a-g=w1005-h566-no.jpg

Last edited:

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member
Cool - I was a little concerned at this step. I did fill the pump up and then tried to put the plug back in for a good 10 minutes before I realized I should probably bleed this thing first. I wasn't sure if it was pressurized to where it would spit all the fluid back out or not. I'm not looking forward to putting that plug back in....

It's in the pinch weld, right in front of the back wheels. If you look under - you will see there is a small spot that has a little hole in it. I took a small drill bit and cleared what I could and then followed it up with a pipe cleaner.

The issue is the rail doesn't drain fast enough if it is clogged and there are holes just a little higher were the water overflows in the back floor board. I did also cover up the those holes a bit while the carpet was pulled back.
View attachment 1535813

Thank you! I’ll definitely check that, it poured one day and the right rear floor board was honestly at least half full and I’m not exaggerating.

Blown03_GT

Established Member
It took me a little longer than I wanted, but I got to drive the car for the first time in about a month toady. Installed the MM delrin bushing kit for the IRS, Ford Racing 3.73 gears, new bearings, seals and clutches in the diff. Brakes, lowering springs, and sub-frame connectors coming in the near future.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Finished the convertible ram replacement job finally. It got messy there at the end but the top is going up and down like I believe it should now. To put the plug in, I took my Torx 25 screwdriver and put a couple layers of paper towels over it, then just twisted as I pushed it into the hole. It went in rather easily and quickly... That last few time I put the top down (prior to plugging it) caused the fluid to spill out of the reservoir, so I'm calling it good. I did record all the work I did and am editing it now. Hopefully I'll have a video out there that can help others in the future.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Took my Aeroforce gauge apart to see if I could figure out why the screen fades out. Reseated a ribbon cable and reflowed a couple solder joints. One looked pretty iffy. It looks a lot sharper now so hopefully that was it. Guess I'll have to drive it to work this week to make sure the gauge is fixed. Darn.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread